Acne seems double punishment with pimples and the scars that are left behind for an undecided period of time. Certainly, it needs your double attention; first for pimples and then for scars that sometimes take years just to fade away, let alone vanish completely. However, choosing the right acne treatment at the right time can save you from the horrible acne scars.
There are numerous treatments options available to help you get rid of acne quickly and effectively, without leaving behind those nightmarish acne scars. But the two most commonly used acne treatments include Laser Therapy and Chemical Peels.
- Laser is a simple and safe procedure. It does nothing except selectively targeting the acne and transferring heat energy to skin tissues. This energy helps unclog the pores and also burns the scarred layer of skin, if any, so you could get rid of both the acne and the acne scars. As the skin heals, new layer is formed which does not contain any scar. A laser which works this way is called as an ablative laser.
- Some people prefer non-ablative lasers. These lasers do not abrade skin, rather they penetrate into deep skin layers and stimulate collagen production. This collagen fills up the scars and makes skin smooth.
- The selection of right laser and right laser parameters are two factors that greatly determine the success of a laser treatment. Also, they ensure minimum possibility of side effects, also.
- It is noteworthy that you must have your laser treatment from a professional and experienced dermatologist. In some clinics assistants are given a chance to perform laser. You must avoid such conditions. Because having your treatment from an untrained person can do more damage than good.
Who is a candidate?
Generally speaking, all the individuals are suitable candidates for laser acne treatment. However, people who have Caucasian skin type make better candidates for a laser treatment than do people with Asian or Hispanic skin type make.
Are there any side effects of laser treatment?
Like all other cosmetic procedures, laser treatment is not without side effects. Some temporary side effects of the procedure are swelling, redness of skin and crusting. Rare complications that can result from a laser treatment include hypo-or hyper pigmentation, burning of skin and eczema.
Chemical peels for acne scars:
Acne, if not treated in time can cause unsightly acne scars, which may be even hard to treat. If you are done with acne bout and are now struggling with the unsightly acne scars, a chemical peel may be worth considering. Chemical peels are used as an effective acne scar treatment for mild to moderate superficial acne scars. As the name suggests the procedure uses a chemical to peel off the top layer of skin which contains scars and blemishes. Some significant points regarding a chemical peel are:
- Chemical peel abrades upper layer of skin and not only it treats acne and acne scars but also wrinkles, sun burns and other marks that upper layer of skin may contain.
- As the healing process continues new scar free layer of skin is formed.
- There are different types of solutions that are used for peeling purpose. Choice of a chemical depends upon the severity of acne scars you have.
- Deeper peels are subjected to more serious issues than do peels which work in superficial layers.
Are there any side effects?
When done right by an experienced professional, chemical peeling is an extremely safe and effective treatment for active acne and acne scars. Side effects of chemical peels include skin burn, hyper pigmentation, and textual changes of skin.
Acne is certainly an issue but not in this age of advance cosmetic procedures. Do not be late if you think that you have developed ugly acne or unsightly acne scars. Get your acne and acne scars treated now and enjoy a clear, smooth skin.
To know more about your Acne treatment options, contact us now by filling the free consultation form below. Laser Skin Care is one of the leading skincare facilities in the United Arab Emirates.