Skin is the most sensitive and delicate part of the body, perfect and glowing skin always adds to your beauty.
Pigmentation means color, and skin pigmentation means a change in skin color.
Several factors cause discoloration of the skin, and this discoloration is generally known as hyperpigmentation. While hyperpigmentation does not pose a severe threat to our health, it makes our appearance unattractive, especially facial pigmentation. Fortunately, we have many effective treatments available for eliminating skin pigmentation. These include microdermabrasion, chemical peels, skin resurfacing procedures, and laser treatments. However, before finalizing a treatment, it is essential to consult a dermatologist. Only an experienced dermatologist can recommend the best Pigmentation Treatment in Dubai.
Aim of the Treatment
Every cosmetic hyperpigmentation treatment Dubai aims at beautifying you with:
- dark spots elimination
- melasma treatment
- age spots and sun spots removal
- freckles and blemishes treatment
What are the causes of Skin pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation is caused by either an increase or decrease in melanin production. Melanin production may get disturbed for several reasons, including pregnancy and excessive sun exposure. Several other causes may include:
- Hormonal disorders
- Excessive exposure to the sun
- Medications, such as anti-depressants
- High concentration of Iron in blood.
- Other skin irritations may also lead to skin pigmentation.
- Exposure to Radiation
Who is the ideal candidate?
You are a candidate for Skin Pigmentation Removal Dubai if you have:
- Melasma – a condition characterized by dark brown patches on the face that commonly occurs during pregnancy.
- Freckles – a hyperpigmentation problem in which dark-colored spots are formed on the skin due to melanin clusters. Typically, excessive exposure to the UV rays of the sun causes freckles and blemishes.
- Albinism – a pigmentation issue in which white or pink-colored patches appear on the skin. Generally, this condition is hereditary, but albinism sometimes occurs due to a lack of melanin in the skin.
- Vitiligo – a hypo-pigmentation problem in which white spots appear on the skin. Generally, the loss of melanocytes – body cells responsible for producing melanin – causes it.
Diagnosis of Skin pigmentation
To diagnose skin pigmentation, you need to consult an expert dermatologist. The dermatologist will examine your skin to determine if you have skin pigmentation or another skin condition.
You may also look for signs of skin pigmentation at home. If you notice dark-brown spots of different sizes appearing on your body, it may be a sign that you have skin pigmentation.
Our dermatologists at Laser Skin Care Clinic examine the patient’s skin, and if they are diagnosed with skin pigmentation, the most appropriate treatment is suggested to get rid of the problem.
Laser Treatment for Pigmentation
Laser treatment is the most effective and safe procedure for eliminating pigmentation. Generally, a specialist uses a laser machine for this treatment.
During this treatment, pigmentation is treated by targeting the damaged part of the skin without affecting the adjacent skin. The laser removes the pigment and promotes collagen production to improve skin tone.
The number of sessions required to get rid of skin pigmentation depends on your condition and the results you desire to achieve from the procedure. For some patients, a single session could be sufficient, while some may need several sessions.
Laser treatment can treat pigmentation on all body parts.
Follow these tips while preparing for Skin Pigmentation Treatment in Dubai:
- Do not expose your skin to excessive sunlight a couple of days before the treatment. Generously apply some broad-spectrum sunscreen whenever going out.
- Stop exfoliation for a couple of weeks before treatment.
- Avoid any skincare products that can irritate your skin, especially those containing hydroxyl acid and retinoids.
- Get enough sleep the night before your appointment to relax during the treatment.
Follow these tips to minimize the discomfort and achieve the desired results from laser skin pigmentation treatment.
- Use cold compresses to minimize post-procedural discomforts, such as redness, itching, and swelling.
- Do not rub, scrub, or massage your skin for at least 3-4 weeks.
- Protect your skin from UV rays of sunlight.
- Keep the treated areas well moisturized to avoid crusting and scabbing.
- Do not pick at your skin; instead, let it come off naturally as you wash your face.
Before and After Results
Benefits of Laser Skin Pigmentation Treatment
You will notice an immediate improvement in your complexion, but full results may take a few sessions. However, each session of Skin Pigmentation Treatment in Dubai is spanned a month apart. Generally, four to six sessions are enough to get rid of dark spots and pigmented patches.
Key benefits of Laser Pigmentation Treatment include:
- The procedure is non-invasive.
- It is a virtually painless procedure.
- The treatment gives instant results.
- It shrinks large pores.
Cost of Skin pigmentation Laser Treatment
The starting cost of Skin pigmentation laser treatment in Dubai is 1,500 AED. The cost may vary depending on the following factors.
- Condition of patient
- Treatment Plan
- Expertise of practitioner
- Clinic’s location and facilities.
Other Treatment Options
Following are the best available options when it comes to the proper Skin Pigmentation Treatment in Dubai:
- Chemical peels are used to treat different cosmetic problems, including skin pigmentation.
- During the treatment, the practitioner applies an acidic solution to the skin to remove the dead skin layer.
- The New layer of the skin that comes is fresh and spot free.
- Microdermabrasion is a highly effective treatment for skin pigmentation.
- During the procedure, the practitioner exfoliates the damaged skin with the help of tiny crystals.
- The Doctor sprays crystals on the skin at a controlled rate by using a handheld device. The top skin layer is resurfaced, and new, healthy skin, free of dark spots, replaces it within a couple of weeks.
- Although microdermabrasion for freckles and blemishes requires a little time for recovery, the outcome is worth it.
Intense Pulsed Light Therapy
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is another useful and safe pigmentation treatment.
- During this treatment, heated light of varying wavelengths is used to break accumulated melanin in the skin’s inner layers.
Skin Pigmentation FAQs
How do you treat skin pigmentation?
Treating pigmentation is easy because there are a lot of treatment options available. We can use different skin whitening creams, retinoids, chemical peels, IPL therapy, microdermabrasion, dermabrasion, and laser pigmentation treatment in Dubai. All these treatments are effective on skin pigmentation and dark spots.
What deficiency causes skin pigmentation?
The most common cause of skin pigmentation is vitamin deficiency. Usually, a deficiency of vitamin D and B12 causes different skin and hair problems, including skin hyperpigmentation, vitiligo, angular stomatitis, etc.
What causes skin hyperpigmentation?
Skin hyperpigmentation in Dubai usually occurs when a particular hormone increases in the body. As a result, our body starts producing more melanin, a pigment that gives color to the skin. Moreover, excessive direct sunlight exposure also increases melanin production. As a result, skin hyperpigmentation occurs.
Is there any difference between pigmentation and hyperpigmentation?
Pigmentation refers to a person’s skin color. A healthy person’s skin color will appear normal and natural. However, if someone suffers from a medical condition or an injury or trauma, their skin may change color. If the skin becomes darker, it is known as hyperpigmentation, but if it becomes lighter, it is called hypopigmentation.
What skin treatment is best for pigmentation?
The best treatment for pigmentation depends on the condition of the patient, and a dermatologist will give a final verdict on what works best for whom. Laser treatment is considered effective because it targets the root cause of the problem.
Can pigmentation be removed by cream?
Various anti-pigmentation creams are available, these creams can temporarily treat pigmentation, but in the longer run, they might have side effects, including irritation.
What food causes skin pigmentation?
Foods that are high in Beta-carotene can cause Skin pigmentation. Some of these items are carrot, squash, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe, and even dried apricots.
Which deficiency causes pigmentation on the face?
Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause skin pigmentation on the face.
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about Skin Pigmentation Treatment in Dubai or schedule a procedure, visit us at Laser Skin Care. Moreover, you can sign up for online consultation by filling in the form given below.