Having spot-free skin is a daydream for people with acne-prone skin. Acne is a skin condition caused by the blockage of skin pores due to excessive sebum production. Teenagers are usually more prone to this condition. However, adults are no exception, and the skin condition can attack them too.
The acne pore swells, and a breakdown occurs in the wall of the pore, causing an Acne scar. The good news is that various remedies can help you get rid of Acne and Acne Scars. These remedies are tested and proven to eliminate acne scars.
What are Acne Scars?
Acne scars are the result of breakout in Acne blemishes ( a small mark). The size of acne scars depends on the size of the blemish. Some Acne blemishes are small, and their breakout causes scars that heal on their own. On the contrary, large acne blemishes can cause scars that need treatments to get rid of.
Initially, Home remedies for acne scars can be tried to get rid of the skin condition. Most often, these remedies work best. However, if they do not perform well, clinical treatments can be carried out to get rid of the scars.
Home Remedies for Acne Scars
The homes remedies that can be used to treat acne and acne scars include:
Orange peel Powder
- The citric acid present in orange peels can brighten the skin and cure pimples.
- Mix orange peel powder with raw honey and apply it to the affected area.
- Let the mixture remain on the skin until it dries.
- Wash it with lukewarm water to achieve the desired results.
- Coconut has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Coconut oil contains vitamin E to keep the skin healthy.
- Take a tablespoon of coconut oil, rub it in your palm and apply the oil to the affected area.
- Leave it overnight and wash your face to see the desired results.
Besan (Gram Flour)
- Besan has alkalizing properties, which can be used as a face scrub to remove pimples and marks.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Gram flour with rose water and Lemon Juice to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected area.
- Let the paste dry and wash it with plain water.
Tea Tree Oil
- Tea tree oil has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in getting rid of acne and its scars.
- Mix tea tree oil with a carrier oil. Mix it to apply to the lesions and pimple marks.
- Let it stay on the skin for your desired results.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar helps exfoliate the skin. This helps in opening the clogged pores and reducing the redness of your pimples.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with honey
- You can use water to dilate the mixture.
- Apply the mixture to the face using a cotton pad.
- Let it dry on the skin and wash your face after 15-20 minutes.
- Alone vera has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can extract aloe vera gel from the leaf or buy an organic gel-based product.
- Apply a thick layer of Aloe Vera to the skin.
- Let it stay for overnight to achieve the desired results.
Apart from these remedies, these ingredients can be applied to the skin to achieve scar-free skin.
- Coconut Oil
- Vitamin E
- Raw Honey
- Extracts of Grapeseed
- Lemon Juice
Natural Products to get rid of Acne and Acne Scars
There are a number of natural products that can cure acne scars. Some of these products are:
Black Seed Oil
- Black seed Oil is an extracted solution from a plant that has anti-viral and antibacterial properties.
- The oil is anti-inflammatory, and it helps in reducing inflammation.
- Studies have shown that Black Seed Oil is effective in wound healing.
Rosehip Seed Oil
- Rosehip seed oil can also be applied to the skin for acne and acne scars.
- Pure Rosehip Seed Oil is proven to effectively treat these skin conditions.
- Honey is readily available, and it can be used for wound healing.
- Honey has anti-bacterial properties, and it can be used for cleansing.
- It also fights infections to prevent future acne.
When to consider medical Treatment
Usually, acne and Acne scars can be cured with these home remedies. however, if you notice a change in skin color or there are deep indentations in the skin, you must consult a dermatologist. Treating acne at the right time is important to achieve spot-free skin.
The treatment for Acne scars usually starts once the inflammatory phase is over. The active phase of pimples subsides at this stage, and the stubborn spots can be treated to improve skin appearance.
What are the Clinical Treatments for Acne & Acne Scars?
Various clinical treatments are available at Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai. These treatments can help you overcome acne and Acne scars to enjoy fresh and error-free skin.
This procedure involves the removal of the top layer of skin with the help of chemicals. Glycolic acid or trichloroacetic acid (TCA) may be used depending on the patient’s condition.
Botox injections are used to relax the puckered area around the scars. These injections also improve the appearance of the skin.
Dermabrasion: It is a treatment in which the top layer of the skin is removed with the help of a brush. The treatment is performed to get rid of severe acne.
Micro-needling punctures the top layer of skin to stimulate collagen production. Collagen production leads to improved skin appearance.
Laser resurfacing is performed with the help of a laser device. The procedure involves the removal of the top layer of skin. This exposes fresh, younger, and vibrant skin.
To learn more about acne and Acne scar treatment or to schedule a procedure, visit us at Laser Skin Care. You can also sign up for a free online consultation by taking a minute to fill in the form given below.