Aging is cursed the most for skin deterioration but it is not the only culprit to be blamed. Skin issues can affect a person at any stage of life. Most of them are without any doubt age-related, for example, an appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, sagging skin, pigmentation problems like age spots, thinning of skin and lesion formation, etc. But early aging is also a common cause of concern these days. Some skin issues are also caused by life events such as puberty and pregnancy cause stretch marks, acne breakouts cause acne scars, excessive sun exposure causes melasma and freckles and blemishes. But a million-dollar question is, is there any cure? Obviously Yes! There is one solution for all these skin problems and that is Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing.
Fractional lasers work really well with minimal or no downtime and the best part is that results can be seen in a short amount of time. It is an ideal skin rejuvenation treatment equally effective for teens and grownups, and for adults and aged people. Dermatologists in Dubai believe that it is the finest skincare treatment that came to fore in the last decade.
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Who is a candidate?
Fractional CO2 skin resurfacing can treat almost every cosmetic skin condition. You are a candidate for fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing if you have:
- Sagging skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Facial creases and etched expression lines (frown lines, crow’s feet, laugh lines)
- Pigmentation problems
- Freckles and blemishes
- Textural skin irregularities – large pores, rough skin, blackheads, etc.
- Acne scars or surgery scars
- Dull skin
- Stretch marks
Which machine is used?
The DEKA Smartxide Fractional CO2 Laser is used for the Fractional CO2 Treatments.
The Aim of Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing?
All skin rejuvenation treatments aim at beautifying you and Fractional CO2 is no different. The treatment aims at:
- Reversing aging signs and symptoms
- Removing facial wrinkles
- Tightening skin by stimulating collagen production
- Enhancing complexion and skin tone
- Treating and eliminating acne scars
- Improving the appearance of surgical scars
How to prepare for the Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment?
Follow these instructions as you prepare for Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment in Dubai:
- Discontinue use of Retin-A ointment at least one week prior to the Fractional CO2 Resurfacing.
- Discontinue use of blood-thinning medicines such as Aspirin and Ibuprofen, and supplements like fish oil & Vitamin E
- Applying skin lightening cream for 3-4 weeks before treatment is a must in most cases. Discuss with your doctor if you need it or not
- Wear a zipper or a button-up shirt on the day of treatment. Avoid any piece of clothing that must pass over your head for wearing or removal.
- Come to the clinic with a clean, wiped face, with no makeup or lotion on, not even a sunscreen
- Arrive at the clinic at least 1.5 hours before the scheduled appointment. The numbing cream will be applied to the face at least 30-45 minutes before the procedure.
How the procedure is performed?
- Your doctor will begin by cleansing the treatment area.
- A numbing cream is applied to the treatment area and left on for 30 to 45 minutes. Superficial skin resurfacing may not require numbing at all.
- A handheld device is then used to project fractional CO2 lasers in the treatment area.
- Fractional CO2 laser treatment is nothing but an advancement of the traditional CO2 laser skin resurfacing.
- The pulsating CO2 laser is fractionated into thousands of beams with microscopic space between them.
- The clinician keeps on flashing laser beams until the entire treatment area has been covered.
- Time taken varies from person to person depending upon the size of the treatment area. For example, treating an entire face takes anywhere between 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cold compresses may be applied to relieve post-procedural discomfort if any, but this is rare.
- The topical antibiotic will be applied to the treatment area, and this concludes the treatment.
Which Laser System is used for Fractional CO2 Treatment?
- Laser machine used for skin resurfacing at Laser Skincare Clinic in Dubai is DEKA Smartxide Fractional CO2 Laser.
Some common post-procedural instructions are:
- Strictly avoid sun exposure, both direct and indirect, for at least 2-3 weeks.
- Fresh skin that replaces the older one is highly sensitive. Prevent it from the harshness of weather.
- During day time apply a broad-spectrum sunblock with a sun protection factor (SPF) at least 40, regardless of whether you go out or not.
- Apply prescribed topical medications regularly.
- Use cold compresses to minimize any discomfort such as redness, itchiness or burning sensations.
- Be gentle to your skin and avoid rubbing or scrubbing your skin harshly.
- Do not pick at the scab. Let it come off automatically while you wash your face.
Results and Benefits
The treatment is highly effective and brings fantastic results. Some of the results can be seen right away after the treatment. However, final results from a session take time as collagen and elastin levels continue to go up. It can take weeks before one can see the full outcome of the treatment.
- They are very gentle and do not involve a great degree of pain or discomfort.
- There are many benefits of fractional CO2 treatment in Dubai. Some of them are:
- They are non-ablative in nature, and thus do not damage the outer layers of skin.
- The procedure is performed with topical anesthesia
- They have minimal downtime
- Fractional CO2 lasers offer a non-surgical alternative to Face Lift Surgery
- They do not have any serious side effects.
- Is it a one-time procedure? In order to derive the maximum benefit from Fractional CO2 Lasers in Abu Dhabi, it needs to be repeated a few times. The exact number of sessions needed depends on the condition being treated as well as the extent of the problem. Generally, five to six sessions are enough. Each session is performed after a gap of four to six weeks. It varies in individuals and can go both up and down.
- What is the downtime? For most people, there is no downtime. However, doctors recommend rest after the procedure which is a pretty good idea. Anyone who is getting treated for the first time should especially take a couple of days off from the work to allow the skin to recover and for better understanding what to expect after treatments in time to come.
- How Fractional CO2 lasers work? The fractionated beams penetrate into deeper layers of skin and cause microscopic wounds at a controlled rate while leaving the epidermis intact. The columns of space between fractionated beams remain undamaged. These undamaged columns initiate the healing process after the treatment. During the healing process, the damaged skin layers are replaced by fresh skin. Heat from lasers also causes the collagen and elastin to shrink. It also promotes the production of new collagen which helps keep skin smooth and supple.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
If you are looking for more information on Fractional Co2 Treatments in Dubai & Abu Dhabi or if you are looking to schedule a procedure, visit us at Laser Skin Care. You can also benefit from our free online consultation with experts. Just take a moment to fill in the form given below for this purpose.