Dimples are known as a sign of beauty in many cultures. Having a dimple makes people look more beautiful with an enhanced smile. Due to the beauty connotations attached to dimples, many people desire them, especially if they have a family member or friend with one.
A dimple is a gap or deficit in the facial muscles which appears when smiling or animating the face.
Some people are lucky enough to have it naturally, while others can undergo Dimpleplasty or dimple creation procedure to have a natural-looking dimple on their faces.
Fortunately, Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai specializes in Dimple Creation on your face through dimple surgery, otherwise known as Dimpleplasty.
- Dimple surgery is performed to create dimples on your cheeks
- It helps you have natural-looking dimples on both sides of your cheeks.
- The Treatment has minimal recovery time with no major side effects.
- The results of Treatment are Permanent.
What is Dimple Surgery or DimplePlasty?
Dimpleplasty is a type of plastic surgery that is performed to create facial dimples. The procedure involves the creation of muscle deficits on the face so the dimples start appearing when you smile.
The muscles are surgically removed from inside the mouth, and the dimples generally appear on the lower cheek to make you look attractive.
Aim of the Treatment
The best Dimple Creation in Dubai aims to:
- make the candidate’s smile more attractive
- improve the overall facial appearance
- fulfill the candidate’s desire to get dimples
Who is the ideal candidate?
Generally, it is effective for both genders. However, only an expert can help patients in determining their candidacy.
Typically, you are a good candidate if you
- have good mental and physical health
- want to get a dimple on your cheeks or chin
- have realistic expectations with the results
While preparing for a dimple surgery, you need to consult an expert facial plastic surgeon who has valuable experience in performing dimple surgery. Although some dermatologists are also skilled at performing the surgery, it is best to consult an expert plastic surgeon for the best results of the treatment.
Once you have selected the surgeon, it is now time to book an initial consultation.
During the consultation, you should discuss the location of dimples on your face with the surgeon. After your visual examination, the surgeon will make a plan for your dimple surgery.
Some general pre-procedure guidelines are as follows:
- Avoid using Aspirin, Advil, or any other kind of blood thinners.
- Avoid intake of dietary or vitamin supplements for a specific period.
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least 6 hours before the procedure.
- Intake prescribed medicines regularly as per your doctor’s instructions.
The Dimpleplasty procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. Before the procedure, local anesthesia is administered to avoid pain and discomfort. Generally, it takes about 20-30 to complete the procedure.
The step-by-step procedure is as follows:
- First of all, local anesthesia is administered in the treatment area to avoid pain.
- Small incisions are made on the particular area (cheek or chin).
- A small amount of fat and muscle is removed to aid dimple creation.
- The area of fat and muscle removal is around 2-3 millimeters.
- After the creation of space, the doctor positions a suture (Sling) from one side of the cheek muscle to the other.
- The sling is then tied to set the dimple in place permanently.
- Absorbable tiny stitches are made in the treated area.
- You will get rid of this stitch within a few days after the surgery.
Following post-procedure instructions is essential after Dimple Creation in Dubai for a quick recovery. Some standard instructions are as follows:
- Use the antiseptic solution to rinse your mouth.
- Include soup, pudding, and other soft foods in your diet for a few days.
- Use cold compresses or ice packs to get rid of discomfort, bruising, and swelling.
- Take prescribed medicines regularly.
- Avoid strenuous activities and heavy exercises for a few days after the procedure.
Dimple Creation has a number of benefits. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- The procedure yields efficient and outstanding results.
- There is minimal to no downtime after the procedure.
- The recovery is quick and uneventful.
- The procedure is painless.
- Patients will get a boost in confidence and self-esteem.
- The procedure is reversible if required.
- With this surgery, you can get dimples on both sides of your face.
Recovery and Results
The recovery after Dimple Creation in Dubai may differ for every patient, but generally, it goes pretty comfortably. Patients can start taking their desired diet after a few days, but they can resume regular activities immediately. Moreover, they can alleviate pain or discomfort with prescribed medications. Generally, the recovery period lasts for about a week because it takes that long for stitches to dissolve.
Although the results are permanent, they can be reversed if needed. A few days after the procedure, the dimple becomes relatively visible even with relaxed facial muscles.
Side effects or Complications
The side effects or complications from Dimpleplasty are rare, however, possible side effects may include:
- Bleeding at the site of surgery.
- Facial nerve damage
- Redness and Swelling
In case of continuous bleeding from the treatment site, you should see your doctor immediately to avoid further complications.
Cost of Dimpleplasty
The starting cost of Dimpleplasty in Dubai is 2,000 AED. Several factors that may affect the exact cost include
- The expertise of the surgeon
- Location of the Clinic
- Size of the treatment area
- Facilities at the clinic.
Schedule a Consultation
If you want to get the best Dimple Creation in Dubai with the best results at a reasonable cost, you have come to the right place. At Laser Skin Care Clinic, our experts will help you get the desired results in no time. To schedule an appointment, fill the online form or give us a call. You can also visit the clinic, and our staff representatives will guide you further.