Skin lesions are the areas on the skin that appear different than the surrounding skin. They appear in the form of bumps, patches, or abnormal growths. They usually affect both men and women of different ages. Generally, dermatologists suggest a skin lesion removal treatment to deal with this skin condition. The skin lesions should not be ignored as they are often an indication of a bigger problem. Generally, Skin Lesions Removal in Dubai is considered a safe and quick method for getting rid of unwanted skin lesions.
Table of Contents
What Are Types of Skin Lesions
As mentioned above, a skin lesion is an area on the skin that experiences abnormal growth. Generally, skin lesions are of two types:
Primary Skin Lesions
Skin lesions appear on healthy skin and their appearance is directly related to a specific cause. Primary skin lesions may appear in the form of moles, freckles, and blisters.
Primary skin lesions can be categorized as
- Fluid-filled lesions.
- Solid mass lesions.
- Flat lesions.
Secondary Skin Lesions
Secondary lesions are caused by primary skin lesions. Traumatic manipulation such as scratching and rubbing of primary lesions leads to secondary lesions. Secondary lesions may also be caused due to treatment progression of primary skin lesions.
What is Skin Lesions Removal?
Generally, skin lesions are not a severe skin problem. However, in some cases, the problem could be linked to a skin disease, like skin cancer. Therefore, it is crucial to have it checked at the earliest. A Skin Lesion Removal Treatment helps get rid of an unwanted skin lesion. Although it serves the aesthetic purpose too, its primary focus is on preventing a more severe condition. There are different types of skin lesion removal treatments available, and an expert can determine the best-suited treatment for you.
Aim of the Treatment
The Skin Lesion Removal Treatment is beneficial for all types of skin. The treatment aims at delivering the desired results in a short time. Although the primary goal of the treatment is to remove the lesions without harming the skin, it also aims to:
- Remove the cancerous skin cells.
- Reduce the pain and irritation with the skin lesions.
- Remove the skin lesion with the most suitable technique.
- Restore the confidence lost due to skin issues.
Who is an ideal candidate?
Skin lesion removal is an ideal treatment for moles, warts, skin tags, and keratosis patients. The procedure is performed for medical and cosmetic reasons.
People with the following skin conditions are ideal candidates for Skin lesion removal
- Chronic Skin irritation.
- Lesions that may be cancerous.
- Lesions that are present on prominent body areas, such as the nose, chin, cheeks, and hands.
Anyone who wants to get rid of skin lesions and is in good health is a candidate for skin lesions.
Treatment options for Lesion Removal
There are two different types of treatment options for Lesions removal:
Non-Surgical treatments for Lesions removal
Non-surgical treatments for lesions removal include
Cryotherapy uses a freezing technique to freeze and remove abnormal tissues. It is a short treatment where the practitioner applies a particular solution to the skin lesion with a cotton swab. It leads to the formation of ice crystals in the lesion that breaks up the lesion cells. In the end, the lesions are picked up to finish the treatment.
It is commonly used to treat skin warts (verruca Vulgaris), seborrheic keratoses, actinic keratoses, and molluscum contagiosum
A laser device is used to remove the lesions. The high-frequency laser beam heats the cells of the lesion until they burst. Eventually, the lesion will be destroyed. However, usually, more than one session is needed to eliminate the lesion.
Shave excision is a surgical procedure that is used for lesions present in the upper layer of skin. An incision is made into the upper layer of the skin and the affected area is removed.
After removing the lesion, the practitioner will apply the medication with bandages or use stitches to conclude the treatment.
Scissor excision is another surgical technique for lesion removal. It uses two scissors to cut off the affected area.
The practitioner will use forceps (a type of surgical tool like scissors) to pull up or grab the lesions. A cut will be made around and under the lesion, and the affected area will be cleaned with a curette. (A typical instrument to scrape skin).
