Microdermabrasion is the latest skin resurfacing technique that removes the top damaged layers of skin to reveal fresh, smooth, glowing skin underneath. A specialized tool is used by the dermatologist or technician to gently buff away damaged skin cells in a bid to help treat numerous skin conditions ranging from fine lines and wrinkles to enlarged pores to skin pigmentation.
Many patients get intimidated when they are told that their skin will be blasted with tiny granules that will peel away the top skin layer. To make it simple for you, here is how the Microdermabrasion machine actually works:
Using a handheld device, your dermatologist will shoot a stream of aluminum oxide crystals on your face. The crystals blasted on the skin will gently buff away the dead skin cells which will be collected by the suction machine attached with the device. Some machines perform both the functions – shooting the crystals and collecting the residue – with one circuit, while others use two different circuits. Suction process in the former is called Venturi suction. The vacuum machine attached to the Microdermabrasion device has four main functions:
- It pulls a small section of skin from the treatment area to work on
- It shoots a stream of tiny crystals (wither of aluminum oxide, sodium chloride, or sodium bicarbonate) to exfoliate the areas under treatment
- It sucks the skin through the pores bringing the impurities to the surface of the skin
- It collects the dead skin cells for disposal and the crystals to reuse them
There is also the latest Microdermabrasion technique that uses a single diamond tip wand to exfoliate the skin. This technique does not use a stream of crystals; instead, the wand is moved over the target area, applying a steady pressure that just removes the stratum corneum, while leaving the inner layers intact.
If you have multiple skin issues but cannot afford to undergo multiple procedures, Microdermabrasion may be worth considering. Microdermabrasion can help treat a wide range of cosmetic and non-cosmetic skin conditions including:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sunspots/ liver spots/ age spots
- Enlarged skin pores
- Blackheads and whiteheads
- Dull, damaged skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Stretch marks
- Skin pigmentation caused by sun damage
- Hyper-pigmentation caused by hormonal problems
- Skin Laxity due to aging or any other external factor
- Acne scars, burn scars surgical scars and numerous others
Laser Skin Care is one of the leading skincare facilities in UAE offering Microdermabrasion. If you are interested in undergoing Microdermabrasion or have any queries regarding this procedure, contact us today and let our experts help you. We also offer free online consultations. To make a free consultation, click here.