If you’re tired of shaving and waxing your unwanted body hair each time and need a long-lasting solution, then LASER HAIR REMOVAL is definitely the best option for smooth and silky skin.
We, at Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai, give you hairless, beautiful skin through laser hair removal. Laser hair removal can provide permanent hair reduction, although it may not completely remove all hair. The degree of permanence varies from person to person. Some individuals may experience pain or discomfort during the treatment.
(Crux of this article on Laser Hair Removal Web Story)
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Generally, a high-intensity light beam is focused on the hair pigment (melanin). The targeted hair absorbs light which heats up and destroys the tube-like structure (hair follicle) that holds the hair within the skin. The hair is temporarily damaged for a period of 3-6 months. The newly grown hair from that area will be much finer and lighter than before.
Laser hair removal has received considerable interest due to its minimal side effects, safety, and effectiveness. Although it delays hair growth and reduces hair count, multiple sessions are needed for permanent hair reduction.
Why Choose Laser Hair Removal?
- Painless removal of unwanted hair from your body.
- Scientifically proven to cause no serious harm.
- A long-term solution for unwanted hair growth.
- After one or two sessions, lesser hairs grow on the treated area.
- No surgical damage to the skin.
Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai ensures the safety and satisfaction of customers by using the latest technology
Candela Gentlemax Pro®
One of the latest devices approved by the Food And Drug Administration (FDA). Its dual wavelength makes it very effective for all Fitzpatrick skin types.
The laser spot ranging from 1.4-24mm helps to cover a wide skin area. A pulse duration of 2ms (millisecond) makes the process faster and easier for the patient.
With its dynamic cooling device (DCD), there is no chance of skin injury. These features make Candela Gentlemax Pro a highly efficient and safe device. The device uses dual wavelengths:
Emits a 755 nm wavelength laser
Best for people with
- Fairest skin with red or blonde hair
- Fair or white skin with blonde hair
- Yellowish brown to medium fair skin with blonde or brown hair
Nd: YAG laser
Emits a 1064 nm wavelength laser beam
Best for people with
- Olive or brown skin with black hair
- Olive or dark skin with black hair
- Very dark brown to black skin with black hair
Advantages of laser hair removal
- Laser hair removal is one of the most popular procedures for removing unwanted body hair.
- The procedure is painless and less time taking as compared to hours of waxing, shaving, and plucking.
- Though permanent hair removal is not possible, approximately 80-90% hair reduction can be achieved after multiple treatments using suitable methods and instruments, but the degree of permanence varies from person to person.
- After the procedure, ice cooling and cooling gel gives you complete relief from any kind of discomfort, unlike other techniques of hair removal at home.
Which Body Parts Can Be Treated?
Laser hair removal may not be suitable for all skin types and may require different parameters depending on the skin type and hair color. Some skin types may be more prone to side effects or complications. Using the right parameters for the specific skin type, full-body laser hair removal can be performed on both men and women, namely on the following parts
- Upper lip
Moreover, bikini laser hair removal helps clean your pubic areas. Laser hair removal for men helps to shape the beard line as well.
The areas closer to the eyes are avoided to prevent serious eye damage.
How to Prepare Before the Process?
For a successful laser hair removal following precautionary measures are adopted at our Dubai clinic
- Detailed examination of the patient’s medical history, underlying skin diseases, drug use, etc.
- Informing the patient of any side effects and that the results will be temporary not permanent.
- Hormone testing in the patient to detect any hormonal disease or abnormalities.
- If the hormonal level is not normal or the patient has any hormonal disease then the treatment might differ and the skin response might not be the same.
- Detecting the patient’s skin type and choosing the right instruments and parameters.
- The patient should start avoiding sun exposure and use sunscreens for at least a month before the treatment.
- Shaving is recommended just before the treatment to avoid any skin damage.
- Plucking and waxing must be avoided at least 4 weeks before treatment.
- Applying sunscreens before treatment reduces side effects.
What Happens During the Laser Hair Removal Process?
The treatment is very simple
- Any existing hair on the area is trimmed off because then the laser targets the hair roots better.
- You’ll be required to wear goggles to prevent the laser from damaging your eyes.
- The doctor will clean your skin from dust or makeup and apply a cooling gel or ice packs to cool your skin.
