Appearance of dark circles under the eyes is quite a common problem, bothering both men and women around the globe. Often associated with lack of sleep, under-eye puffiness and dark circles around the eyes have numerous other causes as well.
Have you ever wondered How to get rid of Dark Circles in Dubai or any other place in the world? There are a number of treatments available to correct this problem, including topical eye creams and serums, laser therapy, skin resurfacing and injectable dermal fillers.
Considering the increasing demand for Dark Circles Treatment in Dubai, Laser Skin Care has introduced some really amazing and effective treatments to erase darkening around the eyes. Continue reading to know your options for bright, sparkling eyes.
Symptoms of Dark Circles
Must be thinking what else can be the symptoms of dark circles except for darkening of skin around the eyes. Yes you are right, but symptoms vary with the underlying cause:
- The biggest and foremost symptom is appearance of dark patches beneath the eyes
- Some patients also get a dark shade around the eyes due to prominent blood vessels under eyes
- Overly thin skin also makes the blood vessels prominent
- Formation of tear troughs due to fat loss under the eyes is also often confused with dark circles
What causes Dark Circles around eyes?
There are a number of factors that contribute to appearance of dark circles around eyes in Dubai, from heredity to dehydration to allergies. Here is a list of common causes of under eye skin darkening:
- Under eye volume loss
- Lower eyelid laxity
- Bulging of under eye fat
- Loss of volume in the cheeks
- Nasal congestion
- Skin allergies
- Hyper-pigmentation caused by sun damage
- Hyper-pigmentation caused by melasma
- Venous congestion in under eye blood vessels
- Environmental pollution
Dark circles caused by the above stated factors are aggravated by certain factors. Here are some risk factors that increase your susceptibility to develop dark circles around eyes.
- Consumption of caffeinated drinks
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Poor diet and Dehydration
- Lack of sleep
Your doctor will assess your skin around the eyes before confirming if it is really a cosmetic problem or the skin darkening around the eyes is due to some medical condition or skin allergy. Consult some qualified dermatologist/skin specialist in the town to figure out the cause and severity of dark skin around the eyes, and a possible solution to the issue as well.
There is a long list of treatments available to treat Dark Circles around Eyes in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Some of the most commonly used treatments include:
- Topical eye cream: Mild to moderate discoloration around eyes caused by Melasma or sun damage is generally treated with topical bleaching agents. Creams containing kojic acid, Vitamins C and K, green tea, and licorice as active ingredient are often recommended by the dermatologists for treating under eye circles. Though these creams rarely provide a permanent solution to the problem, they may help to temporarily mask up the pigmentation.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peeling also offers a reliable solution to skin darkening issues, be it on cheeks, chin, forehead or around the eyes. This treatment is usually used for treating dark circles caused by hyper-pigmentation. It not only peels off dark skin around the eyes but also boosts the collagen production. Mostly, Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) and glycolic acid chemical peels are used for treating dark circles around eyes.
- Dermal fillers: The best technique used to treat under-eye dark circles due to facial volume loss is the use of dermal fillers. Dermatologists use these soft gel like substances to correct dark circles caused by loss of facial volume, under-eye volume loss or fat descent in the cheeks. Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most commonly used dermal fillers in Dubai. Results of dermal fillers are also temporary, lasting for a few months to one year
- Laser skin resurfacing: As you age, the skin becomes thinner, exposing the blood vessels under the eyes as blue or dark purple circles. If this is the case, some doctors recommend their patients Intense Pulsed Light therapy to decrease pigmentation problem and enhance overall skin texture. Some dermatologists in Dubai also use Laser skin resurfacing to treat under-eye circles by rejuvenating skin’s collagen production. Lasers help reduce dark circles by stimulating collagen production in the affected areas.
- Mesotherapy: The most effective and probably the safest treatment for dark circles is mesotherapy technique. A chemical cocktail containing pharmaceutical drugs, minerals, enzymes and supplements is injected under the eyes in targeted areas. The mixture helps reduce dark circles under the eyes and bags under the eyes. Multiple sessions of mesotherapy may be needed to get desired results.
- The Best Treatment: Laser Skin Resurfacing and Mesotherapy are the most effective and most demanded treatment for dark circles around eyes.
- Cost of treatment: There is no fixed cost for Dark Circles Treatment in Sharjah. Cost of treatment varies based on the severity of problem and the treatment chosen. Experience and expertise of the dermatologist as well as the geographic location of your provider also play a vital role in determining cost of treatment.
- Tips to avoid dark circles: As they say, prevention is better than cure, here are some tips to avoid these ugly looking dark circles around the eyes from appearing in the first place:
- Refrain from smoking
- Get enough night sleep (at least 6 to 8 hours)
- Always wear sun screen and sunglasses when going out in the sun
- Keep your body adequately hydrated (drink at least 8 glasses of water daily)
- Don’t rub the area around the eyes harshly, this may damage the blood vessels worsening the problem
- The Machine Used: one of the follow laser device is used to cure it with laser;
- Q-terra (Q-swithches ND Yag)
- CANDELA Gentlemax ND Yag
- Asclepion MCL 31 Erbium Yag
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
If you are seeking an effective treatment for dark circles around your eyes in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah or Dubai, contact Laser Skin Care Clinic now and let one of our internationally recognized dermatologists design an effective treatment plan for you. You may be recommended a combination of treatments as well, especially if there are multiple factors involved. You can also make a free online consultation with our experts for a free expert advice.