Skin issues and aging can affect a person’s physical appearance. Undoubtedly, most skin problems, like fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin, are age-related. While some skin issues are caused by life events, such as pregnancy, which may cause stretch marks.
Acne breakouts cause acne scars, and sun exposure causes melasma, freckles, and blemishes. Early aging is also a common cause of concern these days.
Fortunately, Fractional CO2 Treatment at Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai is a solution for all these skin problems. Our Dermatologists have years of experience treating these skin conditions, and modern equipment in the clinic allows them to perform various skin conditions efficiently.
What is Fractional CO2 Treatment?
Fractional CO2 is a type of laser treatment that can reduce the appearance of acne scars, deep wrinkles, and other skin irregularities. Fractional CO2 is a non-invasive laser treatment in which a specialized laser made of carbon dioxide is used to remove the outer layer of skin.
The best thing about these lasers is that the results can be seen within a short time. It is an ideal skin rejuvenation treatment, equally beneficial for teens, grownups, adults, and aged people.
Aim of treatment
All skin rejuvenation treatments aim at beautifying the patient, and Fractional CO2 Laser treatment in Dubai is no different.
The treatment aims at:
- reversing aging signs and symptoms
- removing facial wrinkles
- tightening skin by stimulating collagen production
- enhancing complexion and skin tone
- treating and eliminating acne scars
- improving the appearance of surgical scars
Benefits of Fractional CO2 Treatment
The Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment is highly effective and gives fantastic results. Some of the results can be seen right away after the treatment. However, the final results from a session take time as collagen and elastin levels continue to go up.
Some benefits of the treatment are mentioned below:
- The laser is gentle and does not involve a significant degree of pain or discomfort. Any pain or discomfort during the procedure can be addressed through local anesthesia.
- The treatment is non-ablative in nature.
- It has minimal downtime.
- Fractional CO2 lasers offer a non-surgical alternative to Facelift Surgery.
- They do not have any severe side effects.
Who is an ideal candidate?
Fractional CO2 Laser in Dubai can treat most skin conditions.
You are a candidate for Fractional CO2 laser treatment if you have:
- Sagging skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Facial creases and etched expression lines (frown lines, crow’s feet, laugh lines)
- Pigmentation problems
- Freckles and blemishes
- Textural skin irregularities – large pores, rough skin, blackheads, etc.
- Acne scars or surgery scars
- Dull skin
- Stretch marks
Machine We Use
The DEKA SmartXide Fractional CO2 Laser is used for Fractional CO2 Treatments.
- The machine works through pulsed emissions and utilizes two innovative technologies, Smartpulse and Smartstack.
- Both technologies enhance the reliability of the machine and allow the practitioner to control the depth of vaporization.
- Through DEKA SmartXide, the damage to the surrounding skin is minimal.
- The machine can treat scarring, surface pigmentation, and deep wrinkles, along with various other skin conditions.
- There is minimal downtime for the treatments through this machine.
Before and After Results
The before and after pictures of the treatment will help you make a better assessment of what the Fractional CO2 procedure can do.
Follow these instructions as you prepare for Fractional CO2 Treatment in Dubai:
- Do not use Retin-A ointment at least one week before the Fractional CO2 Resurfacing.
- Stop using blood-thinning medications, such as Aspirin and Ibuprofen, and supplements like fish oil & Vitamin E.
- Wear a zipper or a button-down shirt on the day of treatment. Avoid any piece of clothing that passes over your head for wearing or removal.
- Come to the clinic with a clean, wiped face, no makeup or lotion on, not even sunscreen.
- Arrive 1.5 hours before the scheduled appointment. The numbing cream will be applied to the face at least 30-45 minutes before the procedure.
The procedure of Fractional CO2 Treatment
- The step-by-step procedure for Fractional CO2 Laser in Dubai is as follows:
- The doctor will begin by cleansing the treatment area.
- He/she will apply a numbing cream to the treatment area and leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes. Superficial skin resurfacing may not require numbing at all.
- Then, a handheld device is used to project fractional CO2 lasers to the treatment area.
- The pulsating CO2 laser is fractionated into thousands of beams with microscopic space between them.
- The clinician keeps on flashing laser beams until the entire treatment area has been covered.
- The time taken varies from person to person depending upon the size of the treatment area. For example, treating an entire face takes anywhere between 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cold compresses may be applied to relieve post-procedural discomfort if any, but it is rare.