- A topical anesthetic cream is applied one hour before the process to numb the area.
- Then the laser device is pressed on the skin to bring hair follicles close enough and block the blood supply temporarily.
- The high-wavelength light beam destroys the hair follicles and delays their growth.
- This treatment only destroys hairs in their initial stages, so you’ll need further sessions after 4-6 weeks for complete hair removal.
After the procedure
- You may experience mild pain due to the intense light which is treated by cooling.
- In case of any severe skin injury (most unlikely), antibiotics are used.
- Avoid sunbathing and use sunblock a month before and after the treatment period to avoid any complications.
- Skin redness and swelling are normal and heal in a few hours.
- If the swelling continues, your doctor may prescribe steroid creams.
Results of Laser Treatment for Hair Removal
The result is hairless beautiful skin with no serious damage. After laser hair removal, the regrowth of hair may vary depending on the individual, and it may not necessarily be finer or lighter. After 2-6 treatments maximum hair loss can be achieved for a long time depending on your skin type and the degree of permanence varies from person to person.
Some successful results from our laser clinic are given below:
Before and After Results
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe?
There is enough evidence to support the fact that laser hair removal is very safe. Also, modern technology helps keep the procedure secure.
Sun-tanned skins are at risk of getting skin burns after the laser treatment. Scarring is very rare and results from using unsuitable treatment processes for patients.
Bacterial infections or prolonged swelling happen in some cases and may be treated by antibiotics and skin cooling.
Laser Hair Removal Cost
The starting price of Laser Hair Removal in Dubai is 100 AED. Laser hair removal prices vary from person to person depending on various factors, including
- The number of sessions needed.
- Size of the area to be treated.
- Color, texture, and thickness of the hair.
- Experience and reputation of your doctor.
Generally, the average price of full-body laser hair removal at our clinic in Dubai ranges between AED 700 and AED 1000 . But this treatment has no fixed price as several factors influence its exact cost.
The cost of a laser hair removal session ranges from
- 100 AED to 200 AED for a small body area. (Upper and lower lips, ears, jawline, chin, cheeks, chest line, lower abdomen line)
- 250 AED to 300 AED for a medium body area. (Forearms, underarms, face, bikini line, shoulder, neck)
- 350 AED to 500 AED for a large body area. (Full arms, half legs, chest, buttocks, abdomen, Brazilian bikini areas)
And last but not least, our dermatologist will have the final say about the cost of the procedure.
Laser Hair Removal FAQs
Can Hair Be Permanently Removed by Laser?
Laser hair removal can provide long-term hair reduction but it is not 100% permanent. Some hair may eventually grow back, and periodic maintenance treatments might be needed.
What Are The Side Effects Of Laser Hair Removal?
Common side effects include skin pigmentation, skin irritation, redness, bruising, and mild swelling.
Is hair removal with lasers a safe procedure?
Laser hair removal is generally considered a safe procedure. However, as with any treatment, it can have certain side effects. To ascertain your skin's suitability for the procedure, a patch test is typically conducted. This can provide insight into any potential reactions or side effects your skin might have to the treatment
What are the Safety Precautions for this Treatment at our Clinic?
At Laser Skin Care Clinic, we use the best laser equipment configured with the safest yet most effective settings to ensure the smooth removal of unwanted hair.
Additionally, we use topical anesthetic solutions to reduce procedure-related pain. After the procedure, our highly experienced dermatologists provide complete instructions to help you avoid any complications and side effects.
What are the pain influencing factors?
The level of discomfort during laser hair removal often depends on the specific area being treated. More sensitive areas like the underarms and bikini line may experience greater discomfort compared to less sensitive regions such as the face and arms, which may feel akin to a pinprick. A topical numbing cream is typically applied prior to the procedure to mitigate any discomfort.
Is electrolysis better than laser hair removal?
Both treatments are almost the same in terms of cost and pain but electrolysis needs more sessions and covers lesser areas compared to laser hair removal. Electrolysis gives permanent hair removal and takes more time.
Schedule an Appointment
Do you want to undergo laser hair removal? You can visit the Laser Skin Care Clinic in Dubai, where our certified practitioners use state-of-the-art laser equipment to help you get rid of unwanted hair.