When an individual has an injury, the body responds to repair the damaged tissues. As a result, scar tissue is created. This article discusses when should you go for acne scars treatment, what are the signs for acne scar removal, and other related aspects. This article discusses facts, types, and treatment options for scars so you can get help in making a wise decision.
Continue reading to know more interesting facts!
Facts about Scars
Various facts are linked to the formation of scars. Have a look at the following important facts:
- You may get scars after a particular disease or physical trauma.
- Some individuals are having a genetic predisposition to produce keloids (enlarging scars), itchy, and thicker scars.
- They may happen as a result of the significant repair of the skin after damage.
- The scarring can be unsightly in some areas of the body where increased movement is required.
- When surgery is performed and it leads to wounds. As a result, you may get some scars. The scarring can be severe or minimal.
- Changes are made to the physical appearance and anatomy of the skin.
- Poor wound healing may also result in the form of a scar.
Types of Scars
You can get scars in different sizes and shapes. Knowing the type of scar is essential as it will help in devising a better treatment plan. The following are some common types of scars:
- Contracture scars – if a scar is made as a result of a severe burn, then this is known as a contracture scar. Usually, these kinds of scars have the capability to tighten your skin. Also, they are deep and not allow you to move that body part properly.
- Hypertrophic scars – you may have a hypertrophic scar if your scar looks like a keloid scar but it doesn’t go beyond the affected body part. Usually, it becomes red. Though they are easy to treat as compared to keloid scar.
- Keloid scars – your scar is most likely a keloid scar if it occurs as a result of an injury. It may look dark red or pink. Also, it remains firm in the area because of the additional production of collagen. Though it may extend to the area where you get an injury.
Signs You Need To Get Scar Removal Treatment
Here, we are going to discuss some signs which require you to get scar removal. Following is a list of the things that lead you towards the treatment. You should visit a professional doctor if:
- Scars are affecting your confidence badly
- You feel pain in the scars
- You have a special event and you don’t want others to notice your scars
- The story of your scar hurts your feelings
- They may lead you to harm yourself again
- It irritates you
- You work in the beauty industry and you can be more successful in your job by getting rid of your scar
The following are the treatment options that can assist you in treating your scar without any side effects.
Some people are fond of home remedies, and they rely on them because they don’t want to undergo any surgical or latest treatment option. No doubt, home remedies work but in some cases, they cannot come with noticeable results. Also, you have to follow a specific remedy for days to see any observable result.
Some effective home remedies for acne scar removal are under as:
- Aloe Vera helps in moisturizing your skin and so fades scars.
- Lemon contains antioxidant properties. It works as a natural bleaching agent. Take some lemon juice and apply it to your skin. Leave it for about 15 minutes and dap with cool water.
- Turmeric powder contains antioxidant properties that work wonders for the skin.
- Baking soda is also helpful in removing scars. Take 1 part of baking soda and 2 parts of water. Apply this paste to the affected area and scrub. Leave it for about 1 minute, and then rinse with cool water.
Various surgical procedures are available to help you with scar removal. All it depends on the reason for your scar. You have to contact an expert surgeon to know if the surgical procedure would be the best option for you or not. You have to select your surgeon carefully. The results of the procedure depend on the choice of method as well as the skills of your surgeon. The surgeon may use a skin graft from one area to the targeted area of the body.
If you don’t want to undergo a surgical procedure, then you may get any of the non-surgical options for scar removal. These procedures include topical medicines, laser treatment, fillers, and other related options. Any of these non-surgical procedures can be beneficial for you. An expert doctor can help you in making your selection.
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, this article has answered your question about how to remove acne scars. Whatever the procedure you would like to get, you have to consult your doctor to get an idea about it. During the initial consultation, our expert doctor will know your complaints, know your goals, examine your skin, and then suggest a better treatment plan for you. Here, at our clinic, all of our doctors are highly qualified and expert. You can contact us anytime as our team of experts is always ready to serve you with their professional services. What else you want? Feel free to book an appointment now!