- Lastly, the doctor will apply a topical antibiotic to the treatment area concluding the treatment.
Some standard post-procedural instructions for Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment in Dubai are as follows:
- Strictly avoid sun exposure, both direct and indirect, for at least 2-3 weeks.
- During the daytime, apply a broad-spectrum sunblock with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 40, regardless of going out.
- Fresh skin that replaces the older one is highly sensitive. So, keep it safe from the harshness of the weather.
- Apply prescribed topical medications regularly.
- Use cold compresses to minimize any discomfort, such as redness, itchiness, or burning sensations.
- Be gentle to your skin, and avoid rubbing or scrubbing it harshly.
- Do not pick at the scabs. Let it come off automatically while you wash your face.
Cost of Fractional CO2 Treatment
The starting price of fractional CO2 treatment in Dubai is 750 AED. The price may vary depending on the following factors.
- Skin type and tone
- Number of sessions required
- Desired result from the procedure
- The expertise of the practitioner
- Facilities at the clinic.
Fractional CO2 Treatments FAQs
Is it a one-time procedure?
In order to drive maximum benefit from Fractional CO2 treatment in Dubai, it needs to be repeated a few times. The total number of sessions needed depends on the condition being treated, as well as the extent of the problem. Generally, five to six sessions are enough, and each session is performed after a gap of four to six weeks. However, this number varies for each individual and can go up and down.
What is the downtime?
For most people, there is no downtime after Fractional CO2 Laser in Dubai. However, doctors recommend rest after the procedure to let the skin adjust. If someone is getting treated for the first time, they should especially take a couple of days off work. It will allow the skin to recover, and patients can better understand what to expect after future treatments.
How Fractional CO2 lasers work?
The fractionated beams penetrate deeper layers of skin, causing microscopic wounds at a controlled rate, leaving the epidermis intact. The columns of space between fractionated beams remain undamaged. These undamaged columns initiate the healing process after the treatment. During the healing process, the damaged skin layers are replaced by fresh skin. Moreover, heat from lasers also causes collagen and elastin to shrink. It also promotes the production of new collagen, which helps keep skin smooth and supple.
What does a Fractional CO2 laser do?
The Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment is a non-surgical treatment that provides a lot of benefits. It treats a number of skin problems, such as acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, warts, stretch marks, etc. This treatment removes the outer skin layer without damaging the inner layers. Moreover, it stimulates collagen production, which helps rejuvenate the skin and make it look flawless.
Will CO2 laser tighten skin?
Skin tightening is one of the many things that a Fractional CO2 laser does. The CO2 laser works by stimulating collagen production within the skin. As a result of stimulated collagen, the skin becomes tighter and firmer.
Is fractional CO2 laser effective?
Yes, fractional CO2 laser treatment is effective; it can treat various skin conditions and give you a youthful look. The outer layer of skin is removed to expose the inner layer, which is fresh and glowing. The procedure is considered safe and effective because of its results.
How many sessions of fractional CO2 laser are there?
The number of sessions of fractional CO2 depends on skin condition; for light wrinkles, 1-2 sessions are required; for deep wrinkles, you may need 3-4 sessions. Skin stains can be removed in 1-3 sessions, while deep acne scars may need more sessions. To sustain the results, the sessions are repeated every 1-1.5 months.
What is the recovery time for a CO2 laser?
The recovery of your skin after the CO2 laser will occur in 1-2 weeks. During this time, your skin will be sensitive, so avoid using lotions that contain chemicals and too much sun exposure. During this time period, you can follow your normal routine with some extra care.
Does skin peel after CO2 laser?
There is minimal downtime in fractional CO2 treatment. The skin will scab and peel 2-7 days after the treatment and may also remain pink during the first couple of weeks. Healing time varies from person to person.
What are the side effects of Fractional CO2?
Fractional CO2 or laser surfacing may cause redness, itching, swelling, Change in skin color, and scarring. The side effects are mild and do not last long.
What is Sellas fractional CO2?
Sellas EVO is a machine used to perform fractional CO2. The machine can treat various skin conditions such as Acne scars, skin complexion, and uneven skin color. The Sellas gives unbeatable results, which has made it a popular device among laser skin care practitioners.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are looking for more information on Fractional Co2 Treatment in Dubai or looking to schedule a procedure, visit us at Laser Skin Care. You can also benefit from online consultation with our experts. Just take a moment to fill in the form given below for this purpose.