Different cultures have different beauty standards, among which glowing and bright skin is most common. People want to have a more radiant complexion regardless of age and gender. For this reason, skin whitening treatment in Dubai continues to remain high in demand.
A lot of research has been put into skin lightening methods. As a result, these treatments have become more effective for almost all men and women who want to improve their skin complexion.
Table of Contents
What is Skin Whitening?
Skin whitening in Dubai is a cosmetic procedure aimed at reducing dark spots to improve skin tone. A typical treatment for skin lightening minimizes the amount of melanin content in the skin. Melanin is a pigment responsible for the dark color of the hair, eyes, and skin. While this pigment exists everywhere on the body in a naturally even distribution, a higher melanin concentration makes the skin look darker.
Fortunately, several treatments for skin lightening in Dubai are available to help dissolve excess melanin in a particular skin area. Even better, modern-day skin whitening treatments are safer and more effective than ever.
In general, skin whitening treatments available nowadays can treat the following problems permanently.
- Pigmentation in different skin areas
- Dark patches
- Skin’s darkness and dullness
- Sunburns or skin damage
Who is the Right Candidate?
Skin whitening is an ideal option for anyone seeking an even and lighter skin tone. Generally, you are all set to undergo this treatment if you:
- Are not pregnant.
- Are not breastfeeding
- Wish to achieve an even skin tone
- Are at least 18 years old
- Have pigmented marks on your face
- Want to lighten your complexion
Laser for Skin Whitening
Laser Skin Whitening in Dubai is undoubtedly ahead of most of the other options to lighten pigmented skin. This option is safer and more effective than most other treatments, despite the common perception of the laser as a destructive element. In the case of skin whitening, a laser beam behaves quite the opposite of its widespread definition.
It is worth noting the laser beam used for skin lightening doesn’t deviate from its primary function: destroying targeted cells. However, the type of machine used during laser treatment for skin whitening in Dubai works on specific settings to generate a laser beam of a particular wavelength. These specifications prevent the light beam from targeting any skin cells other than the pigmented ones.
Which Machine is Used?
We use ASCLEPION Erbium Yag Laser, which is the best laser for skin whitening available. This machine produces a laser beam that absorbs only into a specific skin pigment. Hence, you can achieve desired results without causing any damage to surrounding skin areas.
What to Expect
Laser skin whitening is a straightforward procedure that remains complication-free from its pre-procedural phase to the completion of its entire recovery duration. Here is what this treatment entails.
Here is a list of some pre-procedural care measures you must follow before undergoing Skin whitening treatment in Dubai:
- Ensure that you strictly use your dermatologist-prescribed topical ointments to prepare your skin for the laser skin whitening procedure.
- Stop using Retin-A one week before treatment, or continue only with your doctor’s approval.
- Discuss your medication with a physician If you take any blood-thinning drugs, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, beta-blockers, or Vitamin E supplements.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly before going for treatment.
This treatment is based on a simple procedure that hardly takes 45-60 minutes. Skin whitening in Dubai is a lunchtime procedure, after which you can return to work immediately. Here is what the laser procedure for skin whitening entails:
- The doctor will start by cleansing the treatment area, followed by the application of a cooling gel.
- Then, they will direct a laser beam to the treatment area.
- This laser beam gets absorbed into the water, hemoglobin, and melanin in the skin.
- Then, the laser energy transforms into heat to destroy excess melanin.
- Besides removing dark spots, this treatment also helps shrink enlarged pores and improve overall skin texture.
- Generally, this treatment takes only a few minutes to treat small dark spots. On the other hand, pigments on larger areas like the entire face and neck may take up to an hour to dissolve.
Be sure to adhere to the following post-procedure care regimen after the Skin whitening treatment in Dubai.
- After laser skin whitening treatment, there may be some pain, redness, and swelling in the treated area. So, it is better to use cold compresses to relieve pain and other symptoms.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 2-3 months. Be sure to use sunscreen if you have to go out in the sun.
- Do not pick at the scab, or you may end up with permanent scarring.
