Laser Tattoo Removal is a cosmetic treatment that involves using an intense laser beam to remove a body tattoo. Laser treatment for tattoo removal has proven to be more effective and safer than other harsher tattoo removal procedures that lead to severe pain and extensive downtimes.
Temporary tattoos are easier to remove, you need to rub alcohol and nail polish to remove a temporary tattoo, however, laser treatments are required for the removal of permanent tattoos.
When directed to the tattooed part of the skin, the laser beam gets absorbed into the pigmented areas. After absorption, this light beam transforms into heat, causing tattoo ink to shatter into microscopic particles. These particles later leave the body through lymphatic pathways.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Laser Tattoo Removal?
People get tattoo’s on their bodies to enhance their looks, but not everyone is happy with their outlook. People often change their decision to have a tattoo on their bodies, perhaps due to age factors or maturity. Whatever your reason is, Laser tattoo eraser treatment at Laser Skin Care Clinic helps you remove Tattoos from your body.
However, you must fulfill a few candidacy criteria to ensure the best outcome. You are generally a good candidate for laser tattoo removal if you
- Do not smoke, as it can hamper tissue recovery after the treatment.
- Are overall healthy.
- Are ready to undergo multiple treatment sessions scheduled over several months.
Laser Tattoo removal should be avoided if you have the following conditions
- Acne Scarring.
- Skin diseases.
- Sensitivity Issues.
Before and After Results
The results of laser tattoo removal depend on the type of ink used and your body’s response to the treatment. Multiple sessions are needed to effectively remove tattoos, and an interval of six to eight weeks is necessary for the skin to recover from each treatment.
The number of sessions required for complete tattoo removal depends on the type of ink used, your skin type, and the practitioner’s expertise. Some people might need four sessions of laser Tattoo removal, while others may need 12-15 sessions.
Benefits of Laser Tattoo Removal
Laser tattoo removal is a better way to remove tattoos from your body. The procedure comes with many benefits, including:
- It is a safe and highly effective technique.
- It causes minimal skin damage and fewer side effects compared to surgical Tattoo Removal.
- The treatment doesn’t have the risk of infections.
- Since laser tattoo removal doesn’t involve tattoo excision or abrasions, it can help treat tattoos without causing any damage.
- It can help treat tattoos of any size.
- Facial Tattoos can also be removed through the treatment. Face tattoo removal is a safe procedure that only targets pigmented skin.
- The intense light beam used in this treatment can help break down even deep-settled tattoo ink.
- Laser eyebrow tattoo removal helps the practitioner remove any wanted ink on your eyebrows and adjacent areas.
- The recovery period after the treatment is short.
- The tattoos can be completely diminished through the procedure.
- The procedure performs better than natural tattoo removal methods.
Equipment We Use for Laser Tattoo Removal
At Laser Skin Care Clinic, we use state-of-the-art, advanced laser technology for tattoo removal. Here is a brief overview of the machines we use:
- PICO Genesis Enlighten iii Laser: The PICO Genesis Enlighten iii laser generates picosecond laser pulses that penetrate the skin and transform it into heat energy. This heat breaks down tattoo ink pigments into tiny particles that later leave the body through lymphatic pathways. In addition to traditional 1064 nm and 532 nm wavelengths, PICO Genesis also uses 670 nm – the first true-red wavelength in picosecond laser technology.
- Q-Switched ND: YAG Laser: This laser technology also generates short pulses of high-intensity laser beams that penetrate down the dermis and shatter tattoo ink into tiny fragments. The body’s immune system does the rest of the ink elimination job. Q-Switched ND: YAG laser works on 1064 nm and 532 nm wavelengths for tattoo removal.
What to Expect During Laser Tattoo Removal?
Laser tattoo removal is a quick procedure that is quite comfortable if performed by a skilled practitioner. Here is a quick rundown of the steps involved in a typical laser tattoo removal session
- First, The doctor will give you a pair of eye shields.
- Then, they will test your skin to determine the most suitable laser energy and required intensity of the laser beam.
- Before starting the treatment, they will apply a numbing solution to your skin to make it oblivious to pain.
- Once the treatment area is numb, the laser technician will direct short pulses of high-intensity light beam onto the treatment area. This light will get absorbed into the pigmented skin area only.
- Upon the procedure’s completion, the dermatologist will use an ointment and bandage to protect the treated area.
Generally, a smaller tattoo requires fewer laser pulses per session than a larger one. Moreover, since one laser session only reduces the appearance of the tattoo’s ink, you will need to get repeated sessions to get rid of the tattoo. And every subsequent laser session brings noticeable reductions in the tattoo’s appearance.
