Microdermabrasion comprises one of the most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedures used for effective and dramatic facial skin rejuvenation. It is a relatively easy, simple, and pain-free technique that is being advanced as an effective alternative to a surgical facelift. It works by gently peeling off the damaged top layer of skin to reveal clear, smooth skin underneath.
How is the procedure performed?
Microdermabrasion procedure is performed using a minimally abrasive instrument consisting of two different appliances: a sandblaster-like tool and a vacuum suction. The sandblaster uses fine abrasives (crystals) to buff away the damaged top layer of the skin whereas the vacuum suction sucks the dead skin cells leaving behind fresh, smooth skin. Besides removing damaged skin, the instrument also polishes the affected areas, hence stimulating the growth of new skin free of fine lines, wrinkles, freckles, acne blemishes, age spots and other such imperfections. It is mostly used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
Conditions that can be treated with Microdermabrasion:
Microdermabrasion can be used to:
- Improve the appearance of age spots
- Shrink enlarged pores and reduce blackheads
- Treat skin discoloration problems (patches of darkened skin)
- Exfoliate dull and dead skin, resulting in a radiant, glowing skin
- Improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
- Treat acne and acne scars
- Smoothen uneven skin texture
Benefits of Microdermabrasion:
One reason behind the increasing popularity of Microdermabrasion is its ability to reveal fresh skin without causing any serious side effects. Furthermore, it does not involve any downtime either. It is literally a lunchtime procedure. You simply make an appointment, come to the clinic during your lunch hours, get the procedure done and go back to work immediately after that. Some other benefits of Microdermabrasion have been listed below:
- No needles or anesthesia are involved
- Minimal recovery time
- No serious side effects
- A highly personalized procedure that can be adjusted for each patient depending on the sensitivity of the skin and the severity of the problem
- Makeup can be safely applied just a few hours after the procedure. However, make sure you discuss with your doctor before applying any cosmetics
Laser Skin Care also offers Skin Rejuvenation through Microdermabrasion. Make an online consultation and discuss your concerns with one of our highly skilled, internationally recognized dermatologists.