- Moisturize treated areas three times a day.
- Avoid massaging the treated region for at least a couple of weeks.
Results of Skin Whitening Treatment:
Laser skin whitening treatment in Dubai delivers long-lasting results. You will immediately notice a massive change in your skin tone after a few sessions of skin whitening treatment. At the end of this treatment, you will have healthy, lightened, and glowing skin.
Some of the benefits of Skin Whitening Dubai-based laser treatment are as follows:
- It is a non-invasive and overall safe treatment.
- No anesthesia is required before treatment. Generally, only a numbing solution is sufficient.
- It is a quick and straightforward procedure that hardly takes 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the treatment area.
- You will experience little to no discomfort with this procedure.
- Due to its customizability, this treatment can help address all your concerns regarding skin tone.
- You will notice a significant improvement in your skin tone right after the treatment. However, you may need to undergo multiple treatment sessions – generally five to seven – to achieve the desired results.
Other Treatment Options
If laser treatment is not your thing, you can consider other skin whitening treatment options, some of which are proven highly effective. A dermatologist can best guide you on which treatments are more appropriate for you. Here are a couple of brilliant skin whitening options to brighten your skin:
Microdermabrasion helps reveal healthy and brighter skin underneath a superficial layer consisting of excess dead skin cells. This treatment involves using a handheld device that blasts tiny crystals or uses an abrasive attachment to ‘sand’ the problematic skin area.
Chemical peeling is yet another quite effective treatment for skin whitening in Dubai. This treatment involves applying diluted acidic solutions on the skin to peel off the damaged skin layers. This procedure also targets uneven tone, revealing clear and brighter-toned skin.
Cost of Skin Whitening:
Several factors come into play when estimating the skin whitening treatment cost in Dubai. These factors include the treatment type, size of the treatment area, amount of pigmentation, and the number of sessions required. We recommend discussing these factors with one of our dermatologists. This way, you will have a better idea of the most suitable procedure and treatment costs.
The same goes for calculating skin whitening laser treatment cost, which tends to vary based on the treatment area.
Skin Whitening FAQs
Which treatment is best for skin whitening?
The answer to this question lies in the accurate diagnosis of your pigmentation problem. But generally, laser skin whitening ticks the most checks when it comes to fulfilling patients’ requirements. This treatment method dissolves skin pigmentation at different levels to give you evenly toned skin fairness.
Is Skin Whitening treatment painful?
None of the skin whitening methods used at Laser Skin Care Clinic involve surgery. While some techniques might be a tiny bit invasive, all of them cause little to no discomfort. In general, the best skin whitening in Dubai causes some redness and swelling that usually subside in a few days.
Why does skin get darker with age?
The dark patches developed on the skin with age are known as “age spots” or lentigines. These dark pigmented patches occur due to constant sun exposure. Melanin content in the skin absorbs ultraviolet energy from sun rays, making a pigmented area look even darker. This absorption also leads to an overall dark complexion.
Does brightening mean whitening?
No, skin brightening and whitening are two different things. Skin brightening adds a natural glow to your skin to promote a rejuvenated appearance. On the other hand, skin whitening involves bleaching, which reduces the dark pigment to make your skin lighter-colored than before treatment.
Is skin whitening safe?
Skin whitening treatments are safe and effective, given that these are provided at the hands of experienced dermatologists.
Which is better skin lightening or whitening?
Both treatments are viable, depending on your needs or preferences. Skin lightening refers to the process of using options that lighten the dark spots on your skin. The purpose of this treatment is to give you a more even skin tone. Skin whitening, in contrast, involves bleaching that whitens your skin color. What matters the most is you get the treatment of your choice from a skilled dermatologist.
Schedule a Consultation
Do you want to get skin whitening treatment to lighten skin tone and add glow to it? Laser Skin Care Clinic is the resource to visit. We have a team of highly skilled dermatologists with the best equipment at their disposal to perform permanent skin whitening treatment in Dubai. If you have any questions, fill out the form below to schedule an appointment with one of our dermatologists.