Using chemical peels for skincare has been in practice for a long time. Different peels are used for skin rejuvenation, and the most noticeable ones are the Hyaluronic Peel and Salicylic Acid Peel, particularly in Dubai. The Salicylic Acid Peel is one of the most beneficial peels for skin exfoliation and regeneration.
What are Salicylic Acid and Salicylic Acid Peels?
Salicylic Acid, a beta-hydroxy acid, is naturally produced by willow bark and wintergreen leaves. It has the properties to remove oil and grease from the skin when used in a Salicylic Acid Peel facial. Moreover, it can help clear acne and acne scars from the face. Compared to other chemical peels, Salicylic Acid Peel gently exfoliates the skin on the surface level and does not harm the skin.
Salicylic Peel can be applied to the following areas:
Types of Salicylic Peels
Salicylic Acid Peels come in various strengths and concentrations. Generally, the practitioner decides which type is suitable for a patient.
The types of peels are categorized as:
Below 20% Concentration: available as over-the-counter topical creams, lotions, and gels for at-home use.
Higher concentrations (e.g., 20-30%): require an expert dermatologist or licensed esthetician for application in a clinical setting.
Aim of the Treatment
Salicylic Peel in Dubai aims to:
- Improve skin tone and texture
- Brighten the complexion
- Treat acne and acne scars
- Remove blackheads
- Reduce skin oiliness
- Treat clogged pores
- Improve wrinkles and fine lines
Who is the ideal candidate?
An ideal candidate for Salicylic Acid Peel is someone suffering from:
It is important to note that pre-procedure instructions can vary depending on the patient’s skin type, medical history, and the peel’s concentration. The dermatologist should provide personalized instructions.
Some general pre-procedure guidelines include:
- Avoid exfoliating, scrubbing, shaving, or waxing the skin for at least 2-3 days before the procedure.
- Keep away from excessive sun exposure and avoid tanning.
- Avoid undergoing laser treatments before the procedure.
- Refrain from using products containing glycolic acid, lactic acid, or vitamin A.
The step-by-step procedure for Salicylic Peel in Dubai is as follows:
- The dermatologist will cleanse the skin and may apply a degreasing solution to the treatment area using cotton balls.
- To protect sensitive areas, like lips and nostrils, he/she will apply petroleum jelly.
- Once the treatment area is prepared and ready, he/she will apply the salicylic acid solution for at least 3-5 minutes.
- During this stage, some patients may feel a mild stinging or burning sensation, which can be cooled with a hand-held fan or cold air.
- After 3-5 minutes, the dermatologist will neutralize the acid peel with water or a specialized solution and apply moisturizer.
Salicylic Acid Peel for acne can give excellent results,, but patients must follow post-procedure instructions after Salicylic Acid Peel in Dubai. While the dermatologist usually provides aftercare instructions, some general guidelines are as follows
- Be gentle with the skin for a few days after the procedure.
- Regularly apply a moisturizer to avoid dryness and flaking.
- Use mild cleansers to keep the skin clean and oil-free.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and apply a dermatologist-prescribed sunscreen whenever going out.
Generally, there is minimal to no downtime after a Salicylic Peel. Patients may experience some temporary side effects, such as redness, swelling, and stinging sensations. However, these side effects are usually temporary and typically subside on their own within a day. In case of dryness or flaking, patients can use a moisturizing cream prescribed by their dermatologist.
Salicylic Peel offers a number of benefits, such as:
- Removing acne as well as blackheads
- Removing dead skin cells
- Reducing skin dullness
- Unclogging pores
- Exfoliating sun-damaged skin
- Eliminating age spots
- Brightening skin
- Treating skin inflammation and redness
Salicylic Acid Peel Cost
The cost of Salicylic Acid Peel in Dubai is not fixed, as it depends on a number of variable factors. Some of these factors are:
- Skin type
- Concentration of peel
- The severity of the skin problem
- Patient’s desired results
- Dermatologist’s qualifications as well as expertise
- Clinic’s location as well as reputation
In general, only a dermatologist can determine the exact cost of the treatment. If you want to learn the exact price for your specific case, consult an expert
Schedule a Consultation
For the best Salicylic Peel in Dubai, visit Laser Skin Care Clinic. We have a team of expert dermatologists who will examine your skin and guide you about the procedure. So, fill the online consultation form to schedule an appointment. You can also give us a call or visit our clinic, and our staff representatives will guide you further.