Tattoo Removal Aftercare Instructions
Aftercare instructions mainly constitute a set of guidelines that help you get the best outcome of laser tattoo removal treatment. The great news is undergoing this treatment won’t require you to abide by a long list of post-treatment care instructions.
- It is generally advisable to apply ointment to the treated area for a few days after the laser session to mitigate the risk of infection. This will also help reduce the chances of scarring.
- After the treatment, you must not go out in the sun unprotected for a few days. Using sunscreen to protect the treated area from harmful UV rays is best.
- Generally, a downtime of a maximum of five days is required after laser tattoo removal. This downtime is significantly less than that of other aggressive tattoo removal treatments.
Side effects of Laser Tattoo Removal
The side effects of Permanent Tattoo Removal are minimal as compared to other cosmetic procedures. The chances of side effects further decrease with practitioners’ expertise.
Some of the possible side effects of laser tattoo removal include
- Change of skin texture.
Laser Tattoo Removal Cost in Dubai
The average starting cost of Laser Tattoo Removal at our clinic in Dubai is AED 500. The following factors also determine laser tattoo removal price
- Tattoo size.
- Tattoo color.
- How well the tattoo has been crafted.
- The expertise of the physician.
Laser Tattoo Removal FAQs
Can a tattoo be removed in one session?
The short answer is no. You will have to undergo multiple laser treatment sessions to make a tattoo invisible. The exact number of treatment sessions required is based on the tattooed area, tattoo age, type and color of the ink used, and depth of the tattoo pigment. On average, it takes anywhere between 6 and 10 laser sessions to remove a body tattoo.
Is laser tattoo removal painful?
Contrary to popular belief, laser tattoo removal is not entirely without pain. Removing a tattoo with lasers may hurt but not as much as getting a tattoo does. Most people undergoing this treatment describe its pain as a sensation similar to having a bad sunburn, which is tolerable. Generally, the dermatologist applies a numbing cream or topical anesthetic solution to make the treatment procedure pain-free.
What are the side effects of laser tattoo removal?
Laser tattoo removal is safer and causes fewer and milder side effects than the likes of dermabrasion, salarasion, and cryosurgery. Temporary pain and swelling after the laser procedure are commonplace and are not a cause of concern. However, severe side effects, such as infection, discoloration, and scarring, may occur if an inexperienced practitioner performs the treatment. Otherwise, these severe complications are significantly less likely to occur.
Does laser treatment completely remove a tattoo?
No, laser tattoo removal treatment does not usually remove a tattoo entirely. Instead, this treatment makes a tattoo almost unnoticeable by fading its pigment.
Where can I remove my Tattoo in Dubai?
Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai offers the most effective and cost-efficient Laser tattoo removal in Dubai. The state-of-the-art infrastructure allows the practitioners to perform the procedures efficiently. People who have had laser tattoo removal from Laser Skin Care Clinic were satisfied with the procedure's results.
Is laser Tattoo removal expensive in Dubai?
Laser tattoo removal isn’t very expensive. The actual cost of the procedure depends on the size of the tattoo, the ink used in the tattoo, and the age of the tattoo. At Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai, The starting cost of the procedure is 500 AED
Can I laser remove my own Tattoo?
Do not try to remove the tattoo on your own. If you aren't happy with your current outlook, it is advised that you should consult an expert dermatologist who will give you better advice on the possible options of the treatment.
Is Laser Tattoo removal harmful?
No, laser tattoo removal isn’t harmful, and it can be performed without any major risk. The Technologies used at Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai are capable of removing the tattoos on your body effectively.
Can tattoos of any color be removed?
They can be removed, but different wavelengths are used for every color. Every dye responds to different wavelengths. Therefore lasers of different wavelengths are required for laser tattoo removal. The machines that use two more wavelengths can remove tattoos of multiple colors.
What is the best tattoo removal near me?
If you are looking for laser tattoo removal in Dubai, Laser Skin Skin Care Clinic Dubai has the best equipment and practitioners to perform tattoo removal. We are at 611 Jumeirah St, Suite # 1A - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Schedule a Consultation
A body tattoo is no longer a design that you cannot get rid of, thanks to the advancement in laser technology. If you want to get your tattoo removed with the help of laser treatment, be sure to choose a reputable clinic. Laser Skin Care Clinic offers laser tattoo removal from the hands of highly experienced dermatologists who help you say goodbye to those regrettable sketches on your body without suffering significant side effects.