Acne scarring is a common skin problem caused by acne breakouts. These scars are unsightly and damage the overall appearance of a person. Fortunately, Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai has various Acne Scar treatments that can help to eliminate various types of scars efficiently. You can consult with a dermatologist for an individualized treatment plan at our clinic.
Laser Skin Surfacing has become a popular treatment for Acne Scars removal in Dubai due to the results it offers. Apart from this, other treatment options are also available to help you get rid of acne scars. These treatment options are non-invasive, and some are minimally invasive and generally need little to no downtime.
(Crux of this article on Acne Scar Treatment Web Story)
What are Acne Scars?
The scar develops due to the process of wound healing and tissue repair. Collagen production in the affected part goes into a hyperactive mode – your skin creates too much collagen(repair tissues), which results in excess skin fibers, forming a raised scar, it is also possible to have depressed or atrophic scars due to tissue loss.
- Acne scar is the result of inflammation of acne blemishes.
- The swelling of acne leads to a breakdown in the wall of the pore, which causes damage to the skin tissues.
- Some blemishes are small, and their scars are shallow, which may heal quickly.
- For deep and large scars, you will need a cosmetic procedure to get rid of the scar.
What are the types of Acne Scars?
There are different types of Acne scars, each one occurs due to a different set of reasons. Knowing these types helps determine the best treatment for acne scars.
Here is a quick overview of those types of acne scars:
- Atrophic scars: These scars result from cystic acne and appear as flat indentations. Normally, atrophic scars develop and heal under the top skin layer. These scars are further divided into a few more sub-types, which are differentiable based on their severity.
- Ice pick scars: These narrow indentations mainly appear on the cheeks and are generally the most stubborn. You may need to undergo aggressive treatment to get rid of these scars.
- Boxcar scars: These box-like depressions occur due to widespread acne and commonly appear on the lower cheeks.
- Rolling scars: These scars are characterized by acne marks contributing to an uneven skin texture.
- Hypertrophic and keloid scars: Although these scars are much like raised scars, they develop due to raised scar tissue in the area affected by acne breakout. The difference between these types of acne scars is based on how much area they cover. The size of a hypertrophic scar and its respective acne blemish is usually the same. But a keloid scar is much bigger than its acne spot.
Although these scars are unsightly, the good news is that not all are permanent. Even permanent scars are treatable with several treatment options available at Laser Skin Care Clinic for Acne Scars Removal in Dubai.
What are the causes of Acne Scars?
The acne scars are caused by blemishes of Acne. During the healing process of acne lesions, a pigmented mark may appear on your skin due to the loss or formation of tissues. Some types of acne scars result from tissue loss (such as atrophic scars), and other types result from excessive tissue formation (such as hypertrophic and keloid scars). Additionally, not every pimple necessarily results in scarring.
Who is the ideal candidate for Acne Scar Treatment?
Acne Scars Removal treatment in Dubai benefits anyone bothered by these unsightly scars. Generally, you are a good candidate for this treatment if you have:
- Mild Acne
- Moderate Acne
- Severe Nodulocystic Acne
- Acne Mechanica
- Acne Vulgaris
Patients need to follow some pre-procedure guidelines before undergoing Acne Scars Treatment.
Some general pre-treatment guidelines are:
- This statement is incorrect. Patients should avoid direct sunlight for at least 4-6 weeks before laser treatment.
- Use the prescribed skin-lightening creams/ointments as directed by the dermatologist.
- If you have been using Isotretinoin/Accutane to control acne, discontinue it.
- Have a good night’s sleep on the day before the treatment.
- Do not apply any cream or lotion to the face on the day of treatment.
Laser Acne Scars Removal Procedure
Laser scar removal involves using fractional CO2 laser or Laser Skin Resurfacing. Here is the step-by-step procedure involved in this treatment:
- The dermatologist applies a topical anesthetic solution to the treatment area 30 to 45 minutes before the procedure.
- During this procedure, the laser technician directs a laser beam onto the treatment area.
- This laser beam creates microscopic columns in the skin, inducing micro-inflammation.
- This necessary inflammation boosts collagen and elastin in the treatment site.
- At the same time, the old skin tissues crust away, exposing the underlying skin layer.
- The top skin layer exfoliation also reduces the appearance of acne scars significantly.
While laser skin resurfacing can be effective for treating certain types of acne scars, it may not work for everyone and can carry some risks and potential side effects. It is also not a guaranteed way to completely remove all acne scars.
Benefits of Laser Acne Scar Treatment
The ideal benefits of Laser Acne Scar Treatment in Dubai are
- It is a quick, safe, and effective procedure.
- The treatment has no extensive downtime.
- The results of laser skin resurfacing are natural
- The scarring subsides as the skin heals completely.
- It allows patients to have smooth and scar-free skin.
- Carefully adhering to pre-and post-procedural guidelines will help you steer clear of side effects.
- It shrinks large pores
- The problem of uneven skin tone can be addressed.
- It helps you get rid of acne blemishes.
While laser treatment can significantly reduce the appearance of acne scars, it is not a guarantee that all scars can be completely eliminated. Patients should have realistic expectations and discuss their treatment goals with a dermatologist.
Before and After Results
Patients must follow post-procedural instructions from their practitioner after acne scars laser treatment. Some general post-procedural instructions are as follows:
- Use ice packs to relieve any discomfort, pain, or itchiness.
