Most people looking to get treated for skin issues prefer the nonsurgical treatments due to their effectiveness and very few side effects. In recent times, there have been many techniques that have come to fore with fantastic results. Some combination therapies have been tried in recent times and a few have been more than useful.
Fractional Laser is known for its effective results with nominal downtime. It is perhaps the best skincare laser treatment available. Add PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) to this, and you get a cutting edge combination of two very effective treatment techniques tailor-made for people with a desire for noticeable results with the least possible downtime.
It is a fairly simple procedure, which can be accomplished over a lunch hour break, depending on the target area, as well as the patient’s ability to follow what the instructions of the doctor.
Who is a candidate?
There are numerous conditions that can be treated with the Fractional Laser and PRP Treatment in Dubai. You are a candidate for the treatment if you have:
- Loss of facial volume
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sagging skin
- Sun damage
- Acne scars
- Surgical scars
- Trauma scars
- Age spots
- Sun Spots
- Freckles and Blemishes
What is the aim of treatment?
Fractional CO2 Laser and PRP Therapy combination simply aims to:
- Enhance the efficacy of traditional laser skin resurfacing procedure
- Speed up the recovery and healing process
- Significantly reduce the post-procedural downtime.
How to prepare for Fractional Laser and PRP Therapy?
- Limit your sun exposure
- Avoid sunbathing or tanning for at least 2-3 weeks prior to the treatment
- Discuss in detail your medical history with your doctor
- Let your doctor know if you have ever used isotrex (isotretinoin) to treat acne
- Come to the clinic with clean face, with no makeup on
How Fractional Laser and PRP therapy works
It is a simple procedure that does not take much time. However, you need to hire services of an experienced dermatologist in Dubai to be sure that you get the most out of your treatment. The treatment begins with extraction of PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma).
- Platelet Rich Plasma is extracted from the blood which is drawn from the patient.
- The blood sample is then taken through centrifugation for about 10 minutes. This separates the platelets from the red blood cells.
- Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment is performed as usual, where it works by boring microscopic holes in the skin, with columns of space in between.
- At Laser Skincare Clinic, we use DEKA Smartxide Fractional CO2 Laser system.
- After the laser has done its job of creating thousands of micro wounds on the skin, the PRP is topically applied onto the treated areas.
- It uses the micro wounds as a channel to reach the deeper layers of the dermis where it does the work.
- For more severe conditions, your provider may prefer PRP shots using a meso-gun. But it varies from person to person depending upon the extent and severity of damage that needs fixing.
- The entire process takes anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes. But again it can vary from person to person.
- As the healing process begins, it gives the most effective skin rejuvenation effect
- Use cold compresses to alleviate any post-procedural discomfort, redness slight swelling (which is quite rare)
- Strictly avoid exposing treated areas to sunlight, both direct and indirect
- Wear a good quality, prescribed sunscreen during day time, even when indoors
- Scabs may form in the treated areas. Avoid picking or scratching scab
- Keep treated areas sufficiently and adequately hydrated
Results and Benefits
- This combination of PRP Treatment and fractional laser in Dubai gives more significant results as compared to using each treatment on its own.
- The introduction of PRP into the microscopic wounds increases the natural production of collagen and elastin
- PRP application after laser skin resurfacing results in a drastic reduction in the downtime
- Wound healing and repair properties of the growth factors are activated by the PRP.
- The PRP can also be injected inside the skin to add volume and improve texture of the skin.
- PRP application significantly reduces the risk of allergic reactions since it is drawn from the patient’s body
- The growth factors released by the PRP help in the generation of new tissue growth as well as skin regeneration.
- Which conditions can be treated with Fractional CO2 and PRP Therapy? It corrects a host of conditions including hyper-pigmentation, scarring, fine lines and wrinkles and acne and acne scars amongst others. Apart from resurfacing the skin as a result, fractional laser also works on boosting the collagen and elastin production levels in the skin.
- Are there any side effects? Research has shown that PRP reduces most of the side effects of the Fractional laser which include redness, longer downtime as well as reduction of post hyper pigmentation. The PRP also gives the skin a refreshed and healthy blood flow, which in turn makes the skin look brighter and healthier. Photosensitivity may develop after the treatment and proper care to counter the ill effects of UV rays should be taken.
- How many sessions are required? The exact number of sessions needed to completely get rid of skin issues will vary based on a number of factors. First and foremost, the condition and its extent are to be taken in to account. Similarly, how well a person responds to the treatment also plays a part. These sessions are spaced a few weeks apart from each other to allow the skin to fully recover.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
For further details on the Fractional laser and PRP treatment in Dubai or to schedule the procedure, visit us at Laser Skin Care. You can also sign up for a free online consultation with our experts by taking a minute to fill in the form given below.