Aging and other environmental damages can affect our skin’s texture and appearance. However, some patches or marks appear on our skin by birth. These skin lesions come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes and are known as birthmarks. Generally, birthmarks look unappealing, especially if they are in a visible spot, like the face or neck. Luckily, with the help of Birthmark Removal Dubai, we can easily reduce and remove birthmarks.
Table of Contents
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
10 – 30 minutes
2 – 3 days
What are birthmarks?
Birthmarks are basically congenital spots or marks on the skin having variations in color. Although birthmarks appear before birth, sometimes they also develop after the child is born. Generally, birthmarks vary depending on their texture, size, color, and depth. While most birthmarks are benign and do not cause any harm, some lead to severe conditions if not treated timely.
Generally, children get birthmarks caused by uneven or extra pigmentation of the skin. However, in some children, birthmarks are also caused by abnormalities of blood vessels. Moreover, some birthmarks occur in people with certain genetic disorders, such as neurofibromatosis. Furthermore, people with dark skin are susceptible to a specific type of birthmark known as Mongolian spots. Apart from this, Hemangiomas appear as flat lesions at the time of birth but enlarge rapidly over the next few months.
Different types of birthmarks show various symptoms. While pigmented birthmarks do not have any symptoms except for coloration, vascular birthmarks can show some notable symptoms. The most common symptom of birthmarks is abnormally dark or light skin. However, some birthmarks also ulcerate and gradually disappear on their own, leaving behind a faint scar.
Birthmarks generally appear unpredictably, but certain factors can increase a person’s susceptibility to developing these unsightly marks. These include:
- Unusually light skin tone
- Traumatic Birth
- Prolonged Birth
- Genetic Factors
- Ingestion of Untested Medications
Types of Birthmarks
There are two main types of birthmarks – Pigmented Birthmarks and Vascular Birthmarks. They are further divided into different types:
Pigments are basically colors, and Pigmented Birthmarks are spots and marks caused due to skin pigmentation on a specific body part. Here are some specified types of pigmented birthmarks:
- Mongolian Spots
Vascular Birthmarks generally appear on the skin when blood vessels clump together. However, they can become prominent and start appearing on the skin due to other disorders, too. More than one in every ten babies gets these marks on the skin. More specified types of such marks are given below:
- Salmon Patch Birthmark
- Port-Wine Birthmark
- Strawberry Hemangioma Birthmark
- Cavernous Hemangioma Birthmark
- Venous Malformations
How can I treat birthmarks?
There are numerous options available for treating birthmarks. The selection of treatment greatly depends on the prediction about the progress of the birthmark. But Laser Treatment for Birthmark Removal Dubai is the most recommended procedure for ridding these unsightly spots and lesions.
Patients must follow the pre-procedural guidelines their doctor provides. Some general pre-procedural instructions are as follows:
- Patients must discuss their medical history with the doctor during the initial consultation.
- They should also discuss any medicines that they have been taking during the last six months.
- Patients should get a good night’s sleep the night before the birthmark removal treatment.
- Shower as well as clip or shave the hair at the treatment site.
- Choose a loose-fitted dress that allows for birthmark visibility.
There is a wide variety of treatments available for treating birthmarks, such as:
- topical medicines
- surgical procedures
However, Laser Treatment for Birthmarks is considered the most effective one. It is a safe and straightforward procedure that has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Laser Treatment for Pigmented Birthmarks
- The practitioner will apply topical anesthesia or numbing cream to the treatment site.
- After numbing the treatment area, he/she will make a laser beam incident at the birthmark.
- The laser beams penetrate the mark underneath the skin without damaging the outer skin layers.
- A particular type of laser treatment, known as Laser Photo Rejuvenation, is used for eliminating pigmented birthmarks.
- It uses Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) to break down the pigment, which is then excreted out by the body’s lymphatic system.
Laser Treatment for Vascular Birthmarks
- In Vascular Birthmarks treatment, the practitioner also begins by applying the numbing cream.
- Laser beams of a specific type and energy are then made incident at the birthmark.
- Heat energy from the lasers works by clogging the blood vessels. Eventually, the vessels shrink and fade away.
Number of Sessions Required
Generally, one session of Laser Birthmarks Removal in Dubai is enough. However, the number of sessions required depends on the texture, size, and depth of the birthmark. Some patients only need one session, but in some cases, more sessions are needed for complete removal. With each session, the birthmark fades out and eventually goes away completely.
Before and After Results
Patients must follow the post-procedural guidelines provided by the practitioner after Birthmark Removal Dubai. Some general aftercare instructions are as follows:
- Apply antibiotic ointment on the treated area as prescribed.
- Scab and crust formation is normal, but avoid picking at the scabs.
- Generously apply sunscreen to protect the treated area when going out during the daytime.
- Do not immediately apply makeup or other cosmetic products that may irritate the treated area.
Cost of Birthmarks Treatment
Like every other cosmetic treatment, there is no fixed Birthmark Removal cost. Every clinic charges patients differently depending on their pricing policies. However, generally, the price of Birthmark Removal depends on its type and size as well as the laser used.
Generally, the average Birthmark Removal cost in Dubai starts from 1000 AED.
Schedule a Consultation
To know more about Laser Birthmarks Removal in Dubai, contact us now. In order to schedule a consultation session, fill the online form below.