Excessive facial hair in women occurs due to hormonal imbalance. The increased androgen levels may compel thick hair to grow on women’s faces, which doesn’t appear tempting.
The unwanted facial hair may appear in these areas:
- Upper Lip
The good news is that multiple treatment options are available to help you Remove Facial hair and enhance your attractive looks. Shaving, waxing, threading, and Laser hair removal are some of the treatment options for flawless facial hair removal.
Treatment Options for Facial Hair Removal?
Each treatment comes with its own pros and cons. The blog will educate you on the pros and cons of different treatment options so that you may take informed decisions for yourself.
Shaving is the fastest way to remove body hair at the skin’s surface level. You may use a disposable razor or an electronic razor to remove unwanted facial hair.
Shaving razors may work on the following facial areas:
- Upper lips
Shaving is a time-consuming and costly procedure. The results of the treatment are not long-lasting, you may have to re-shave the facial area after two to three days. Ingrown hair and small bumps are the side effects of shaving.
To avoid cuts while shaving, you need to apply shaving cream and move the razor in the direction of hair growth.
Tweezing is a hair removal procedure in which the hair is pulled out of the hair follicles with the help of tweezers. Tweezers are help full for eyebrows and Upper lip hair removal.
- Tweezing may cause discomfort in the areas that have sensitive skin.
- While plucking your hair, make sure to use a clean tweezer to avoid infections.
- Isolate the hair before plucking them and pluck out a single hair
- Tweezing may also cause ingrown hairs.
Epilation is a process to remove unwanted facial hair. A device called an epilator is used to remove the hair, this device works similar to tweezers. The difference between both of them is that epilators pluck the hair by grabbing multiple hairs while tweezers remove single hair strings.
Epilators can be used for Facial and body hair removal. Different sizes of Epilators are available in the market, this allows epilation to be performed on large and small body areas.
Epilation can be performed in the following steps:
- Exfoliate the skin before epilation.
- Hold the epilator at a 90-degree angle and move it in the direction of hair growth.
- While gliding the epilator, do not press it too hard against your skin.
Hair removal through an epilator can be a painful process. Apply ice to reduce the effect of tenderness.
Waxing at home
Waxing is another hair removal procedure that can help you get rid of unwanted facial hair. Two different types of waxing kits are used:
- Wax strips that are warmed by rubbing them between your hands.
- Wax that is melted in a warmer.
While choosing the wax to remove facial hair, always choose soft wax. The hard wax is ideal to be used for large body parts.
Before waxing facial hair, do a patch test by applying the wax to a small body part. This helps you see if your skin develops an allergic reaction to the wax or not.
Waxing can be uncomfortable. The side effects of waxing may include ingrown hair and acne.
Depilatory creams are another effective way of removing facial hair. The results of these creams are long-lasting and they are cheaper than wax.
- These creams contain chemicals that break down the protein in the hair so they may dissolve and wash away.
- These chemicals are usually safe to be applied to the skin, however, in some cases, they may cause a reaction.
- While choosing the cream, buy the ones that are designed for facial hair removal.
Threading is an option for shaping eyebrows and removing unwanted hair from the upper lips, chin, and side of the face. A tread is used in this treatment option to pull the hair until it leaves the hair follicle.
The results of threading last longer than waxing and shaving. During the procedure, you may feel some sort of pain and discomfort.
Laser Hair Removal for Facial Hair
Laser hair removal is another useful procedure to remove unwanted facial hair. The procedure is performed by expert practitioners with the help of a laser device.
- The laser energy targets the dark hair while causing no harm to the adjacent skin.
- The laser energy is absorbed by skin melanin and converted into heat energy.
- This heat destroys the hair follicle thereby preventing future growth.
The results of the procedure are long-lasting with regular maintenance sessions.
Laser hair removal is a painless procedure as compared to tweezing, plucking, waxing, and shaving. The results of the treatment are long-lasting too.
At laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai, the procedure is always performed by an expert dermatologist who has years of experience in treating female facial hair.
What are the benefits of laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal works for facial and body hair. The procedure delivers instant results that are durable. Some of the benefits of Laser hair removal include:
- Facial laser hair removal is the fastest way to get rid of unwanted facial hair. The procedure can be completed in 60 minutes and gives you instant results.
- It is a pain-free procedure as compared to other hair removal methods such as waxing and plucking.
- It can precisely target the desired body part without causing any harm to the adjacent skin.
- Laser hair removal prevents ingrown hairs. So, if you are prone to ingrown hair, this might be the right treatment for you.
- Laser hair removal is a long-term solution that allows you to reduce hair growth for a long duration.
- Laser Hair Removal for Men is also present for men who want a great beard line.
Cost of the Laser Treatment
The Laser Hair Removal cost depends on different variable factors. It depends on the areas of the body treated, fees of the doctor, nature of the technology used. However, it is a one-time investment that will keep you hair free for the rest of your life.
If you want to learn more about Laser Hair Removal Dubai or want to get an expert opinion in regards to your skin worries, fill out the free consultation form below. Our experts are waiting to transform your beauty game.