Using chemical peels for skincare has been in practice for a long time. Different peels are used for skin rejuvenation, and the most noticeable ones are the Hyaluronic Peel and Salicylic Acid Peel in Dubai. The Salicylic Acid Peel is one of the most beneficial peels for skin exfoliation and regeneration.
Table of Contents
What are Salicylic Acid and Salicylic Acid Peels?
Salicylic Acid belongs to the beta-hydroxy acid group, naturally produced by willow bark and wintergreen leaves. It has the properties to remove oil and grease from the skin when used in a Salicylic Acid Peel facial. Moreover, it can help clear acne and acne scars from the face. Compared to other chemical peels, Salicylic Acid Peel gently exfoliates the skin on the surface level and does not harm the skin.
Salicylic Peel can be applied to the following areas:
Types of Salicylic Peels
The Salicylic Acid Peels are of two types depending on their strength and concentration. Generally, the practitioner decides which type is suitable for a patient.
The two types of peels are as follows:
Below 20% Concentration – available as topical creams, lotions, and gels to be used at home
Above 20% Concentration – require an expert dermatologist for application in a clinical procedure
Aim of the Treatment
Salicylic Peel in Dubai aims to:
- Improve skin tone and texture
- Brighten the complexion
- Treat acne and acne scars
- Remove blackheads
- Reduce skin oiliness
- Treat clogged pores
- Hydrate dry and damaged skin
- Improve wrinkles and fine lines
Who is the ideal candidate?
An ideal candidate for Salicylic Acid Peel is someone suffering from:
- Rashes or sunburn
- Skin inflammation and allergies
- Skin pigmentation
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Acne and acne scars
Patients must follow some pre-procedure instructions provided by their dermatologist before getting a Salicylic Acid Peel for acne scars or other skin problems.
Some general pre-procedure guidelines are as follows:
- Avoid exfoliating, scrubbing, shaving, or waxing the skin for at least 2-3 days before the procedure.
- Keep away from excessive sun exposure and avoid tanning.
- Avoid undergoing laser treatments before the procedure.
- Refrain from using products containing glycolic acid, lactic acid, or vitamin A.
The step-by-step procedure for Salicylic Peel in Dubai is as follows:
- Firstly, the dermatologist will cleanse and apply a peel preparation solution to the treatment area using cotton balls.
- To keep sensitive areas, like lips and nostrils, he/she will apply petroleum jelly.
- Once the treatment area is prepared and ready, he/she will apply the salicylic acid solution for at least 3-5 minutes.
- During this stage, some patients may feel a burning sensation, cooled with a hand-held fan.
- After 3-5 minutes, the dermatologist will neutralize the acid peel with water or a specialized solution and apply moisturizer.
Salicylic Acid for acne gives excellent results, but patients must follow post-procedure instructions after Salicylic Acid Peel in Dubai. Usually, the dermatologist provides aftercare instructions, but some general instructions are as follows:
- Be gentle with the skin for a few days after the procedure.
- Regularly apply a moisturizer to avoid dryness and flaking.
- Use mild cleansers to keep the skin clean and oil-free.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and apply a dermatologist-prescribed sunscreen whenever going out.
Generally, there is no extensive downtime after a Salicylic Peel. Patients may experience some temporary side-effects, such as redness, swelling, and stinging sensations. However, these side-effects don’t last long and usually subside on their own within a day. In case of dryness or flaking, patients can use a dermatologist-prescribed moisturizing cream.
Salicylic Peel in Dubai offers a number of benefits, such as:
- Removing acne as well as blackheads
- Removing dead skin cells
- Reducing skin dullness
- Unclogging pores
- Exfoliating sun-damaged skin
- Eliminating age spots
- Brightening skin
- Treating skin inflammation and redness
Salicylic Acid Peel Cost
The Salicylic Acid Peel cost in Dubai is not fixed because it depends on a number of variable factors. Some of these factors are:
- Skin type
- Concentration of peel
- Severity of the skin problem
- Patient’s desired results
- Dermatologist’s qualification as well as expertise
- Clinic’s location as well as reputation
Generally, only a dermatologist can determine the exact cost of the treatment. So, if you want to learn the exact price in your case, consult an expert.
Schedule a Consultation
For the best Salicylic Peel in Dubai, visit Laser Skin Care Clinic. We have a team of expert dermatologists who will examine your skin and guide you about the procedure. So, fill the online consultation form to schedule an appointment. You can also give us a call or visit our clinic, and our staff representatives will guide you further.