Scarring is a natural process of wound repair. A scar will develop on the skin while recovering from an injury caused by an accident, burn, surgery, or acne. Generally, scars appear due to natural healing anywhere on the body in any size and shape.
What are Scars?
In simpler words, when an injury damages the skin’s deeper layers, scars develop on the skin. If the skin’s superficial layer is damaged, it usually does not cause scarring. However, scars can look unappealing on the skin, especially if they are easily visible. Scar Removal in Dubai is an effective technique used to remove different types of scars.
Who is the ideal candidate?
Anyone bothered by scarring due to various reasons can benefit from scar removal treatments. Individuals seeking dermatological help for Laser Scar Removal Dubai should have one or more of the following:
- Acne scars
- Burn scars
- Trauma scars
- Injury scars
- Surgical scars
- Keloid scars
Aim of the Treatment
Scar Removal Treatment in Dubai aims to:
- eliminate stubborn scars
- shrink large pores
- provide an even skin tone
- get rid of freckles and blemishes
- improve the appearance of skin in the treated areas
Types of Scars
Depending on the type of scar, different scar removal treatments are available. Some common types of scars are as follows
The most common type of scar is acne scars. They occur as a result of pulling out acne causing a minor skin injury. Inflammation happens in that wound and causes scarring. An Acne Scar Treatment is suitable for eliminating acne scars. Other types of acne scars include atrophic, boxcar, icepick, and rolling scars
Keloid scars are thick and raised in appearance, and they appear on the skin’s surface due to tissue damage. They grow larger than the injury and do not go away on their own. A Keloid Treatment in Dubai can help get rid of them.
They occur as a result of skin burning. A part of that skin area is damaged in the healing process and contracture scars appear. A Laser Scar Removal Treatment can help remove them.
These scars are like keloid scars in appearance. They appear as a result of chronic inflammation in the second inner layer of the skin. Tension on the healing wound may lead to the development of this scar. They can be treated with injections and plastic surgery.
Several effective scar removal treatment options are available for minimizing the appearance of scars. Some of these treatments include topical creams, ointments, gels, dermal fillers, skin resurfacing procedures, and laser treatments.
These popular treatment options are as follows:
Over-the-counter and prescription creams/ointments can be used to remove scars caused by acne, cuts, or minor injuries and wounds. Consult a dermatologist, and they will guide you on whether over-the-counter products will work for you or not. They may also prescribe you steroids-containing or antihistamine creams.
A dermal filler is another option for the best Scar Removal in Dubai. Dermal fillers are soft, gel-like material that is injected underneath the skin’s top layer. As a result, they add volume to scar depressions and enhance skin texture. If you have acne or deep surgical scars, dermal fillers can fill the scar depressions. Moreover, they can also successfully treat moderately deep scars caused by accidents or injuries.
Skin resurfacing procedures – like Chemical Peels and Microdermabrasion – are also used to reduce and remove scars. These techniques work by removing the skin’s damaged topmost layer, revealing fresh and smooth skin underneath.
Include surgical removal of scar from the target area. Punch excision removes the scar and seals the wound. Punch grafting uses tissue from some other part of the body to close the wound after scar removal.
Silicone Gel Sheeting
A thin layer of silicone gel is applied twice a day which dries itself. This method shows a great decrease in color texture and height of scars.
Uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the scar by inserting a needle. Anaesthesia is given before freezing. The scar shrinks and fades away after 11 weeks.
Uses a needle to insert into the scar and move in several directions to disconnect the fibrous tissues in the skin under the scar. This shrinks the scar making it less apparent
Techniques We Use
Laser Scar Removal
At Laser Skin Care Clinic, we use laser technology to remove scars. Laser Scar Removal in Dubai is a minimally invasive treatment. It uses intense laser beams to target a body part that requires treatment, promoting collagen growth(a protein in skin that replaces damaged tissues and produces new skin). This treatment option is the most advanced and requires careful precision. However, the results are flawless and permanent. Two types of lasers are used depending on the scar
- Uses Fractional CO2, Er: YAG, or YSGG to vaporize the water-containing tissue in the scars destroying it in the process. Collagen heals the affected area giving you scar-free skin.
- Targets the uppermost layer of skin.
- Uses Nd: YAG and Er: Glass lasers to cause a thermal injury in the second inner layer of the skin which triggers collagen production.
- Wounds the second inner layer of the skin so there is no chance of infection and faster healing.
Machines We Use
At Laser Skin Care Clinic, we use the following laser machines for the removal of Scars
- Uses a radio frequency(nonablative) of 1Mhz to treat scars with depths ranging from 0.5-3.5mm.
- Uses tripolar radiofrequency(nonablative) to heat the deeper layer of skin at a depth of 0.2mm.
- Uses CO2 lasers to treat scars, surface pigmentation, and deep wrinkles.
- Uses ablative lasers to remove scars.
