We are constantly exposed to several internal and external factors that contribute to many skin conditions. Poor diet, excessive sun exposure, and pollution are the most significant reasons for a dull and prematurely aged skin appearance. However, the good news is that regaining flawless, smooth, and glowing skin is possible with many treatment options, most of which are non-surgical. One of such treatments involves chemical peels in Dubai.
What is a Chemical Peel?
Chemical Peeling is a famous method for skin rejuvenation and resurfacing. During this procedure, our dermatologist applies an acid-based chemical solution to your skin to initiate exfoliation. As a result, the top skin layer peels off, and a newer, smoother underlying epidermic layer comes on the top. This refreshed surface is generally less wrinkled and shows fewer signs of damage.
Aim of the Treatment
A chemical peel in Dubai is usually performed on the face, neck, and hands, and it helps achieve numerous cosmetic goals. Generally, this technique aims to resolve:
- Sun damage impact
- Acne scars
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Uneven skin tone
The solutions used in chemical peels help:
- with overall skin resurfacing
- enhance the skin tone
- remove the dead skin cells
- remove different skin lines and marks
Generally, you can undergo chemical peel treatment in Dubai if you have one of the following skin conditions:
- Crow’s feet
- Nasolabial folds
- Superficial scars
- Sun-damaged skin
- Face and neck wrinkles and fine lines
- Freckles and blemishes
- Wrinkles due to sun aging and damage
Although chemical peeling is not a complex treatment and is appropriate for almost all skin tones and types, it may not be suitable for some people. Experts usually do not recommend this treatment to:
- people with psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, or rosacea
- pregnant or breastfeeding women
- people using Retin-A or Renova
- people who have taken Accutane in the last six months
Solutions Used in Chemical Peels
A chemical peel Dubai-based treatment typically uses dilute acidic solutions. These solutions are harsh enough to initiate exfoliation and, at the same time, mild enough not to harm the skin. These solutions mainly include:
- Glycolic Acid
- Mandelic Peels
- Salicylic Acids
- Hyaluronic Acid Peels
Types of Chemical Peels
The resurfacing through chemical peels is not a new technique. Over time, it has evolved to become diverse enough to require further classification. Chemical peels in Dubai can be of the following three types based on their target skin depth:
- Superficial Peels
- Medium Peels
- Deep Peels
Before and After Results
What to Expect?
Chemical peeling treatment is a non-surgical and generally an outpatient procedure. However, it is not entirely non-invasive. The invasiveness of this procedure depends on the type of peel you get – the deeper the peel, the more invasive the treatment will be. Below is the detail of what this entire treatment entails.
First, you will meet our dermatologist, who will help you determine the type of treatment appropriate for you. They will also let you know about any specific requirements you must fulfill before getting chemical peel treatment.
Generally, the dermatologist will advise you to:
- Avoid using Retin-A topical medication or any type of retinol 48 hours before the procedure
- Remain off the Accutane for at least six months before undergoing chemical peeling treatment
- Be sure that any medication you take would not interfere with treatment results
- Use glycolic acid lotion or other ointments to enhance the chance of treatment success
- Get an antiviral medication if you frequently get cold sores or fever blisters
- Discontinue using exfoliants or facial scrubs at least a week before the procedure
- Stop epilating, waxing, or using other hair removal products a week before the treatment
Chemical skin peel in Dubai is generally an in-office treatment, which is performed on an outpatient basis. The steps involved in its procedure vary with the type of treatment. Here is a quick overview of those steps.
- Superficial Peels: A superficial or light peel removes the epidermis – the skin’s outer layer. It helps treat hyperpigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, and skin dryness. Dermatologists generally recommend this treatment every two to five weeks.
- Medium Peels: These slightly harsher chemical peel types eliminate cells and tissues from the upper and upper-middle skin layer. It is an effective treatment for acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles. You can undergo chemical peeling treatment with medium peels every three to nine months.
- Deep Peels: These are the harshest chemical peeling solutions to remove cells from middle and bottom skin layers. This treatment is generally recommended when you have deeper scars or wrinkles. Due to aggressive chemicals used, this treatment is also commonly regarded as the chemical peel for acne scars. You can undertake this treatment only once in a lifetime.
While chemical peeling is a non-surgical procedure, it can be a bit invasive depending on the intensity of the peeling solution used. For this reason, it is crucial to take care of the post-treatment skin. However, since it is a minimally invasive treatment, it leads to an overall short recovery duration.
Here is a list of post-treatment care guidelines you should follow to avoid any complications after the chemical peeling procedure:
- Keep the skin moisturized the entire time after the treatment.
- Use prescribed topical ointments as per your dermatologist’s instructions.
- Use sunscreen to protect the skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Be sure to avoid direct sun exposure for a few months after the treatment.
- The patient may need bandages for a few days on some or all of the area treated (rare case).
Chemical Peel Benefits
If appropriately performed by an expert, Chemical Peels in Dubai can bring tremendous changes to your skin. Below are some of the most salient benefits of this treatment:
- Minimally invasive.
- Makes the skin tone even
- Removes fine lines, dead skin, scars, etc
Chemical Peel Dubai Cost
The cost of chemical peeling treatments varies from person to person, mainly because of several pricing factors. The cost of chemical peeling depends on:
- the skin problem
- the expertise of the professional
- the kind of peeling solution used
- the location of the clinic
The average starting price of chemical peeling at Laser Skin Care Clinic is 475 AED.
Are chemical peels good for skin?
Chemical peels reduce skin damage by removing dead skin cells and other impurities responsible for a dull and aged appearance. On top of that, this treatment is generally safe for most skin types. For these reasons, chemical peels are suitable for your skin.
Is a chemical peel painful?
The best chemical peel in Dubai is only slightly painful. The pain resulting from this treatment is similar to a burning sensation, which doesn’t last more than five to ten minutes. However, deep peels are generally a little more painful than other peeling methods due to the high-intensity chemicals used in the procedure. The dermatologist may prescribe pain medication after deep peels.
Does chemical peel remove facial hair?
Since most chemical face peel solutions remove only the superficial skin layer, they do not affect the facial hair.
How long does chemical peel last?
The results of chemical peels may last one month to a lifetime. Generally, the longevity of treatment results depends on the type of peel you get. For instance, a light peel will give you smooth skin for up to two months. Results of medium peels can last up to six months. And a deep peel leads to a permanent change of skin tone and texture.
When will the results be visible?
After chemical peeling, the top layer of your skin will start to peel in about three days. It usually takes two weeks for noticeable results to show up.
Do chemical peels make you look younger?
Chemical peels in Dubai are diluted acids that help treat wrinkles and fine lines. They also make your skin tone smoother and brighter. These aspects work in combination to give you a youthful appearance.
What is the strongest chemical peel?
Phenol peels are the strongest and deepest chemical peeling solutions. These peels enter the extra skin depth to target deep wrinkles, blotchiness, and acne scars.
Schedule a Consultation
If you want to get this treatment, your best bet is to contact the best clinic for a chemical peel in Dubai. One of the top clinics is the Laser Skin Care Clinic, where we have highly experienced practitioners who use chemical peeling solutions expertly to ensure procedural safety and effectiveness. So, please fill out the form below to schedule an appointment with a skilled dermatologist.