Birthmarks affect a large number of people around the globe. Different marks have different cosmetic effects. However, not all birthmarks are present at the time of birth. Some birthmarks can develop in the first few hours and even months of a baby’s life, such as Port Wine Stains. Although these purplish marks are generally not harmful, they can affect the appearance of a person. Consider a Port Wine Stain Treatment in Dubai if you want to get rid of such spots on your skin. But before discussing the treatment options, let’s understand what causes these unsightly stains and their symptoms.
Table of Contents
What are Port Wine Stains?
A Port Wine Stain is a red or purple colored patch on the skin. It is a common type of vascular birthmark, which means it appears on the skin due to abnormal development of blood vessels. Most patients do not experience any pain or discomfort due to Port Wine Stains. However, in some patients, this abnormality of blood vessels can cause serious complications. Luckily, Port Wine Stains Removal in Dubai can help such patients get rid of this skin problem non-invasively.
Causes of Port Wine Stains
A Port Wine Stain, also known as nevus flammeus, is generally caused due to capillary malformation. The stain happens due to a limited or insufficient supply of nerve fibers – thread-like extensions of nerve cells. These are responsible for keeping blood vessels narrow. In the absence of sufficient nerve fibers, blood capillaries begin to expand, allowing the inflow of more than required blood. The excess blood accumulates on the skin’s surface, appearing as a red or purple mark, medically known as a Port Wine Stain.
The most common cause of Port Wine Stains is genetics. If the mother or the father has a family history of such birthmarks, the kids are more susceptible to developing them on the face or neck. However, the stains are not caused by anything that a mother does during pregnancy. It is just a myth.
Symptoms of Port Wine Stains
- Port-wine stains differ in size and shape.
- Initially, the vascular nevus appears as a flat pink mark on the skin.
- Over time, the color begins to darken, and the end product is a dark purple or deep red stain.
- The texture of the port wine stain also changes with time.
- Initially, the mark appears as a flat patch, but over time, as the veins grow, it becomes thick and pebbled.
- These nevi mostly appear on the face and neck but can appear anywhere on the body.
Port Wine Stains Diagnosis
Port Wine Stains are usually harmless and do not cause any problems or pain. However, sometimes they can be a sign of some other medical condition, but this is very rare.
No special tests or scans are required for the diagnosis of Port Wine Stains. Usually, the doctor tells the parents if their child has a port-wine stain or some other vascular nevus by simply looking at it. After diagnosis, he/she will suggest Port Wine Stains Removal in Dubai to get rid of it.
There are a number of techniques available for Port Wine Stains Removal Treatment in Dubai. Some of these include:
- Oral Medications
- Topical Creams
- Laser Treatment
Among all these options, Laser Treatment is considered the most effective and safe Port Wine Stains Treatment.
Laser Treatment for Port Wine Stains
Lasers offer an effective and trustworthy Port Wine Stain Treatment in Dubai. Laser treatment is highly effective and is mainly done once a person reaches teenage. But some types of Port Wine Stains can also be treated with laser even during infancy.
The step-by-step procedure is as follows:
- The procedure is performed with local anesthesia, but, if necessary, general anesthesia can also be used.
- The treatment involves penetration of laser beam in the abnormally grown blood vessels.
- During the procedure, the laser targets the vessels specifically and destroys them without causing any harm to the skin nearby.
- The body easily absorbs targeted and destroyed blood vessels.
- Ice packs and topical antibiotics may be used to minimize any post-procedural discomfort.
- Every laser has a cooling device attached to it that lowers the discomfort caused by the laser.
Before and After Results
Port Wine Stains Removal Treatment in Dubai offers instant results. Candidates will notice a significant improvement in the appearance of Port Wine Stains after the first sessions. However, more than one session is required for obliterating these stains. The mark fades out after every laser session, and after a few treatments, it will be eliminated entirely.
Port Wine Stain Treatment in Dubai offers numerous advantages, such as:
- It is an effective treatment for Port Wine Stains removal.
- The procedure is virtually non-surgical and non-invasive.
- It does not involve any pain or discomfort.
- The recovery process is quick, and there is no downtime.
- It does not cause any severe side effects or long-term complications.
Port Wine Stains FAQs
Is a single session enough?
For effective results, more than one session of the treatment may be required. Port-wine stain fades with every following session. The exact number of sessions varies in individual cases, and your doctor can best assess that. These sessions are spaced a few weeks apart from each other.
Is laser treatment for port-wine stains safe?
Laser treatment is 100% safe and FDA-approved, and the expertise and experience of cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists at Laser Skin Care Clinic make it an ideal treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Some minor side effects occur after every laser treatment, but they are bearable and temporary. These side effects include bruising and redness that subsides within a week after treatment. Moreover, candidates can also feel soreness or swelling that subsides in a couple of days. But all these symptoms are temporary and fade away on their own.
Schedule a Consultation
Laser Skin Care Clinic offers Port Wine Stain Treatment in Dubai at reasonable rates. To learn more about this treatment or schedule an appointment, contact us now. You can sign up for online consultation by taking a minute to fill in the form given below. Moreover, you can give us a call or visit our clinic, and our staff representatives will guide you further.