Acne usually occurs in the areas of the body with the most oil-producing glands. It appears on your skin as red blemishes that may be filled with pus. They affect your attractive looks and damage your self-esteem.
The good news is that there are multiple treatment options available at Laser Skin Care Clinic to help you get rid of acne.
What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when skin pores become blocked with dirt, oil, and dead skin cells. As a result, whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples start appearing on your skin.
These lesions usually appear on the face, but they may also appear on your neck, chest, shoulders, and upper arms. Acne isn’t new, it is a common skin condition that mostly affects teenagers.
Apart from affecting skin health, it also affects one’s self-esteem and confidence; therefore, it is important to get it treated.
What are the types of Acne?
Multiple types of acne may appear on your skin; blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, populates, and papules are some common types of acne.
- Blackheads: are open comedones(bumps) that appear on the surface of the skin.
- Whiteheads: they are closed comedones that appear under the surface of the skin.
Lesions that may cause acne scaring on your skin include
- Papules: raised bumps that appear on the skin due to infected hair follicles.
- Cysts: they are large lumps present beneath your skin.
- Pustulates: red pimples that contain pus on their tips.
- Nodules: they are painful lumps present beneath the surface of the skin.
There are four different stages of acne.
- Mild Acne (Grade 1): Whiteheads, blackheads, and cysts appear on your skin.
- Moderate Acne (Grade 2): papules and pustulates start appearing on your face, and their number increases in this grade.
- Severe Acene (Grade 3): Nodules may start developing along with multiple papules and pustulates.
- Nudolocystic Acne (Grade 4): Painful postulates and nodules develop on the affected area. Cystic acne treatment such as oral medications and topical creams can help you ease the pain.
What are the symptoms of Acne?
The most obvious signs of acne are whiteheads, blackheads, scarring of the skin, redness around skin eruptions, cysts and papules, and tenderness and pain when they are touched.
Acne can also cause sacring if the pimples are popped. Since acne breakouts take more time to heal, therefore it is advised to wait for some days before the pimples are gone on their own.
The symptoms of acne may appear on the following body parts
- Upper arms.
What causes Acne?
Acne is caused by an interruption in the natural lubrication process of the human body. Pores are present on the skin’s surface, which open up to the follicles made up of hair and oil glands.
The human body releases sebum (Oil) through pores to lubricate the skin. When these pores are blocked by dead skin cells or bacteria, the lubrication process gets disturbed, leading to acne.
Notable causes which might lead to acne are
- When the follicles start producing more Oil.
- Dead skin cells accumulate and block the pores.
- Bacteria blocks the pores.
What are the risk factors for Acne?
Factors that can contribute to acne or worsen it include
- Hormonal changes.
- Certain medications.
- A diet containing carbohydrate-rich foods.
- PCOS(Polycystic ovary syndrome) and other endocrine conditions.
- Smoking cigarettes.
- Lack of sleep.
- Beauty products that contain oil-rich ingredients.
- Family history of Acne.
- Friction is caused by tight collars, helmets, and telephones.
Teenagers are prone to acne. This happens when they reach the age of puberty, and hormonal changes start taking place in their body.
The hormonal changes lead to excessive oil production, which increases the risk of acne. Acne developed in this stage will be gone as you reach adulthood.
Getting a diagnosis of Acne
Getting a diagnosis of acne and treating it early is important. Acne is usually diagnosed by visual inspection of the affected area by a dermatologist. The dermatologist can identify the type of lesions and the treatment required to overcome the problem.
At Laser skin care Clinic Dubai, we have certified dermatologists with years of experience that offer the best acne treatment. The staff is well-equipped to detect and suggest possible treatments to help you get rid of acne.
Treatments for Acne
The acne treatments depend on how severe the problem is. In its early stages, acne can be cured with acne medications. Accutane is one of the medicines that can curve Acne in its early stages. However, if the problem is in the second or third stage, an intervention will be required.
Self-medication is never advisable, it is better to get a consultation with a dermatologist to determine the stage of acne so that medication can be prescribed.
Topical Treatments for Acne
Topical acne treatments may include
- Medicated creams – The creams such as Benzoyl peroxide penetrate down the pores to target oil-producing glands.
- Cleansers – cleansers help in cleaning the blocked pores.
- Chemical Peels – A chemical peeling solution is applied to the acne-prone area to reduce the appearance of acne scarring.
- Chemical peels can also help in blackhead extraction.
These treatments are also helpful for Back acne treatment.
The topical creams and medications for acne may include the following ingredients:
- Benzoyl peroxide – Kills acne-causing bacteria.
- Salicylic Acid – Helps exfoliate the skin.
Benzoyl peroxide and Salicylic Acid cleansers can also be used as Medicine for pimples and dark spots.
Under several conditions, these medications may have adverse effects. For example, they might harm pregnant women or people suffering from kidney issues.
Clinical Treatments for Acne
Numerous clinical treatments can help you get rid of acne and have fresh facial skin.
These clinical treatments are
- Fotona Acne TwinLight® – In this treatment, an Nd: Yag laser light is targeted to the skin, which penetrates it and targets glands that produce sebum (oil). This prevents future chances of acne. The laser can also be used to resurface the skin that could be damaged due to acne scarring.