- Results can be seen in 2-3 weeks.
Patients must follow the below-given tips while preparing for Scar Removal Dubai. If patients prepare carefully, they can achieve the desired results.
- Patients must share their medical history and the list of medications with the doctor. For instance, if they have used Accutane for acne treatment in the last six months, they should inform the doctor.
- Cleanse the face thoroughly if the scar needs to be removed from facial regions. Use any antibacterial, oil-free cleanser the night before the treatment.
- Take a shower if the scar is on a body part other than the face, like the neck, abdomen, back, or chest. Also, shave the hair from the treatment area before scar removal.
- History of trauma and the type of scar should be evaluated
- Patient’s expectations should be acknowledged before treatment
- Any doubts about the results should be cleared
- Avoid wearing makeup or applying creams/lotions on the treatment site when going to the clinic for scar removal.
- Patients should be informed of any treatment-related side effects.
- Patients should be informed of the duration of treatments
Laser Scar Removal Procedure
The Laser Scar Removal Treatment in Dubai follows the below-given steps:
- The treatment is performed on an outpatient basis with topical anesthetic.
- A laser beam with a specific wavelength and intensity is glided along the scar using a handheld device.
- The laser beam causes microscopic wounds at a controlled rate in the scar tissues.
- It triggers a self-healing process that also helps to minimize scar appearance.
- It also resurfaces top layers of skin, revealing new and smooth skin underneath.
- The laser also goes deeper into the skin targeting lower layers of the skin, stimulating collagen production.
- Fractional CO2 Lasers are generally used for Scar Removal Treatment.
Following the below-given tips can ensure a smooth and uneventful recovery after the Scar Removal Treatment:
- Apply cold compressions to the treated area to minimize pain and discomfort.
- Avoid washing the treated area for at least 6 to 8 hours.
- Take prescribed pain medicine immediately after the scar removal treatment.
- Apply antibiotic ointment to the treatment site as prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid touching the treated area unnecessarily. When necessary, wash your hands with antibacterial soap.
- Picking and scratching at the scabs is strictly prohibited.
- Protect the treatment site from sun exposure by applying broad-spectrum sunscreen to it.
Before and After Results
The results of Scar Removal may not become noticeable instantly. However, eventually, as the skin heals, results become visible. Due to this reason, doctors and patients prefer this option over others.
Laser Scar Removal in Dubai has the following benefits:
- This treatment is a non-surgical and minimally invasive procedure.
- It is a painless procedure that involves minimal or no discomfort.
- Scar treatment is a lunch-hour procedure that does not have any downtime.
- Minimal risks, complications, and side effects are associated with this treatment.
- It has a success rate of over 80%.
Laser Scar Removal Cost in Dubai
The Scar Removal price depends on a number of factors, including:
- size of scar
- number of scars
- number of sessions
- desired results
- clinic’s location
- doctor’s expertise
Generally, the average Scars Removal in Dubai price starts from 1000 AED. However, if you want to know your case’s exact cost, you have to consult your doctor first.
Scar Removal FAQs
What is the best scar removal?
Several scar removal treatments are available, but one that proved to be the most effective is laser scar removal in Dubai. It is a minimally invasive treatment that uses intense laser beams to remove stubborn scars from any body part.
How to remove permanent scars?
Permanent scars from the body can be removed using different treatments. The best scar removal in Dubai for permanent scars is by using a laser. It targets the particular area with the scar and removes it with the help of intense laser beams.
Do scar creams really work?
Scar creams are only effective on small scars. Moreover, the results of using a topical cream for scar removal are not immediate. It takes time for a scar to fade and completely vanish. So, it is better to use a laser scar removal technique in Dubai.
Can laser remove scars?
Laser for scar removal in Dubai is currently the most effective scar removal treatment. It can remove a scar as well as stimulate new skin growth. Moreover, it will provide immediate and permanent results.
Why is laser scar removal better than other methods?
It is one of the modern methods and uses the latest technology to remove scars. Nonablative laser treatment even removes the risk of any wound infection and brings desired results in a very short time. It is also very effective for skin texture problems(dry reddish skin) and skin pigmentation(changing of skin colors)
Does laser treatment remove all types of scars?
Ablative lasers are good for atrophic scars which are not much deep. And nonablative lasers can treat deeper scars, facial acne, and even wrinkles
How effective is laser scar removal?
Laser scar removal is very beneficial because:
It only targets the selected area with no damage to the surrounding skin
The ablative laser takes 10-14 days of skin recovery time and reddening of the skin may persist for months.
Nonablative laser offers a shorter healing time and reddening of the skin disappears in a few days
Is Laser Scar Removal safe?
Laser scar removal is a safe technique to treat scars with fewer/no side effects and permanent results as compared to surgeries.
Schedule a Consultation
To know more about Scar Removal in Dubai or schedule a session, call us now. So, for Online Consultation, please fill the form below and let our experts guide you.