Melasma is a skin condition characterized by grey-brown pigmentation patches on the face, particularly on the cheeks and nose. It is caused by an increased concentration of melanin in the skin. Hyperpigmentation is a fairly common skin trouble that many people face. Melasma is one of those conditions that particularly affect women.
Also known as the mask of pregnancy, melasma marks generally take a round shape. They can be caused as a result of pregnancy, use of birth control pills, excessive sun exposure without any protection and due to hormonal imbalances. Do not worry as Melasma Treatment in Dubai will cure your skin worries permanently.
Who is the Right Candidate?
Irregular skin pigmentation caused by melasma generally appears as dark brown spots on cheeks and nose. Anyone can benefit from melasma treatment as long as he or she is bothered by the darkening of the facial skin. You are a candidate if:
- You are at least 18 years old or above
- You are bothered by the skin tone changes caused by melasma
- You have a good general health
- You have realistic expectations from the treatment
The Machine We Use
At Laser Skin Care Clinic, we use DEKA Smartxide Fractional CO2 Laser for skin resurfacing and melasma treatment in Dubai.
Goals of Melasma Treatment
Like any pigmentation treatment, melasma treatment in Dubai also aims at helping you restore your natural skin tone or even get a complexion fairer than the one you had previously. But it is important that you have realistic expectations from the treatment.
Follow these tips when gearing up for Melasma treatment in Dubai to make sure you get exactly what you are paying for:
- Protect yourself against sun exposure. Apply strong sunscreen and wear a wide-brimmed hat when going out in sun.
- Discontinue applying topical Retin A to the treatment areas a week before melasma treatment.
- Quit smoking and drinking three days before the procedure.
- Avoid any form of tanning, including sun tanning, sauna baths and use of tanning lotions.
- It is a nice idea to use skin lightening ointments. Discuss with your physician.
- Do not wear any makeup while coming to the clinic.
There are numerous options that you can benefit from for Melasma Treatment in Dubai.
are often used as the first aid treatment for initial symptoms of melasma. Ointments with kojic acid, azelaic acid, and hydroquinone as their active ingredients are recommended by the dermatologists for treating hyperpigmentation problems. The idea is to inhibit the production of melanin to even out the skin tone. Consistent long term usage is needed to achieve the desired results.
They are acidic solutions that are applied to the skin for the purpose of resurfacing it. A few applications can get the job done and completely remove the unwanted spots. This Melasma treatment in Dubai has minimum side effects and generally no downtime. It also improves existing collagen in the skin and stimulates new collagen production.
It works by exfoliating the skin with the help of tiny crystals. A few sessions of this minimally invasive treatment are needed for the desired even complexion. Side effects are minimal and there is no downtime whatsoever.
Intense Pulsed Light(IPL)
It is highly effective Treatment for Melasma in Dubai and other parts of the UAE. A broad spectrum light is used in very specific wavelengths for the purpose of breaking down the accumulated melanin deposits into smaller bits. The body can then easily remove these bits. IPL is noninvasive and almost free from pain.
Laser treatment in Dubai
The energy from laser beams heats up the pigmentation buildups, causing them to break down so that the body can remove them with ease. It is a virtually painless treatment with no serious side effects. The treatment also boosts elastin and collagen levels in the skin.
We also provide dark circles treatment in dubai which is caused by Melasma.
Taking care of the treated areas is crucial to get desired results and prevent any further damage. Here are some dos and don’ts that you have to follow after melasma treatment in Dubai:
- Immediately after the treatment apply antibiotic ointment recommended by the doctor
- Use ice packs to minimize any redness, swelling or itching in the treated areas
- Do not rub or massage the treatment site for a week at least
- Keep treated areas adequately moisturized
- Avoid touching your face unnecessarily
- Do not expose treated areas to direct sunlight for a couple of months at least after the session
- Generously apply broad-spectrum sunscreen lotion to the face before going out during daytime
- Do not pick or scratch at the scab that forms after melasma treatment.
Results & Benefits
- You will notice an instant improvement in your skin tone after Melasma treatment in Dubai.
- Final results will take some time to become apparent.
- Multiple sessions will be required to achieve the desired results.
- All these melasma treatments are virtually non-invasive and painless.
- It does not involve any serious side effects; given you follow the post-procedural instructions.
- It is a lunchtime procedure that does not involve any downtime. You can resume your routine activities immediately after the treatment.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION
We have recently expanded our services to other states of the UAE as well. We are also offering Melasma Treatment in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah at highly competitive rates, without compromising the quality of the procedure.
To learn more about the Treatments for Melasma in Dubai or to schedule a procedure anywhere in the UAE, visit us at Laser Skin Care Clinic. You can also sign up for a free online consultation with our experts. Just take a minute and fill in the below-given form.