Sweating is a highly natural and healthy process that allows your body to maintain its temperature. But some people tend to sweat a lot and at times it can become a problem for them. It is usually due to overactive sweat glands and the condition is known as hyperhidrosis. Typically oral medications or clinical procedures like Botox Treatment are used to provide temporary relief from excessive embarrassing sweating.
Earlier it was believed that there is no permanent cure for overactive sweat glands apart from surgery. With the arrival of laser treatments, however, that has changed. The Fotona Laser machine is used in order to treat the hyperhidrosis problem to a good effect.
It is especially useful for excessive sweating in the under arms. The Laser Hyperhidrosis Treatment is similar to any other laser treatment and is minimally invasive. Let’s learn more how this treatment can help you get rid of the problem permanently.
Who is a candidate?
You are a candidate for Laser treatment for excessive sweating if:
- You are really bothered by excessive sweating
- Your results of Starch Test are positive
- You are in good physical health and you are not suffering from health conditions like hypertension or diabetes
- You are committed to healthy diet and lifestyle
- You are a non-smoker or ready to quit smoking for a couple of weeks at least
- You have realistic expectations with the outcomes of procedure
What is the aim of Laser Hyperhidrosis Treatment?
The treatment aims at:
- Controlling overactive sweat glands non-surgically and non-invasively
- Regulating sweating without overburdening lungs
How to prepare for laser hyperhidrosis treatment?
Follow these tips to best prepare yourself for the hyperhidrosis treatment with lasers:
- Stop intake of blood thinning medicines – Aspirin, ibuprofen and beta blockers etc. – a week before the procedure
- Avoid supplements such as fish liver oil and vitamin E during the last week prior to laser treatment
- Call it quits on smoking and consumption of alcohol at least three days prior to the procedure
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Take a good sleep the night before laser hyperhidrosis treatment in Dubai
- Do not apply lotion/cream/ makeup or antiperspirant before coming for the treatment
The treatment is pretty simple. The whole process is completed within a couple of hours.
- The area to be treated is first coated with starch and iodine so that the exact locations of the sweat glands can be pinpointed.
- The next step is making a very small incision which allows insertion of the cannula with optical fiber tip.
- The Nd:Yag laser beam is then fired on to the sweat glands for the purpose of destroying them.
- The laser beams is used in very specific wavelengths to ensure that it only targets the sweat glands while leaving the nearby skin and tissues intact.
- A grating cannula is later used to remove the sweat glands that have been treated.
- The small incision is bandaged carefully and the patient is allowed to go back home.
- Slight swelling and redness may occur in treated areas
- Use cold compresses to counter any swelling or itchiness in the treated area
- Avoid blood thinners and supplements for another week after the procedure
- Take medications prescribed by the doctor, if any
- Sun exposure should be strictly avoided, this can irritate treatment sites
- Avoid applying cosmetic or skin irritants to the treated areas for a month
- Do not rub or scratch the treated areas
Results and Benefits:
Since overactive sweat glands are destroyed and removed during the Hyperhidrosis Treatment, you will notice instant relief from excessive sweating. However, it will take a couple of weeks before you will be able to notice full results. Notable features behind increasing popularity of Laser Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Dubai include:
- It is a minimally invasive procedure
- It offers permanent results
- There are no serious side effects associated with the procedure
- It does require any downtime
- Recovery from the procedure is quite quick and mostly uneventful
- Which Laser Machine is used for sweating treatment? The Nd:Yag laser beam which is used for Laser Hair Removal or hair bleaching is used for hyperhidrosis treatment, but the key to success of the procedure lies in the selectivity of the wavelength. Generally a fixed combination of 924 nm and 975 nm continuous wave laser energy is used for treating excessive sweating problem.
- Is the treatment painful? There is some pain involved since there is some invasiveness in this treatment. However, it is countered with the help of local anesthesia that is administered prior to the start of the treatment. The patient feels nothing during the treatment process.
- Side effects and downtime: Side effects are not very severe and can be managed with ease. Rest will be needed after the treatment. There is no downtime but a rest of a couple of days can surely help you recover very quickly.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
To learn more about Laser hyperhidrosis treatment in Abu Dhabi, Dubai or Sharjah, to schedule a procedure with our experts, visit us at Laser Skin Care. Alternatively, you can sign up for a free online consultation with our laser experts by taking a moment to fill in the form given below.