Acne (حب الشباب) is a common skin problem. You can easily trace its victims all over the globe. It appears due to hormonal imbalances. For instance, increased androgen production, on the onset of puberty, causes acne. How soon you should rush to a doctor to treat acne, depends on the type of acne. Some acne does not need any medicine. Rather it takes its time and disappears on its own. But sometimes acne takes a severe form and you have to consult a doctor as soon as possible. That is why it is generally suggested that you should see a doctor as soon as acne appears. After all you never know when it will become worse.
What forms Scars
Acne scars are almost as common as acne is. They are formed when acne is not treated properly. In order to avoid scars you must make a timely and accurate decision for acne treatment. Good acne treatment does not only remove acne but they also make skin smooth.
Acne Scar Treatment
Acne treatment and acne scar treatment are two entirely different subjects. What may work for drying out acne may not work to fade away scars. Facial scars are specifically bad because they let all your efforts go down the drain. Here are some remedies for light acne scars.
- Cortisones Reduce Inflammation: Applying cortisone cream reduces redness and swelling and makes scars less prominent.
- Kojic Acid and Arbutin fade the scars away: Creams having kojic acid and arbutin work to fade away scars. It changes the color of skin pigment being blemished thus making scar less visible.
- Retinoids Remove Scars: Medicines containing retinoids and vitamin C are effective for acne scars treatment. They are also used in acne treatment.
Note: Hydroquinone is no more used for acne scar treatment. Although it fades away scars but it is suspected to have cancer causing properties.
Professional Acne Scars Treatments:
- Dermabrasion: it is an invasive procedure that uses a wire brush, sterilized sandpaper, salt crystals or any other mechanical means to remove top to mid layers of skin. A dermatologist or a plastic surgeon performs dermabrasion in a professional setting. It uses local anesthesia and the patient needs up to a month for complete recovery. People who have deep acne scars and deep skin imperfections are often treated with dermabrasion.
- Microdermabrasion: But considering its highly invasive nature, dermatologists as well as patients have started avoiding it. Rather, more and more people are opting for a relatively finer and minimally invasive skin exfoliation technique – Microdermabrasion. It uses tiny crystals to abrade the top damaged layers of skin and reveal fresh, scar free skin underneath. It also treats scars formed from sun damage, birthmarks, tattoos, age marks, uneven skin tone and wrinkles.
- Dermal Fillers: Sometimes dermal fillers or tissue fillers are used for acne scar treatment. Fillers are mostly used for treating depressed acne scars. These are injections of collagen or fat or any other synthetic material to fill out the scars. They make the skin smooth but produce temporary results. Repeated injections are needed to fill out the scars.
- Laser Treatments for acne scars: Laser treatment is considered as the most effective acne scar treatment in Dubai. A laser beam is made incident at the acne scars. It destroys the outer layer of skin and the hard scar tissues as well. The treated area becomes slightly red. As the healing process progresses a new layer of skin is formed. Success of the treatment depends mainly on the experience and expertise of the doctor you select for the procedure and pre- and post-operative care.
To know more about how to get rid of pimples and best acne scar treatment in Dubai , at an affordable rate, call us now or pay us a visit. We also offer free online consultation to answer your queries instantly and absolutely free.