Acne is an inflammatory, chronic skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles are jam-packed with dead skin cells and oil. Many people don’t know that acne is the root cause of whiteheads, pimples, blackheads, spots, and scars on the face, back, forehead, shoulder, chest, upper arms, and neck. People of all ages are affected by acne and it is most common among teenagers. Acne affects every 3 out of 4 people which reflects that it’s very common.
However, you don’t need to worry too much because acne is not a dangerous disease but it can certainly make your facial skin look very bad. We are here to help you deal with this issue using a method that really works against acne. And is often overlooked and overshadowed by more appealing measures that can cost you very much. We are talking about rose water for acne.
Let’s see what are the benefits of rose water in fighting against acne and how well these rose water sprays and rose water toners work against acne, a very common skin condition.
Rose Water Benefits
The five most important benefits of rose water for acne that makes it a top contender in the treatments of acne are:
- It is anti-inflammatory meaning it does not allow acne to cause inflammations on your skin.
- It’s an antibacterial and antiseptic as it kills the acne causing bacteria.
- It is an astringent meaning it can dry out oil and tighten the pores that are wide open which is vital while fighting acne.
- Rose water balances pH meaning it keeps the skin at a normal pH range of 4.1 to 5.8 and minimizes skin irritation caused by acne.
- It is an antioxidant meaning it does not allow free radicals to block pores and cause pimples by limiting free radical oxidation which greatly reduces acne symptoms.
How Can You Use Rose Water for Acne on Your Skin?
There are many ways to apply rose water on your skin to effectively deal with different forms of acne. Some of them include:
Apply Rose Water Toner with Cotton
To do this you need to moisten a piece of cotton ball in a rose water toner and just dab it gently on your skin (don’t rub it). This process effectively removes all the extra oil and other types of dirt from your skin.
Use a Spray Bottle
For this method, you will need a small spray bottle, some pure rose water, a tissue, and a moisturizer.
- Clean your face with a facial cleanser.
- Fill the spray bottle with pure rose water.
- Gently spritz the rose water on your face from a fair distance.
- Wait for 20-30 seconds then wipe off your face with a tissue.
- Repeat the process whenever you feel the need.
Soak Cotton in Chilled Rose Water
You need to soak two soft cotton balls in chilled rose water. After this gently place them on your eyelids for 5 minutes. As this area is mostly swollen and contains puffy skin, rose water can easily cure this condition.
How to deal with Severe Acne
Only rose water cannot help you deal with severe acne. You have to visit a skincare expert so that he can do a detailed examination of your skin. He can easily identifies the type of acne you are suffering from. In this way, you will be able to find the most suitable acne treatment.
If you have acne, then we have provided you with more than enough reasons to start using rose water right away. Rosewater is the best way to get rid of these unwanted pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. If you are still unsure about the various rose water benefits suitable for your skin type then consult with our dermatologists at Laser Skincare Clinic. They are always happy and more than willing to help you.