Flawless skin with a perfect complexion is a dream of every woman.
Pigmentation is the coloring of the skin. A disorder in this coloring might cause hyperpigmentation (darker skin color compared to surrounding skin) or hypopigmentation (light Skin color compared to surrounding skin).
Hyperpigmentation can affect any skin tone, however, people with dark skin tones are more prone to dark spots. if you have developed hyperpigmentation on your dark skin, you do not need to worry!
Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai has treatment options to help you get rid of hyperpigmentation on dark Skin.
What is hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is a skin condition that leads to darker skin and dark spots.
Hyperpigmentation is caused by melasma, drugs, skin injury, inflammation, environmental pollution, or certain types of skin damage, such as sun damage. Excessive melanin production, chemical exposure, or smoke.
How does Hyperpigmentation Appear on Dark Skin?
Hyperpigmentation on dark skin appears as a dark area, it might also appear as dark spots or marks. The color of these marks is usually darker than the surrounding skin.
Generally, the spots appear in the following colors:
- Grey Brown
- Dark brown
Whenever such marks start appearing on your skin, you may consult a dermatologist to determine if they are hyperpigmentation signs.
How is Hyperpigmentation diagnosed on dark Skin?
Hyperpigmentation on dark Skin may be diagnosed by an expert dermatologist through visual inspection. The dermatologist may ask you for a medical history to determine if you have a medical condition that might be causing hyperpigmentation.
- After collecting the medical history, the dermatologist examines the affected area.
- The dermatologist may also use ultraviolet (UV) light to determine hyperpigmentation.
- This examination helps determine which layer of skin is affected by hyperpigmentation.
- A small skin sample may also be collected to perform a skin biopsy. This helps in determining the cause of hyperpigmentation.
Hyperpigmentation Treatments for Dark Skin
There are a number of treatment options for pigmentation on dark skin. Some popular treatments are as follows:
- Laser resurfacing is an effective procedure for removing Hyperpigmentation. Treatment with laser resurfacing is performed under the supervision of experienced professionals.
- The top layer of skin is resurfaced, and younger and fresh skin appears that doesn’t have Hyperpigmentation signs.
- Laser resurfacing might involve some discomfort and results become evident as the skin heals over time.
- Pulsed light is another effective treatment used for treating hyperpigmentation.
- An infrared light beam is subjected to the skin, removing and curing hyperpigmentation.
- This treatment requires multiple sessions as the practitioner targets the affected areas with the light to treat hyperpigmentation.
- A chemical peel is also an effective treatment for hyperpigmentation.
An expert dermatologist applies a chemical mask to the face or affected area in this treatment.
- Chemical peels basically remove deeply embedded pigments removing decolored skin.
Are the results permanent?
The results of hyperpigmentation treatment can be long-lasting but hyperpigmentation can recur, especially if preventative measures are not taken
The aftercare treatments include:
- Using the prescribed lotions and creams.
- Avoiding direct sunlight.
- Wearing sunscreen
Effects of Hyperpigmentation Treatment
Hyperpigmentation can be treated easily and can be cured. It has a number of impacts and effects on the skin. Some of them are:
- It yields flawless skin with no spots, acne marks, pimples, or any marks.
- After the procedure, candidates can have the perfect skin complexion and one-toned skin.
- It makes the skin appear younger with no wrinkles or dark spots.
- It provides a fair complexion.
Hyperpigmentation is a very common problem; hundreds of people experience this skin condition. People often delay seeking treatment, allowing the condition to progress.
We recommend a visit to your dermatologist as soon as you diagnose or see the first symptom. Treating hyperpigmentation earlier helps eliminate it faster and without complications.
If you do not have a dermatologist on your list, Laser Skin Care Clinic Dubai can help!
We have board-certified dermatologists who are well-trained to examine Hyperpigmentation and suggest possible treatment options.