Aging causes maximum skin deterioration, but it is not the only culprit to be blamed. Skin issues can affect a person at any stage of life. Undoubtedly, most of these problems are age-related. For example, fine lines and wrinkles, sagging skin, pigmentation problems like age spots, thinning of the skin, lesion formation, etc. Some skin issues are also caused by life events, such as puberty and pregnancy, which cause stretch marks. Moreover, acne breakouts cause acne scars, and excessive sun exposure causes melasma, freckles, and blemishes. Apart from these, early aging is also a common cause of concern these days. But the million-dollar question is: is there any cure? Fortunately, there is one solution for all these skin problems: Fractional Co2 Treatment in Dubai.
Fractional lasers are effective solutions with minimal or no downtime. The best thing about these lasers is that the results can be seen within a short time. It is an ideal skin rejuvenation treatment, equally beneficial for teens, grownups, adults, and aged people. Dermatologists in Dubai believe that it is an adequate skincare treatment that was introduced in the last decade.
Table of Contents
Aim of the Treatment
All skin rejuvenation treatments aim at beautifying the patient, and Fractional Co2 Laser treatment in Dubai is no different.
The treatment aims at:
- reversing aging signs and symptoms
- removing facial wrinkles
- tightening skin by stimulating collagen production
- enhancing complexion and skin tone
- treating and eliminating acne scars
- improving the appearance of surgical scars
Who is the ideal candidate?
Fractional Co2 Laser in Dubai can treat almost every skin condition. You are a candidate for this treatment if you have:
- Sagging skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Facial creases and etched expression lines (frown lines, crow’s feet, laugh lines)
- Pigmentation problems
- Freckles and blemishes
- Textural skin irregularities – large pores, rough skin, blackheads, etc.
- Acne scars or surgery scars
- Dull skin
- Stretch marks
Machine We Use
The DEKA Smartxide Fractional CO2 Laser is used for the Fractional CO2 Treatments.
Follow these instructions as you prepare for Fractional CO2 Treatment in Dubai:
- Discontinue using Retin-A ointment at least one week prior to the Fractional CO2 Resurfacing.
- Stop using blood-thinning medications, such as Aspirin and Ibuprofen, and supplements like fish oil & Vitamin E.
- Applying skin lightening cream for 3-4 weeks before treatment is a must in most cases. Discuss with your doctor whether you need it or not.
- Wear a zipper or a button-down shirt on the day of treatment. Avoid any piece of clothing that passes over your head for wearing or removal.
- Come to the clinic with a clean, wiped face, no makeup or lotion on, not even sunscreen.
- Arrive at the clinic at least 1.5 hours before the scheduled appointment. The numbing cream will be applied to the face at least 30-45 minutes before the procedure.
The step-by-step procedure for Fractional Co2 Laser in Dubai is as follows:
- Your doctor will begin by cleansing the treatment area.
- He/she will apply a numbing cream to the treatment area and leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes. Superficial skin resurfacing may not require numbing at all.
- Then, a handheld device is used to project fractional CO2 lasers to the treatment area.
- Fractional CO2 laser treatment is nothing but an advancement of the traditional CO2 laser skin resurfacing.
- The pulsating CO2 laser is fractionated into thousands of beams with microscopic space between them.
- The clinician keeps on flashing laser beams until the entire treatment area has been covered.
- Time taken varies from person to person depending upon the size of the treatment area. For example, treating an entire face takes anywhere between 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cold compresses may be applied to relieve post-procedural discomfort, if any, but it is rare.
- Lastly, the doctor will apply a topical antibiotic to the treatment area concluding the treatment.
Some standard post-procedural instructions for Fractional Co2 Laser Treatment in Dubai are as follows:
- Strictly avoid sun exposure, both direct and indirect, for at least 2-3 weeks.
- During the daytime, apply a broad-spectrum sunblock with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 40, regardless of going out or not.
- Fresh skin that replaces the older one is highly sensitive. So, keep it safe from the harshness of the weather.
- Apply prescribed topical medications regularly.
- Use cold compresses to minimize any discomfort, such as redness, itchiness, or burning sensations.
- Be gentle to your skin, and avoid rubbing or scrubbing it harshly.
- Do not pick at the scabs. Let it come off automatically while you wash your face.
Before and After Results
The Fractional Co2 Laser Treatment is highly effective and gives fantastic results. Some of the results can be seen right away after the treatment. However, final results from a session take time as collagen and elastin levels continue to go up. It can take weeks before one can see the full outcome of the treatment.
Some benefits of the treatment are mentioned below:
- The lasers are very gentle and do not involve a significant degree of pain or discomfort.
- They are non-ablative in nature and thus do not damage the outer layers of skin.
- The procedure is performed with topical anesthesia.
- They have minimal downtime.
- Fractional CO2 lasers offer a non-surgical alternative to Facelift Surgery.
- They do not have any severe side effects.
- The Fractional Co2 Laser price in Dubai is not very high.
Fractional CO2 Treatments FAQs
Is it a one-time procedure?
In order to derive maximum benefit from Fractional CO2 treatment in Dubai, it needs to be repeated a few times. The total number of sessions needed depends on the condition being treated, as well as the extent of the problem. Generally, five to six sessions are enough, and each session is performed after a gap of four to six weeks. However, this number varies for each individual and can go up and down.
What is the downtime?
For most people, there is no downtime after Fractional CO2 Laser in Dubai. However, doctors recommend rest after the procedure to let the skin adjust. If someone is getting treated for the first time, they should especially take a couple of days off work. It will allow the skin to recover, and patients can better understand what to expect after future treatments.
How Fractional CO2 lasers work?
The fractionated beams penetrate deeper layers of skin, causing microscopic wounds at a controlled rate, leaving the epidermis intact. The columns of space between fractionated beams remain undamaged. These undamaged columns initiate the healing process after the treatment. During the healing process, the damaged skin layers are replaced by fresh skin. Moreover, heat from lasers also causes collagen and elastin to shrink. It also promotes the production of new collagen, which helps keep skin smooth and supple.
What does a Fractional CO2 laser do?
The Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment is a non-surgical treatment that provides a lot of benefits. It treats a number of skin problems, such as acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, warts, stretch marks, etc. This treatment removes the outer skin layer without damaging the inner layers. Moreover, it stimulates collagen production, which helps rejuvenate the skin and make it look flawless.
Will CO2 laser tighten skin?
Skin tightening is one of the many things that a Fractional CO2 laser does. The CO2 laser works by stimulating collagen production within the skin. As a result of stimulated collagen, the skin becomes tighter and firmer.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are looking for more information on Fractional Co2 Treatment in Dubai or looking to schedule a procedure, visit us at Laser Skin Care. You can also benefit from online consultation with our experts. Just take a moment to fill in the form given below for this purpose.