With advancements in the skincare and hair loss industry, new treatments are introduced every other day. Each emerging treatment has numerous unique benefits, and it is less invasive than its predecessors. Among several different treatments, Autologous Micrografting Progenitor Cell Therapy is a notable name. It is an effective treatment using the therapeutic powers of regenerative medicine. Although this technique is also used in other fields, it is mainly used for treating androgenic alopecia or pattern baldness. Since pattern baldness affects both men and women, this therapy is beneficial for both genders. Moreover, thoroughly treating alopecia is not yet possible, but Autologous Micrografting Technology takes us one step closer to the cure.
Currently, Laser Skin Care Clinic is the only place in Dubai offering the revolutionary Autologous Micrografting Progenitor Cell Therapy.
What is Autologous Micrografting Therapy?
Autologous Micrografting Technology (AMT®), otherwise known as RegeneraActiva, is a revolutionary technique that helps cure androgenic alopecia. The procedure is simple and resembles a traditional hair transplant. It means the donor and recipient of the micro-grafts is the patient himself. Moreover, the procedure is based on the same underlying principle of stimulating natural cell regeneration in the recipient area.
Autologous Micrografting benefits from the healing properties of regenerative medicine by using progenitor cells and growth factors. It extracts injectable micro-grafts from the patient’s own cells. These micro-grafts contain:
- Progenitor cells
- Stem cells
- Extracellular matrix
- Growth factors
A mixture of these elements is obtained after filtration and a unique calibrated process. In the end, this mixture is injected into the scalp, where it uses its regenerative properties to cure androgenic alopecia.
Uses of Autologous Mictrografting Technology
Although Autologous Micrografting Progenitor Cell Therapy is mainly used for treating androgenic alopecia, it is also used for the following purposes:
Autologous Micrografting Therapy is commonly used in the field of dermatology due to its regenerative properties. Using this therapy for facial skin rejuvenation can help enhance the skin texture and make it youthful.
Stretch marks commonly occur after pregnancy or weight gain affecting the belly, thighs, hips, buttocks, arms, and breasts. Autologous Micrografting Therapy effectively treats stretch marks.
Besides skin conditions, Autologous Micrografting Therapy can also treat skin immune disorders, like Vitiligo. A Vitiligo patient has depigmented skin due to a lack of melanocytes. It can affect one or more body parts and sometimes the entire body.
Aim of the Treatment
Autologous Micrografting Progenitor Cell Therapy aims to:
- Help treat androgenic alopecia
- Provide skin rejuvenation
- Treat vitiligo
- Remove stretch marks
- Improve skin tone and texture
Who is the ideal candidate?
You can be an ideal candidate for Autologous Micrografting Therapy if you:
- have androgenic alopecia
- are in good physical and mental health
- do not suffer from any autoimmune diseases
- did not undergo any hair restoration treatment in the last 6 months
- have realistic expectations from the treatment
The step-by-step procedure for Autologous Micrografting Progenitor Cell Therapy is as follows:
- Firstly, the dermatologist will administer local anesthesia to the treatment site after cleansing it.
- Once the scalp is numbed, he/she will extract a small section of the skin from the scalp’s backside. It is taken from the backside because that part is baldness resistant.
- He/she will take a specialized device to separate the stem cells, progenitor cells, and growth factors from the extracted graft.
- After that, he/she will inject the cocktail obtained from the graft into the scalp with the help of mesotherapy. It will stimulate the regenerative process in the hair follicles.
Generally, the dermatologist provides a list of aftercare instructions, and patients must follow them religiously. Some general aftercare instructions are as follows:
- Avoid strenuous activities for at least 2-3 days after the treatment.
- Do not pick or scratch the treatment area.
- Avoid swimming, spa, and sauna for a few days after the treatment.
- Avoid washing your hair on the treatment day.
- Take all prescribed medications regularly.
Recovery and Results
The recovery period for Autologous Micrografting Therapy (AMT®) is not extensive and generally uneventful. During this period, patients may experience slight swelling on the injection site. However, it is not severe and usually subsides within 2-3 days after the treatment.
Generally, the results become noticeable within a month of the treatment. However, the results are not permanent. Patients will have to go for a follow-up treatment after 2-3 years to maintain the results.
Autologous Micrografting Progenitor Cell Therapy has numerous benefits. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- The procedure is non-surgical and non-invasive.
- The procedure only takes 30-40 minutes to complete.
- It is a safe procedure approved by the FDA.
- It offers long-lasting results.
- The recovery period is short and uneventful.
- The hair becomes thick and dense after the treatment.
Schedule a Consultation
Laser Skin Care Clinic has constantly introduced the latest treatments in Dubai. We are proud to announce that our clinic is among the pioneers of offering Autologous Micrografting Progenitor Cell Therapy. If you are interested in this advanced treatment for androgenic alopecia, schedule a consultation with our experts. You can fill the online form to schedule an appointment. Moreover, you can give us a call or visit our clinic, and our staff representatives will guide you further.