Although harmless, spider veins can easily cause someone to become very self-conscious if there are no remedies in sight. I don’t know about men, but most women would consider them unsightly to an extent of covering themselves up completely.
Then suddenly a time comes when you decide that enough is enough and it is high time you got those stringy blemishes out of your system. The decision to get rid of them might be because the spider veins are painful, causing you discomfort or you are just plainly embarrassed by them.
Spider veins, which are thin blue, purple and red vessels that run around close to the surface of the skin, are as a result ofweak veins and poor circulation. Several factors that lead to the appearance of spider veins include:
- Prolonged sitting or standing
- History of blood clots
- Birth control pills
- Hormonal effects
Either way, there are a number of minimal and none invasive ways to say good bye to spider veins including:
Laser: During a laser in Dubai procedure to get rid of spider veins, a very strong burst of light is beamed directly at the annoying vein. This light destroys the vein completely. Since spider veins come in groups, a person using this procedure will need to have several sessions to get rid of the veins completely. At Laser Skin Care Clinic, the procedure is available at a very fair price.
Sclerotherapy:During this procedure, a solution is inserted into the spider vein. As a result, the solution irritates the vein and after a while it destroys it then fades from view. Just like laser, this treatment will also need to be done a number of times for each spider vein.
Minimally invasive endovenous treatment: During this minimally invasive procedure, your doctor/specialist puts a small catheter into the vein. This sends out radiofrequency energy that contracts and caps the vein wall. Afterwards, the shrinking spider veins are covered by the healthy veins around them which also take up their place of supplying blood to the rest of the body.
There are also some other ways of getting rid of spider veins naturally. These include:
- Sitting or relaxing with the legs raised or exercising to get better circulation of blood through your system.
- Get a good massage. Not just any massage but from a professional masseur to get your blood circulating up as well.
- Losing weight will also ease up on the discomfort that comes with spider veins. This is because obesity is also a cause of spider veins.
- Compression stockings are another remedy for spider veins. These stockings basically tighten up the skin and help push up the blood flow towards the heart.
- Since birth control pills also cause spider veins, it would be a good idea to discuss the subject with your doctor so that he/she can recommend something different.
- If your spider veins are swollen and cause discomfort, applying ice on them will reduce the discomfort and swelling.
For more on how to get rid of spider veins, please contact us through the online consultation form for a consultation.