Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that involves injecting vitamin-rich chemical cocktails into the patient’s body to treat a number of cosmetic and non-cosmetic conditions including hair-thinning and mild to moderate hair loss in men and women.
How mesotherapy for hair loss works?
A chemical solution consisting of pharmaceutical and homeopathic medications, plant extracts, vitamins, minerals, hormones and enzymes is administered in the layer of the skin between epidermis and the dermis, called mesoderm. For best results, dermatologists mix platelets rich plasma from the patient’s own body with the growth factors and inject it into the skin to trigger hair growth by activating the dormant hair follicles.
Besides stimulating hair growth, mesotherapy also neutralizes excess of Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), stimulates blood circulation, reduces inflammation in scalp and increases follicle size to make hair healthy and strong.
How long will the procedure take to complete?
It is a simple and easy procedure that takes between 10 to 30 minutes to complete, depending on the size of the area that needs treating. Once your provider will be done with injecting the growth factors, he or she will gently massage your scalp to ensure proper distribution of the cocktail that has been just injected. After that you will be free to resume your routine activities. However, do not wash your head the same day.
Benefits of Mesotherapy for hair loss:
- Since mesotherapy does not involve any cuts or incisions, it does not involve risk of scarring
- No cuts, no incisions, no scarring – means no down time or recovery time
- The procedure gives lasting results and top up treatments help maintain the results
- It is a non-invasive or minimally invasive procedure that does not cause any pain or discomfort except for the needle pricks. Even this stinging effect of needles can be considerably minimized by applying numbing cream on the treatment area at least half an hour prior to the procedure
What other conditions can be treated with mesotherapy:
Besides hair loss, mesotherapy can be used for:
- Facial and neck Rejuvenation
- Cellulite Treatment
- Stretch Mark Removal
- Acne Scars Removal
- Body Contouring
If you are seeking a non-invasive but effective hair loss treatment, mesotherapy may be worth considering. Visit your nearest skin care clinic today check with them if they offer growth factor therapy for thinning hair or not. Mesotherapy for hair loss is also used with great success in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). For all those living in Dubai, Laser Skin Care offers mesotherapy for hair loss as well as for body rejuvenation and cellulite treatment, and that too at quite an affordable price. For further details fill the free online consultation form now and our experts will get back to you at the earliest.