Skin tags also known as ‘acrochordons’ are small, skin-colored growths on the skin’s surface. Normally their size ranges from 2-5 mm. They are also called fibroepithelial polyps and papillomas in scientific terms.
Initially, skin tags are soft but acquire a small balloon shape and harden with time. They are mostly found in teenagers and children.
Skin tags are not contagious, they can hinder your beauty. They appear mostly around the neck, below the stomach, and armpits.
Although they are harmless but can itch and bleed sometimes when rubbed frequently against jewelry and clothes. Most people want them removed for this reason. However, with Laser Skin Tag Removal in Dubai, it is possible to treat skin tags through laser and have beautiful smooth skin without surgery.
Skin tags are naturally occurring. No external causes are known till now, however following causes have been reported
- Family history of having skin tags
- Metabolic syndrome
Aim of the Treatment
The primary goal of Skin Tag Removal Dubai is to give patients smooth and bump-free skin. Moreover, it aims to:
- avoid pain and discomfort
- reduce the skin irritation caused by skin tags
- remove skin tags using excision, freezing, or burning
- ensure that the skin tags leave no trace behind after removal
Who is the ideal candidate?
Generally, an expert doctor determines whether someone is the right candidate for Laser Skin Tag Removal or not. However, anyone can be a candidate if they:
- want to get rid of the skin tags
- want a permanent cure for skin tags
- are looking for a painless solution to eliminate tags
- prefer a non-surgical solution for removing skin tags
Most skin tags are not harmful, and there is no need to be worried about their complications. They are generally painless and do not cause any discomfort. However, they may cause some inconvenience when twisted or rubbed. The aesthetic problem is evident because skin tags do not look good and represent a skin abnormality.
As a result, people start looking for a Skin Tag Removal Dubai treatment. Some treatments are painful, but the doctor will administer topical anesthesia to avoid pain and discomfort. The following skin tag removal techniques can be used in this regard:
- Oils, creams, and wart remover pads can be used at home to remove skin tags
- Bands and cotton swabs dipped in vinegar can remove small tags but should not be used for larger ones
- Freezing devices can be used
Some creams and oils have been reported to cause skin injuries, especially those containing salicylic acid
Used for small skin tags. Local anesthesia is not required. During the procedure, the doctor simply removes the tag with a small and sharp iris scissor. It is a quick and efficient method, and the person may experience mild pain after removal.
Larger tags are removed in this process. Anaesthesia is given so that the patient doesn’t feel any pain. Tags are removed by shaving them off or cutting them with a scissor, like in snip excision
Cryosurgery / Cryotherapy
- Also known as freezing.
- The skin cells in the tag are frozen ceasing their further growth. As a result, the skin tag dies and falls off in 10-14 days.
- Tags are frozen with the help of cryo tweezers or spraying from a cryo gun.
- Liquid nitrogen is used as a primary freezing agent.
- Takes less than 5 minutes to remove multiple tags from an area.
It is very effective and less painful. Tags on eyelids and other sensitive parts of the face are permanently removed after 3 treatments with a one-week gap between every two treatments.
- Burning the skin tissue with the help of an electric current.
- An electrode needle is inserted in the skin tag which deadens the skin cells inside
- This is quicker than other methods.
- A small band is applied to the base of the skin tag in this method
- The blood supply cuts off to the upper part of the tag, causing it to fall off on its own
- May cause pain and take a few days to finish
Technique we use
At Laser Skin Care Clinic we use professional laser devices to remove skin tags. Candela Gentlemax pro® uses dual wavelengths to remove vascular and pigmented tags effortlessly from the skin. The controlled laser beam destroys the skin tissues which in turn destroys the skin tags. On average 3 treatment sessions are needed.
It is essential to follow specific pre-treatment care instructions to ensure excellent results. Here are a few general pre-procedural instructions
- The doctor should inform the patient of any irritations and pain related to the treatment.
- If the patient is obese, they are recommended to lose weight to prevent further growth of skin tags and make the treatments more effective.
- You should not touch the skin tags excessively to avoid infections.
- Fill in all your prescriptions ahead of time.
- Apply any ointments prescribed by your doctor.
Skin Tag Removal in Dubai is a simple procedure that does not take more than half an hour. It comprises the following key steps
- Your skin is numbed using local anesthesia or with the help of numbing creams.
- A handheld laser device is placed close to the skin tag.
- Laser beams are allowed to target the skin tags.
- These beams eliminate skin tags in a single go without affecting the surrounding skin.
- It does not leave behind any unsightly marks.
- Cooling creams are applied on the surface of your skin which concludes the procedure.
Post-treatment care is an integral part of Skin Tag Removal Treatment in Dubai. It helps to avoid any complications and allows your skin to heal quickly.
Some general post-procedural guidelines are as follows
- Do not itch the treated region for a few days.
- Avoid wearing clothes or jewelry that might irritate the area
- Apply all the topical medications suggested by your doctor
- Use cold compressions if you experience any swelling or discomfort
The results of Skin Tag Removal Dubai are quick and permanent. Patients do not need to undergo a series of treatments. Moreover, it can eliminate skin tags in a single session, and patients do not have to undergo any maintenance treatments.
Skin Tag Removal Benefits
Skin Tag Removal Treatment can benefit a person in a variety of ways. Here is a list of the notable benefits:
- It removes visible skin tags, thereby making the skin smoother.
- The procedure eliminates the discomfort resulting from skin tags touching the clothing or jewelry.
- It removes the skin tag, thereby boosting patients’ self-esteem and confidence by delivering better looks.
- If the skin tag is located in areas that need to be shaved regularly, the person will have a good shaving experience after removing it.
Cost of Skin Tag Removal
The Skin Tag Removal Cost in Dubai may be different for different persons. The price depends on the following:
- treatment choice
- practitioner’s expertise
- location of the treatment facility
Although Laser Skin Care Clinic offers it at a reasonable cost, every patient has a different price. If you need to know the exact price in your case, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.
Schedule a Consultation
Before choosing to undergo any cosmetic treatment, patients must get an expert opinion. Laser Skin Care Clinic offers initial consultations with the leading dermatologists of the industry. Please fill out the online consultation form below to schedule an appointment with our top experts.