- This statement is incorrect. Patients should avoid direct sunlight for at least 4-6 weeks after laser treatment.
- Keep the face generously moisturized to avoid any itching sensations.
- Avoid touching the face unnecessarily.
- Crusts may form in the treated areas. So, avoid picking or scratching the crust.
Other Treatment Options
Aside from laser treatment, many other acne scar treatments in Dubai are available to reduce and even remove the most stubborn acne scars. Retinoids for Acne are used to unclog the pores so that the creams and gels may work better on the skin.
At Laser Skin Care Clinic, we offer the following acne scar treatments:
Chemical Peels are
- One of the most commonly considered options to treat acne scars.
- It involves the application of a diluted acidic solution to the skin, which exfoliates the outermost damaged skin layer and boosts collagen levels.
- Nevertheless, chemical peels are helpful for mild acne scarring only.
- Microdermabrasion is a simple skin treatment for acne scars that uses a sandblaster-like machine to buff the top skin layer.
- The treatment stimulates the growth of the new skin layer that is free of spots and acne blemishes.
- This procedure also boosts collagen levels to make your skin firm and youthful.
Radiofrequency Treatment (RFT)
- Radiofrequency treatment for acne scars involves using pulsed waves that help create new skin, essentially without damaging the topmost skin layer.
- RFT waves heat the collagen in the underlying skin layers, resulting in the shrinking and tightening of the skin.
- These waves also stimulate collagen production in your skin to make it firmer and livelier.
How to treat Acne Scars on Dark Skin?
Treating Acne on Dark Skin can be tricky. Acne on dark skin can lead to Acne Kelenoids and hyperpigmentation. Keloids are raised patches of scarred skin, while hyperpigmentation is a skin condition in which spots of darker color appear on the skin.
Different types of scars may appear on dark skin, including:
The treatment for Acne scars on dark skin starts with topical solutions that are applied to the skin. These topical solutions help open clogged pores. Retinoids and benzoyl peroxide are effective for exfoliating the skin and opening blocked pores.
It is advised to consult a dermatologist who can determine the best cream for pimple marks and dark spots after a visual inspection of the skin condition.
American Society of dermatology suggests treating Acne at its early stages to reduce the chances of acne scarring.
Along with the previously discussed treatments, Acne scars on dark skin can be treated with:
Dermal fillers are injected into the affected area to plump the skin and fill the dips.
Microneedling can also be used to create punctures in the skin, stimulating collagen production and improving skin appearance.
Acne Scar Treatment Cost in Dubai
The starting cost of Acne Scar treatment in Dubai is 1,000 AED
The cost depends on the following factors:
- Clinic’s location
- Type of facility
- Type of skin and scar
- Duration of the treatment session
The most effective ways to treat acne scars in Dubai include: Acne scars are permanent in the sense that they usually do not go away on their own. Generally, these scars are formed due to excess skin fibers produced when acne spots heal. However, the good news is acne scars treatment is possible with several home-based and clinical methods. Acne scars result from inflamed blemishes developed due to enlarged pores filled with bacteria, dead skin cells, and excess oil. This skin condition is characterized by pore swelling, which gives acne scars a prominent appearance. While small lesions are not a cause of concern, large spots change your appearance permanently. Laser resurfacing is the best acne scar removal treatment due to its better overall efficacy minus the side effects. This treatment exfoliates the top skin layer, promoting a less-scarred, fresh skin layer. On top of that, a laser resurfacing procedure is generally followed by a quicker recovery duration. Although one laser procedure wouldn't remove acne entirely, this treatment helps significantly reduce those scars' appearance. In fact, laser treatments available today make acne scars almost invisible. Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai has the most advanced machines and well experienced staff to cure acne Scars. We are located at 611 Jumeirah St, Suite # 1A - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
How to get rid of acne scars?
Laser skin resurfacing
All these treatments are non-surgical and require little to no downtime.
Are acne scars permanent?
What causes acne scars?
Which treatment is best for the removal of acne scars?
How is laser effective for acne scars?
What is best Acne Scar treatment near me?
The most effective ways to treat acne scars in Dubai include:
Acne scars are permanent in the sense that they usually do not go away on their own. Generally, these scars are formed due to excess skin fibers produced when acne spots heal. However, the good news is acne scars treatment is possible with several home-based and clinical methods.
Acne scars result from inflamed blemishes developed due to enlarged pores filled with bacteria, dead skin cells, and excess oil. This skin condition is characterized by pore swelling, which gives acne scars a prominent appearance. While small lesions are not a cause of concern, large spots change your appearance permanently.
Laser resurfacing is the best acne scar removal treatment due to its better overall efficacy minus the side effects. This treatment exfoliates the top skin layer, promoting a less-scarred, fresh skin layer. On top of that, a laser resurfacing procedure is generally followed by a quicker recovery duration.
Although one laser procedure wouldn't remove acne entirely, this treatment helps significantly reduce those scars' appearance. In fact, laser treatments available today make acne scars almost invisible.
Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai has the most advanced machines and well experienced staff to cure acne Scars. We are located at 611 Jumeirah St, Suite # 1A - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Schedule a Consultation
For more information about Acne Scars Treatment in Dubai, visit us at Laser Skin Care Clinic. You can also sign up for online consultation with our experts by filling in the consultation form below. Or, you can call us on the phone or visit our clinic to get guidance from our staff representatives.