No, swimming during the initial 24-48 hours of the treatment is not advisable. The treated body part is sensitive during this time, and its contact with the chemical present in water may cause irritation and infection.
You must avoid swimming in pools, lakes, rivers, sea, jacuzzi, and plunge pools.
Summer and unwanted hair do not go together. Summer calls for short sleeves and backless dresses and not to forget swimsuits. How can you ever showcase your body when you look no less than a teddy bear. Summer is particularly hard on women, especially in this regard. Forget about the waxing, threading, and tweezing, laser hair removal in Dubai is the cure to all your worries.
Summers and Increase in the Laser Trend
With the summers around the corner, the demand for laser hair removal in Dubai is increasing dramatically. People want to look and feel confident in their swimsuits and be the center of attention during pool parties.
You may wonder why swimming is not allowed after a laser hair removal treatment. The reason can be the corrosive agents included in the water of the swimming pool. These agents can irritate the skin.
The skin becomes more sensitive because of the chlorine and sea salt included in the seawater and all public swimming pools. So, you should allow recovery time to your skin after a laser hair removal session.
Once the natural protective layer of skin is recovered, you can go swimming and enjoy your summer breaks!
Further related facts are as follows:
- If you are talking about swimming an hour later after laser hair removal, the answer is a big No.
- Laser hair removal not merely kills the roots of the follicles but also makes your skin super sensitive. You should refrain from swimming for at least 36 hours to ensure your skin heals itself.
- Pool water contains chlorine which, when it comes in contact with your skin, can irritate it, especially when it is highly sensitive from laser hair removal.
The Reason Behind Avoiding Swimming
- Water in swimming pools contains high levels of chemicals, bacteria, and algae that can irritate normal skin, let alone skin that has been freshly treated with laser hair removal.
- Wait for 48 hours, and you can return to swimming, but with precautions.
- If swimming in an open-air water body, it is important that you apply waterproof sunscreen to the treated areas.
- Use sunscreen with Sun Protection Factor (SPF) 50 or above to prevent pigmentation problems.
- If you have extremely sensitive skin and it takes longer than normal for the symptoms to subside, wait until your skin has completely recovered before going for a swim.
Other Short-term Side Effects of Laser
Common aftereffects of laser hair removal treatment include redness, swelling, and mild itching at the treatment site. But these are very common reactions from lasers, and the skin recovers from these aftereffects itself; you don’t need to be concerned about them. While the skin recovers from these reactions, it is important that you protect it from anything that may cause irritation or infection, including swimming.
Dos and Don’ts of Summer Laser Hair Removal
Some of the key dos and don’ts of summer laser hair removal in Dubai include:
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible.
- Apply sunscreen generously to avoid pigmentation problems.
- Do not exfoliate treated areas for 5 to 7 days at least.
- Do not take a sauna bath or hot showers.
- Avoid all types of tanning, sun tanning, tanning beds, and use of tanning lotions.
How long after the laser session do you have to wait to swim?
According to the experts, you should wait for almost 24 to 48 hours after the procedure for swimming. In the case of having a higher level of skin sensitivity, you may notice temporary side effects for a long time period.
In such a case, you should wait until these side effects are gone. You should wear high-quality sunscreen that is waterproof when you are going to swim. With the use of an SPF50+, you can prevent pigmentation in the treated areas.
Swimming in between laser hair removal sessions is completely safe. If you swim in an outdoor facility and your treated area gets tanned, you may immediately reach our dermatologist to resolve the issue.
For more details about Laser Hair Removal Dubai, contact Laser Skin Care and let our experts guide you. You can also book a free online consultation by filling out the consultation form.