Skin lightening or skin whitening refers to any treatment that aims to lighten the skin color. The skin may develop dark spots due to excessive melanin production – a substance in your body that decides the skin color.
Skin whitening treatments involve topical solutions, laser treatments, or other exfoliating techniques to control melanin concentration. This gives an even tone to your skin and whitens it.
For this reason, skin whitening treatments in Dubai continue to remain high in demand.
A lot of research has been put into skin-lightening methods. As a result, these treatments have become more effective for almost all men and women who want to improve their skin complexion.
- Controls melanin concentration to Whiten the skin.
- Improves dull textures, pigmented skin, dark patches, and Skin darkness to give you a youthful glow.
- A lunch-hour treatment can be performed in 45-60 minutes.
- Non-invasive procedure and does not involve anesthesia.
- Other Skin whitening treatment options include Dermabrasion, Microdermabrasion, Chemical peels, and Topical treatments.
What is Laser Skin Whitening?
Laser Skin whitening in Dubai is a cosmetic procedure that uses a laser beam to whiten the skin. A typical skin-lightening treatment works either by removing the top layer of skin or damaging the cells that produce melanin. While melanin exists everywhere on the body in a naturally even distribution, a higher concentration of melanin leads to a darker skin tone.
Modern-day Laser skin whitening treatments are safer and more effective than ever.
Skin conditions that can be treated with Laser Skin Whitening
- Pigmentation in different skin areas.
- Dull textures.
- Dark patches.
- Skin’s darkness.
- Acne prone Skin.
- Sunburns or skin damage.
- Age spots.
Who is the Right Candidate?
Skin whitening is an ideal option for anyone seeking an even and lighter skin tone. Generally, you are all set to undergo this treatment if you
- Are not pregnant.
- Are not breastfeeding.
- Wish to achieve an even skin tone.
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Have pigmented marks on your face.
- Want to lighten your complexion.
Results of Skin Whitening Treatment
Laser skin whitening treatment in Dubai delivers long-lasting results. You will immediately notice a massive change in your skin tone after a few sessions of Laser skin whitening treatment. At the end of this treatment, you will have healthy, lightened, and glowing skin.
Which Machine is used?
At Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai, we use Erbium YAG (Er: YAG) laser to perform skin whitening treatment.
The machine produces a laser beam that is absorbed by melanin. This laser beam targets the excessive melanin without damaging the surrounding skin. As a result, you get white skin that is spot free.
What to Expect Before, During and After Skin Whitening Treatment:
Laser Skin whitening is a complication-free procedure. Here is what laser skin whitening treatment consists of
Here is a list of some pre-procedural care measures you must follow before undergoing Skin whitening treatment in Dubai:
- Ensure that you strictly use your dermatologist-prescribed topical ointments to prepare your skin for the laser skin whitening procedure.
- Stop using Retin-A a week before treatment, or continue only with your doctor’s approval.
- Discuss your medication with a physician If you take any blood-thinning drugs, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, beta-blockers, or Vitamin E supplements.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly before going for treatment.
Laser Skin Whitening is a simple procedure that hardly takes 45-60 minutes. Skin whitening in Dubai is a lunchtime procedure, after which you can return to work immediately.
- The doctor will start by cleansing the treatment area and applying a cooling gel.
- In the Second step of the procedure, a laser beam will be directed to the treatment area. This laser beam gets absorbed into the water, hemoglobin, and melanin in the skin.
- The laser energy is converted into heat, which destroys the cells that produce excessive melanin.
Besides removing dark spots, this treatment also helps shrink enlarged pores and improve overall skin texture.
Generally, Laser Skin whitening treatment takes only a few minutes to treat small dark spots. On the other hand, pigments on larger areas like the entire face and neck may take up to an hour to dissolve.
Be sure to adhere to the following post-procedure care regimen after the Skin whitening treatment in Dubai.
- After laser skin whitening treatment, there may be some pain, redness, and swelling in the treated area. So, it is better to use cold compresses to relieve pain and other symptoms.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 2-3 months. Be sure to use sunscreen if you have to go out in the sun.
- Do not pick at the scab, or you may end up with permanent scarring.
- Moisturize treated areas three times a day.
- Avoid massaging the treated region for at least a couple of weeks.