- Laser toning for Acne– Laser toning can also be used to treat acne; q-switched or Pico lasers are used to perform the procedure. The laser clarifies smoothness and plumps the skin. It also encourages the production of sub-dermal collagen to improve skin tone, color, and texture.
- RFM – Radiofrequency microneedling is also used to target acne. This treatment is ideal for moderate to severe acne. Radiofrequency targets oil-producing glands in the pores. RFM has lower downtime and fewer side effects.
- Microdermabrasion – In this treatment, a specialized instrument targets acne on the skin’s surface. The top layer of the skin is removed to clear out the pores so the blockage can be removed.
Before and After Results
The treatment options we use at our clinic kill the bacteria inside the blemishes and pimples to relieve acne and its symptoms. Usually, it takes a few days before the inflammation subsides entirely and the scabs fall off.
Treated pimples may leave behind slight marks, which fade over time and completely vanish within a few weeks.
Benefits of Acne Treatment
Some practical benefits of Acne Treatment include the following
- All treatment options mentioned above are virtually non-surgical and noninvasive.
- The said procedures do not cause any pain or discomfort.
- There is minimal downtime.
- Recovery is generally rapid.
How to prevent Acne?
Completely preventing it is not possible; however, you can take several steps to lower the chances of acne breakouts on your skin.
- Daily wash your face with an oil-free cleanser.
- Use Acne cleansers to remove excessive oil from the Skin.
- Use water-based makeup products, they are less likely to clog the pores.
- Avoid using skin care products that contain oil.
- Always remove the make-up before sleeping.
- Eat a balanced diet and stay hydrated.
- Take measures to reduce stress, such as exercise.
What is the cost of Acne treatment in Dubai?
The starting cost of Acne treatment in Dubai is 1450. The price may vary depending on the following conditions
- The expertise of the practitioner.
- Type of treatment required.
- The severity of Acne.
Acne Treatment F.A.Q.s
How can you clear up your acne fast?
There are different ways of clearing facial acne. Patients should start by maintaining a healthy diet and washing their facial skin regularly. They can also try some home remedies to get rid of acne. However, the best way to quickly eliminate acne is by getting Acne Treatment from a reputable clinic.
What is the best treatment for acne?
Your doctor will determine the best acne treatment after analyzing the severity and type of your acne. Usually, a dermatologist determines the best treatment for acne during the initial consultation. However, Laser Acne Removal has proved beneficial for many patients. Still, always consult an expert before starting any treatment to remove acne.
Can acne be removed permanently?
Acne is most common among teenagers hitting puberty. However, their acne is not permanent and usually subsides on its own after some time. Adults can also get acne due to multiple reasons. The good thing is many treatments are available that can remove adult acne permanently. Options like chemical peels and Fotona are among the most effective treatments for acne removal. These treatments also help with acne scar removal.
How do dermatologists remove acne?
A dermatologist analyzes the patient's acne and then determines a suitable acne removal treatment plan. Depending on the patient's condition, they may recommend a topical cream, chemical peels, or Fotona.
How do I know if I have hormonal acne?
Acne and hormones are directly related. Generally, most patients suffer from acne during puberty, pregnancy, menopause, etc., all of which involve a lot of hormonal activity. In other words, hormonal acne is when you show the symptoms of acne due to hormonal fluctuation in your body.
What is the best acne spot treatment for sensitive skin?
Although many acne spot removal medicines are available, most provide short-term results. Some of them only work when used continuously. And as soon as you stop those medications, acne symptoms reappear. On the other hand, clinical treatments help remove these blemishes permanently. One of such options that we use at our clinic in Dubai is Permanent Laser Treatment. It provides long-lasting results without any severe complications.
What does stress acne look like?
Stress acne usually appears in the form of red pumps, blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples. During stress, oil production increases which may lead to acne if the pores of your skin are blocked.
What is the best treatment for acne?
The first acne treatment is tetracycline or macrolide, both are oral medications to treat mild acne. A dermatologist can suggest the exact treatment after a visual examination of the skin.
How do I know I have Hormonal Acne?
Acne around the jawline and chin is usually caused by hormonal acne, if you experience acne during a certain life stage, such as puberty, you should know that it is hormonal acne.
How do I get my Acne away?
Acne can be treated through medications and clinical treatments. It is important that you consult a dermatologist as soon as acne appears. After a visual examination, the dermatologist will decide what works best for you.
Can Acne be cured?
Acne can not be cured, but it can be treated. Many people believe that acne can be cured through dietary changes, which isn't factually correct. Medical intervention is required to clean the pores and prevent excessive sebum production.
What is the best acne treatment near me?
f you are looking for acne treatment in Dubai, Laser Skin Skin Care Clinic Dubai has the best equipment and practioners to help you get rid of the skin condition. We are located at 611 Jumeirah St, Suite # 1A - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Schedule a Consultation
The above detail should explain well how to get rid of acne. Now, if you want acne-free skin, visit us at Laser Skin Care Clinic, a certified medical cosmetic center offering you a well-thought-out and highly customized acne treatment in Dubai. You can fill in the form below to set up online consultation with our experts.