Varicose veins are enlarged twisted vessels that become visible mostly on lower legs. These veins give an appearance of lumpy skin in the affected area. Generally, these malfunctioned veins do not cause any health issues and only pose cosmetic discomfort. At times though, they can cause physical pain as well. However, most people with varicose veins on their legs feel shy in wearing shorts or sports suits. Therefore, they seek Varicose Veins Treatment Dubai for medical reasons and not merely for aesthetic reasons.
Causes of Varicose Veins
The main reason behind getting varicose veins is the poor performance of valves in the legs. The valves can stop functioning due to a variety of reasons. This malfunctioning causes blood accumulation in the vessels. Eventually, these veins cease to perform their natural function. It is not a disease-oriented condition.
Below we have mentioned some common causes of varicose veins Dubai:
- Sudden weight gain
- Prolonged sitting or standing
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Genetics or hereditary factors
- Age factors
- Excessive sedentary habits
Symptoms of Varicose Veins
Generally, a doctor diagnoses varicose veins after assessing the symptoms and undertaking visual exams. However, some typical symptoms of the varicose veins include:
- Swollen legs
- A feeling of heaviness in the legs
- Irritated and dry skin
- Formation of skin ulcers that take time to heal
- Thick and hard ankles
- Swollen and visible veins in lower limbs
The Laser System We Use
Several types of lasers can be used to remove varicose veins, but the ND:Yag Laser System is the most common due to its effectiveness. Candela GentleMax Laser is also used for the Laser Treatment for Varicose Veins Dubai.
Varicose Veins Treatment
When it comes to treating this condition, the best Varicose Vein Treatment Dubai is the laser. Although varicose vein surgery is also available, most doctors and patients prefer Laser Treatment due to its minimally invasive nature.
Two types of laser treatments are available for treating varicose veins:
Simple Laser Treatment
- In simple laser treatment, the varicose vein specialist in Dubai uses laser energy to target veins present below the skin.
- He/she will make the laser beams incident on the swollen veins from the outside the skin.
- The laser beams destroy the veins and the heat energy blocks them.
- Generally, the recovery period for this treatment is very brief.
- Patients can return to their routine activities immediately after the procedure.
Endovenous Laser Treatment
- Endovenous laser varicose veins treatment Dubai is used to treat larger varicose veins inside the legs.
- The treatment is performed after the administration of local anesthesia.
- For this purpose, a thin tube is passed into the affected vein(s) after making small incisions.
- The tube has a laser fiber on its tip, which provides laser energy to the veins.
- The energy once absorbed by the veins helps its collapse, and the body quickly absorbs it.
- Since the varicose veins do not perform any functions anyway, their collapse does not affect the leg’s functionality.
Preparing for Varicose Veins Treatment
Follow these tips to ensure that you are best prepared for laser varicose veins treatment and get the most out of it:
- Stop taking any blood-thinning medications, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, beta-blockers, etc., at least two weeks before the treatment.
- Discontinue taking supplements such as Cod Liver Oil and Vitamin E for about 10-15 days before the procedure.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep the night before the procedure.
- Wash and shave the affected area before coming for the treatment.
Generally, every varicose veins doctor in Dubai provides post-procedural care guidelines to their patients. To avoid any complications after the treatment, patients must follow these instructions.
Some general aftercare instructions are as follows:
- Only use medications prescribed by the doctor and only take pain management medicine if needed.
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the treated areas for a while after the treatment.
- Scabbing is inevitable. Avoid picking at the scab or crusts.
- Do not wash the treatment site for a few hours post-procedure.
- Avoid applying topical skincare products containing retinoids and hydroxyl acids.
Before and After Results
Patients will notice a significant improvement in the appearance of the malfunctioned veins immediately after the treatment. However, patients may need multiple sessions for the complete removal of the problem-causing veins.
There are plenty of benefits of Laser treatment for Varicose Veins Removal. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- It is minimally invasive.
- The recovery time needed is relatively brief.
- There are no severe side-effects to this treatment.
- Topical or local anesthesia is used to perform this treatment; therefore, general anesthesia risks are also absent.
- Results are quite spectacular, and in most cases, varicose veins are obliterated.
Varicose Veins Treatment Cost in Dubai
The varicose vein removal price depends on several factors and, therefore, varies from patient to patient. However, generally, the treatment area’s size highly influences the cost of this treatment. If you want to learn the exact cost for your treatment, consult a varicose vein specialist.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION
To learn more about the Laser Varicose Veins Treatment Dubai, visit us at Laser Skin Care Clinic. Moreover, you can sign up for a FREE online consultation with our varicose vein specialist by taking a moment to fill the form below.