Recovery and Side effects
It takes 1-2 weeks for the skin to completely recover from laser skin whitening treatment. The skin may get red and swollen, but do not worry; these side effects will go away on their own.
The side effects of Laser skin whitening may include:
To speed up your recovery, you should wash your face regularly and apply aloe vera to soothe the treated area. Avoid picking scabs or crusts that develop on the treated area. When going out, apply sunscreen to the treated area.
Some of the benefits of Skin Whitening Dubai-based laser treatment are as follows:
- It is a non-invasive and overall safe treatment.
- No anesthesia is required before treatment. Generally, a numbing solution is sufficient.
- It is a quick procedure that hardly takes 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the treatment area.
- You will experience little to no discomfort during the skin whitening treatment procedure.
- Due to its customizability, this treatment can help address all your concerns regarding skin tone.
You will notice a significant improvement in your skin tone right after the treatment. However, you may need to undergo multiple treatment sessions – generally five to seven – to achieve the desired results.
Other Treatment Options
If laser Skin whitening treatment is not your thing, you can opt for other treatment options. A dermatologist can best guide you on which treatment is more appropriate for you.
Here are a couple of brilliant skin-whitening options to brighten your skin.
Microdermabrasion involves the use of a handheld device that blasts tiny crystals or uses an abrasive attachment to ‘sand’ the problematic skin area. Microdermabrasion helps reveal healthy and brighter skin underneath a superficial layer consisting of excess dead skin cells.
Dermabrasion is a skin resurfacing procedure that can be performed for skin whitening. In the procedure, a rotating device is used to remove the topmost layer of skin. The revealing skin looks fresh and vibrant and has lesser dark patches.
Chemical peeling is another effective treatment for skin whitening in Dubai. This treatment involves applying diluted acidic solutions on the skin to peel off the damaged skin layers. This procedure also targets uneven tone, revealing clear and brighter-toned skin.
Topical treatments include the application of creams that contain bleaching agents. These topical solutions can be applied to the affected area for skin whitening. However, these creams have several side effects, and experts do not recommend their use in the long run.
Cost of Skin Whitening
The starting cost of skin whitening treatment is 1,000 AED.
Several factors can impact the exact cost of treatment. These factors include the
- Treatment type.
- Size of the treatment area.
- Amount of pigmentation.
- The number of required Sessions.
We recommend discussing these factors with one of our dermatologists. This will help you better understand the most suitable procedure and treatment costs.
Skin Whitening FAQs
Which treatment is best for skin whitening?
The answer to this question lies in the accurate diagnosis of your pigmentation problem. But generally, laser skin whitening ticks the most checks when it comes to fulfilling patients’ requirements. This treatment method dissolves skin pigmentation at different levels to give you evenly toned skin fairness.
Is Skin Whitening treatment painful?
None of the skin whitening methods used at Laser Skin Care Clinic involve surgery. While some techniques might be a tiny bit invasive, all of them cause little to no discomfort. In general, the best skin whitening in Dubai causes some redness and swelling that usually subside in a few days.
Why does skin get darker with age?
The dark patches developed on the skin with age are known as “age spots” or lentigines. These dark pigmented patches occur due to constant sun exposure. Melanin content in the skin absorbs ultraviolet energy from sun rays, making a pigmented area look even darker. This absorption also leads to an overall dark complexion.
Does brightening mean whitening?
No, skin brightening and whitening are two different things. Skin brightening adds a natural glow to your skin to promote a rejuvenated appearance. On the other hand, skin whitening involves bleaching, which reduces the dark pigment to make your skin lighter-colored than before treatment.
Is skin whitening safe?
Skin whitening treatments are safe and effective, given that these are provided at the hands of experienced dermatologists.
Which is better skin lightening or whitening?
Both treatments are viable, depending on your needs or preferences. Skin lightening refers to the process of using options that lighten the dark spots on your skin. The purpose of this treatment is to give you a more even skin tone. Skin whitening, in contrast, involves bleaching that whitens your skin color. What matters the most is you get the treatment of your choice from a skilled dermatologist.
Schedule a Consultation
Do you want to get a skin whitening treatment to lighten your skin tone and add glow to it? Laser Skin Care Clinic is the resource to visit. We have a team of highly skilled dermatologists with the best equipment at their disposal to perform permanent skin whitening treatment in Dubai. If you have any questions, fill out the form below to schedule an appointment with one of our dermatologists.