Sweating is a highly natural and healthy process that allows your body to maintain its temperature. However, some people tend to sweat excessively, and at times it can become a problem for them. It is usually due to overactive sweat glands, and this condition is known as hyperhidrosis. Generally, oral medications or clinical procedures, like Botox, help in treating excessive sweating. But these treatments only provide temporary relief from this embarrassing condition. Laser Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Dubai is an effective treatment that allows more permanent results for getting rid of over-sweating. It is similar to any other laser treatment and is minimally invasive.
Earlier it was believed that there is no permanent cure for overactive sweat glands apart from surgery. However, this notion has changed with the arrival of laser treatments. Nowadays, different laser treatments, such as the Fotona Laser, are used for effectively treating hyperhidrosis. It is beneficial for excessive underarm sweating.
Aim of the Treatment
The treatment aims to:
- control overactive sweat glands non-surgically and non-invasively
- regulate sweating without overburdening lungs
Who is the ideal candidate?
You are a candidate for Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Dubai if you:
- are bothered by excessive sweating
- have positive results for the Starch Test
- are in good physical health
- do not suffer from health conditions, such as hypertension or diabetes
- are committed to a healthy diet and lifestyle
- have realistic expectations with the outcomes of the procedure
Follow these tips to best prepare yourself for the Laser Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Dubai:
- Stop intake of blood-thinning medicines – aspirin, ibuprofen, beta-blockers, etc. – a week before the procedure.
- Avoid supplements, such as fish liver oil and vitamin E, for at least a week before the laser treatment.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Get enough sleep the night before the laser hyperhidrosis treatment.
- Do not apply lotion/cream/makeup or antiperspirant before coming for the treatment.
The procedure of Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Dubai is quite simple and quick. Generally, the entire procedure completes within a couple of hours.
Below, we have mentioned the entire procedure step-by-step:
- Firstly, the practitioner coats the treatment area with starch and iodine so that the exact locations of the sweat glands can be pinpointed.
- After that, he/she will make a tiny incision that allows the insertion of the cannula with an optical fiber tip.
- Then, he/she will fire the Nd:YAG laser beam onto the sweat glands to destroy them.
- The laser beams are used in particular wavelengths to ensure that they only target the sweat glands and leave the nearby skin and tissues intact.
- After that, he/she will use a grating cannula to remove the sweat glands that have been treated.
- Lastly, he/she will bandage the small incision carefully, and the patient can leave.
Although Laser Hyperhidrosis Treatment is not a surgical procedure, patients still need to perform post-procedural care. Due to this, they will get better results.
Below, we have mentioned some general aftercare guidelines:
- Slight swelling, itching, and redness may occur in treated areas that are generally treated using cold compresses.
- Avoid blood thinners and supplements for at least a week after the procedure.
- Only take medications prescribed by the doctor.
- Strictly avoid sun exposure as it can irritate the treated area.
- Avoid applying cosmetic or skin irritants to the treated areas for at least a month.
- Do not rub or scratch the treated areas.
Before and After Results
Since Laser Hyperhidrosis Treatment destroys and removes the overactive sweat glands, patients will notice instant relief from excessive sweating. However, generally, it takes a couple of weeks before the final results become noticeable.
Some common benefits of Laser Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Dubai include the following:
- The procedure is only minimally invasive.
- It offers permanent results.
- The procedure has no severe side effects.
- It does not require any downtime.
- Recovery from the procedure is relatively quick and generally uneventful.
Hyperhidrosis Treatment FAQs
What causes hyperhidrosis?
There are several causes of hyperhidrosis. Primary hyperhidrosis is caused when the nerves responsible for signaling sweat glands become overactive. It becomes worse due to stress and nervousness. Secondary hyperhidrosis occurs due to medical conditions and is less common. It is usually caused due to diabetes, menopause, thyroid, low blood sugar, cardiac problems, infections, nervous system disorders, etc.
How do I get rid of hyperhidrosis permanently?
Different treatments are available for treating hyperhidrosis. However, not all of them provide permanent results. Laser Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Dubai can help you get rid of excessive sweating permanently.
Which laser machine is used for sweating treatment?
The Nd:YAG laser beam used for Laser Hair Removal or hair bleaching is also used for hyperhidrosis treatment. But the key to the success of the procedure lies in the selection of the wavelength. Generally, a fixed combination of 924 nm and 975 nm continuous wave laser energy is used for treating hyperhidrosis.
Is the treatment painful?
There is some pain involved since there is some invasiveness in this treatment. However, it is countered with the help of local anesthesia that is administered before starting the treatment. The patient feels nothing during the procedure because the treatment area is numbed.
How much does hyperhidrosis treatment cost?
There is no fixed cost of Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Dubai. The final cost usually depends on a number of factors such as the clinic’s geographical location and reputation, doctor’s expertise, size of the treatment area, laser machine uses, the technique used, etc. The doctor determines the final cost during the initial consultation.
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about Laser Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Dubai, or schedule a procedure with our experts, visit us at Laser Skin Care. Moreover, you can sign up for online consultation with our laser experts by filling the form below.