Hyperpigmentation is a fairly common skin trouble that many people face. Melasma is a type of hyperpigmentation characterized by grey-brown pigmentation patches on the face, particularly on the cheeks and nose. When melanin concentration increases in the skin, it causes melasma. Moreover, pregnancy, birth control pills, excessive sun exposure, and hormonal imbalances can also cause melasma. Although it is common among both men and women, Melasma mainly affects women and is also known as the mask of pregnancy. However, with Melasma Treatment Dubai, we can easily cure several skin problems.
Table of Contents
Aim of the Treatment
Like any pigmentation treatment, Melasma Treatment in Dubai also aims to help patients restore their natural skin tone. Moreover, it helps achieve a complexion fairer than the one they already have. However, it only works if patients have realistic expectations from the treatment.
Who is the ideal candidate?
Irregular skin pigmentation caused by melasma generally appears as dark brown spots on the cheeks and nose. Anyone can be the ideal candidate for the best melasma treatment in Dubai as long as hyperpigmentation bothers them. Anyone can be a candidate if they:
- are at least 18 years old or above
- are bothered by the skin tone changes caused by melasma
- want to get rid of hyperpigmentation
- have a good general health
- have realistic expectations from the treatment
Machine We Use
At Laser Skin Care Clinic, we use Medica PICO Laser for Melasma Hyperpigmentation Treatment in Dubai.
Follow these tips when gearing up for treatment of Melasma in Dubai to achieve optimum results:
- Protect yourself against sun exposure. Apply strong sunscreen and wear a wide-brimmed hat when going out in the sun.
- Discontinue applying topical Retin A to the treatment areas at least a week before the treatment.
- Avoid all forms of tanning, including sun tanning, sauna baths, as well as tanning lotions.
- Skin-lightening ointments help improve the treatment results. So, consult with your doctor and use prescribed skin-lightening creams.
- Do not wear any makeup when coming to the clinic on the day of the treatment.
There are numerous options that you can benefit from for Melasma Treatment Dubai. Some of these are as follows:
Many practitioners recommend using topical creams as the first aid treatment for initial symptoms of melasma. Dermatologists usually recommend ointments with kojic acid, azelaic acid, and hydroquinone for treating hyperpigmentation problems. The idea is to inhibit the production of melanin to even out the skin tone. However, patients need to be consistent and use these creams for a long time in order to achieve the desired results.
If you are wondering how to remove melasma, consider chemical peels. They are acidic solutions applied to the skin to resurface it. A few applications can get the job done and altogether remove the unwanted spots. This Melasma treatment has minimum side effects and generally no downtime. Moreover, it improves existing collagen in the skin and stimulates new collagen production.
Wondering how to remove melasma pigmentation on the face? Consider Microdermabrasion. It works by exfoliating the skin with the help of tiny crystals. However, in order to achieve the desired results, patients need a few sessions of this minimally invasive treatment. Moreover, side effects are minimal, and there is no downtime whatsoever.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
It is a highly effective Melasma treatment in Dubai that uses broad-spectrum light in particular wavelengths to break the accumulated melanin deposits into smaller bits. The body can then easily remove these bits. IPL is non-invasive and almost pain-free.
The energy from laser beams heats the pigmentation buildups, causing them to break down so that the body can remove them with ease. It is a virtually painless treatment with no severe side effects. The treatment also boosts elastin and collagen levels in the skin.
We also provide Dark Circles Treatment in Dubai which is caused by Melasma.
Taking care of the treated areas is crucial to get desired results and prevent further damage after Melasma Treatment Dubai. Here are some dos and don’ts that patients must follow after the treatment:
- Immediately after the treatment, apply antibiotic ointment recommended by the doctor.
- Use ice packs to minimize any redness, swelling, or itching in the treated areas.
- Do not rub or massage the treatment site for a week at least.
- Keep treated areas adequately moisturized.
- Avoid touching your face unnecessarily.
- Do not expose treated areas to direct sunlight for a couple of months, at least after the session.
- Generously apply broad-spectrum sunscreen lotion to the face before going out during the daytime.
- Do not pick or scratch at the scab that forms after melasma treatment.
Before and After Results
Melasma Hyperpigmentation Treatment has the following benefits:
- Patients will notice an instant improvement in their skin tone after the treatment.
- Final results take some time to become apparent, but they are worthwhile.
- Multiple sessions will be required to achieve the desired results.
- Melasma treatments are virtually non-invasive and painless.
- It does not involve any severe side effects, given patients follow the post-procedural instructions.
- It is a lunchtime procedure that does not involve any downtime. Patients can resume their routine activities immediately after the treatment.
Schedule a Consultation
We are offering Melasma Treatment in Dubai at highly competitive rates, without compromising the procedure’s quality. To learn more about the treatments for Melasma or to schedule a procedure, visit us at Laser Skin Care Clinic. You can also sign up for online consultation with our experts. Just take a minute and fill in the below-given form.