Skin excision technique involves the removal of lesions from the deeper layers of the skin. A small number of adjacent tissues may also be removed to ensure that it is free of cancerous cells.
The skin is removed in a round shape which makes the stitches easier. A skin graft or flap of normal skin may be used to replace the skin that was removed.
Curettage and Electrosurgery
This procedure involves the scrapping of skin lesions. The affected area is then heated to prevent bleeding and destroy any remaining cancerous cells.
The treatment is ideal for superficial lesions that do not need skin excision.
Recovery after Surgical treatment
Some of the steps that ensure your speedy recovery include
- During the initial days, do not knock or bump your wound.
- Avoid Strenuous exercise for two weeks after the treatment.
- Do not use makeup if the procedure is performed on your face.
- Ask your doctor before taking a shower, or swimming.
Our doctor will give you guidelines on when and which medicines to take after the treatment.
Before taking blood-thinning medicines, ask the doctor for professional advice.
Take pain medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
Your doctor will give you advice on how to take care of your wound after skin lesion removal.
Some of the general wound care instructions include
- Keeping the wound dry and bandaged for the first day after the treatment.
- After the first day, wash the wound with clean water.
- Avoid using hydrogen peroxide and alcohol on the wound as they can slow healing.
- You can also cover the wound with vaseline or a nonstick bandage.
Pre-Procedure Instructions for Laser Treatment
The patient does not need to do much to prepare for Skin Lesion Removal Treatment. Some standard instructions to follow before the procedure are as follows:
- Maintain a healthy diet before the treatment.
- Get all the prescribed lab tests done timely.
- Take the prescribed medications regularly.
- Discontinue using blood-thinning or anti-inflammatory medicines a few days ago.
How Is The Laser Treatment Performed At Laser Skin Care Clinic?
Generally, Laser Skin Lesion Removal is simple and does not take long to complete. The exact duration of the treatment depends on the nature of the lesions.
The step-by-step procedure for Laser Skin Lesion Removal Treatment is as follows:
The practitioner will apply local anesthesia to numb the treatment area and avoid pain and discomfort.
He/she will direct the laser beam to the lesion.
The high-end laser beam will destroy the skin tissue and as a result, they will break.
As a result, the skin lesion will be removed.
Generally, Laser Skin Lesion Treatment is safe and secure. The treatment could be performed through surgical and non-surgical techniques. Depending on the method, the post-procedure guidelines may vary. However, some general instructions are as follows:
- Keep applying the medication prescribed by the practitioner.
- Keep the treatment area dry for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid rubbing and washing the treatment area, especially in case of stitches.
- If needed, gently wash the area around the wound with soap and water.
- Inform the doctor if anything unusual happens.
Before and After Results
Generally, the Laser Skin Lesion Removal Treatment is famous for delivering promising skin resurfacing results quickly. Some notable benefits of this treatment are as follows:
- It is a non-surgical and non-invasive treatment.
- It prevents the spread of cancerous cells.
- The patient experiences no pain during the procedure.
- The procedure has minimal to no side effects.
- It makes the skin smooth and clear.
- The patient gets the desired skin resurfacing results.
- It boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
Cost of Skin Lesion Removal
The cost of Skin Lesion Removal Treatment depends on a variety of elements. Only a professional skincare expert can determine the exact cost of the treatment for each individual. The price may depend on the following factors
- Nature of the skin lesion.
- The number of treatment sessions.
- Clinic’s location.
- Experience as well as qualification of the skincare professional.
If you have lesions on any part of the body, please get in touch with us, and we will let you know what the cost would be in your case.
Schedule a Consultation
Skin Lesions Removal in Dubai is a popular treatment nowadays. If you have got one or more skin lesions on the body, consider the latest skin lesions removal treatment offered by the Laser Skin Care Clinic. If you are ready to get this treatment, we invite you to our clinic for online consultation with one of our skincare experts. So, fill out the online form, give us a call, or visit our clinic, and our staff representatives will guide you further.