Melasma is a skin problem in which dark spots and patches appear on your face. These spots are darker than the usual skin tone, and unnecessary sun exposure may worsen the condition.
The best thing is, Melasma treatments at Laser Skin Care Clinic can help you get rid of the dark patches. The trained practitioners and expert dermatologists are all set to help you have a spot-free face.
What is Melasma?
Melasma is a skin disorder in which blue-gray, brown, or tan pigmentation patches appear on the face. Melasma is caused by increased skin melanin, pregnancy, birth control pills, excessive sun exposure, and hormonal imbalances. Although it is common among men and women, Melasma mainly affects women and is also known as the mask of pregnancy.
Melasma spots may appear in the following areas:
Less common body areas are:
Before and After Results
Before and after results of the procedure will help you understand what Melasma is like and how the procedure helps you overcome the problem.
Benefits of Melasma Treatment
- Patients will notice an instant improvement in their skin tone after the treatment.
- Final results may take some time, but they are worthwhile.
- Multiple sessions will be required to achieve the desired results.
- Melasma laser treatments are virtually non-invasive and painless.
- It does not involve any severe side effects, given patients follow the post-procedural instructions.
- It is a lunchtime procedure that does not involve any downtime. Patients can resume their routine activities immediately after the treatment.
What are the causes of Melasma?
- Hormonal imbalance: An increase in estrogen results in Melasma. For this reason, skin condition is more common in women.
- Pregnancy: Almost 70% of pregnant women are affected by melasma due to increased estrogen and progesterone.
- Skin Complexion: People with olive and medium skin tones are more prone to this skin condition than people with very light or very dark skin.
- Sun Exposure: Unnecessary exposure to the sun may trigger the symptoms of Melasma
Other causes of Melasma may include:
- Birth control pills
- Thyroid disorder
- Low-quality skin products.
What are the signs & symptoms of Melasma?
The most obvious symptom of Melasma is Brown spots on the face. It usually occurs in the form of brown or grey-brown spots with well-defined borders. They are usually symmetrical.
Melasma is divided into the following categories.
- Melasma occurs in the form of hyperpigmentation in the central Facial region.
- Melasma is present around the upper lip and under the nose.
- Melasma pigmentation is also focused on the nose.
Aim of the Treatment
Like any pigmentation treatment, Melasma Treatment in Dubai also aims to help patients restore their natural skin tone. Moreover, it helps achieve a complexion fairer than the one they already have. However, it only works if patients have realistic expectations from the treatment.
Diagnosis of Melasma
At Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai, our dermatologists can detect and diagnose melasma through visual examination. The depth of Melasma is measured under the lamp, and the treatment is suggested for the patient. To rule out any other skin condition, the doctor may prescribe a biopsy.
Who is the ideal candidate?
Irregular skin pigmentation caused by melasma generally appears as dark brown spots on the cheeks and nose. Anyone can be the ideal candidate for the best melasma treatment in Dubai if hyperpigmentation bothers them.
Anyone can be a candidate if they:
- are at least 18 years old or above
- are bothered by the skin tone changes caused by melasma
- want to get rid of hyperpigmentation
- have a good general health
- have realistic expectations from the treatment
Machine We Use
At Laser Skin Care Clinic, we use Medica PICO Laser for Melasma Hyperpigmentation Treatment in Dubai.
- It is a non-invasive laser technology that can be used to perform various skin procedures.
- The machine is regarded as one of the most advanced laser technologies that can deliver efficient results in fewer sessions with no downtime.
- The laser works by sending ultra-short pulses of energy.
- The treatments are targeted, and the damage to adjacent skin is minimum.
- The treatment carried out through this laser has zero to no side effects.
Follow these tips when gearing up for treatment of Melasma in Dubai to achieve optimum results:
- Protect yourself against sun exposure. Apply strong sunscreen and wear a wide-brimmed hat when going out in the sun.
- Discontinue applying topical Retin A to the treatment areas at least a week before the treatment.
- Avoid all forms of tanning, including sun tanning, sauna baths, as well as tanning lotions.
- Skin-lightening ointments help improve the treatment results. So, consult with your doctor and use prescribed skin-lightening creams.
- Do not wear any makeup when coming to the clinic on the day of the treatment.
Treatment Options for Melasma
There are numerous options that you can benefit from for Melasma Treatment Dubai. Some of these are as follows:
Many practitioners recommend using topical creams as the first aid treatment for initial symptoms of melasma. Dermatologists usually recommend ointments with kojic acid, azelaic acid, and hydroquinone for treating hyperpigmentation problems. The idea is to inhibit the production of melanin to even out the skin tone. However, patients must consistently use these creams for a long time to achieve the desired results.
If you are wondering how to remove melasma, consider chemical peels. They are acidic solutions applied to the skin to resurface it. A few applications can get the job done and altogether remove unwanted spots. This Melasma treatment has minimum side effects and generally no downtime. Moreover, it improves existing collagen in the skin and stimulates new collagen production.
Wondering how to remove melasma pigmentation on the face? Consider Microdermabrasion. It works by exfoliating the skin with the help of tiny crystals. However, to achieve the desired results, patients need a few sessions of this minimally invasive treatment. Moreover, side effects are minimal, and there is no downtime whatsoever.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
It is a highly effective Melasma treatment in Dubai that uses broad-spectrum light in particular wavelengths to break the accumulated melanin deposits into smaller bits. The body can then easily remove these bits. IPL is non-invasive and almost pain-free.
The energy from laser beams heats the pigmentation buildups, causing them to break down so that the body can remove them easily. It is a virtually painless treatment with no severe side effects. The treatment also boosts elastin and collagen levels in the skin. Dark circles around the eyes caused by melasma can also be cured through lasers.
Taking care of the treated areas is crucial to get desired results and prevent further damage after Melasma Treatment Dubai. Here are some dos and don’ts that patients must follow after the treatment:
- Immediately after the treatment, apply the antibiotic ointment recommended by the doctor.
- Use ice packs to minimize any redness, swelling, or itching in the treated areas.
- Do not rub or massage the treatment site for a week at least.
- Keep treated areas adequately moisturized.
- Avoid touching your face unnecessarily.
- Do not expose treated areas to direct sunlight for a couple of months, at least after the session.
- Generously apply broad-spectrum sunscreen lotion to the face before going out during the daytime.
- Do not pick or scratch at the scab that forms after melasma treatment.
Cost of Melasma treatment in Dubai
The starting price of Melasma treatment in Dubai is 1500 AED. Cost determinant factors for Melasma treatments are:
- The severity of skin condition
- Treatment techniques used to cure the condition
- The number of sessions required.
- Expertise and qualification of the practitioner
- Location and facilities of the center.
Melasma Treatment FAQs
Which doctor is best for melasma?
It is best to see a dermatologist if you notice uneven skin tone. At Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai, we have expert dermatologists who are well trained to detect Melasma through visual detection. Once the depth of Melasma is determined, the most appropriate treatment can be suggested.
Can I permanently cure Melasma?
Melasma can be cured through appropriate treatment, regular care, and time. Protecting the skin from direct sunlight is important after the treatment. The results of treatment will start appearing gradually and Melasma will fade away.
What laser treatment is best for melasma?
Laser treatments are good options for treating Melasma, q-switched Nd: YAG laser is considered the best laser treatment option for Melasma.
Is melasma cancerous?
Melasma is not cancerous, it is a skin condition that may turn into cancer if not treated on time. There are some skin cancers that look like Melasma, therefore, it is important to see an expert dermatologist as soon as you observe an uneven skin tone.
How do you stop melasma from spreading?
The key to preventing melasma from spreading is to use prescribed medication and taking proper care of the affected area. The dermatologist may prescribe medication to prevent the spread and it is important to follow the directions given by the dermatologist. Avoiding sun exposure, even on cloudy days is the basic care for preventing Melasma from spreading.
Schedule a Consultation
We are offering Melasma Treatment in Dubai at highly competitive rates, without compromising the procedure’s quality. To learn more about the treatments for Melasma or to schedule a procedure, visit us at Laser Skin Care Clinic. You can also sign up for online consultation with our experts. Just take a minute and fill in the below-given form.