Summer and unwanted hair do not go together. Summer calls for short sleeves and backless dresses and not to forget swimsuits. How can you ever showcase your body when you look no less than a teddy bear. Summer is particularly hard on women, especially in this regard. Forget about the waxing, threading and tweezing, laser hair removal in Dubai is the cure to all your worries.
Summers and Increase in the Laser Trend
With the summers just around the corner, the demand for laser hair removal in Dubai is increasing dramatically. people want to look and feel confident in their swimsuits and be the center of attention during pool parties. However, there is one major concern that comes with it.
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Can a person go swimming after laser hair removal Dubai? well, the answer is quite simple. Let’s give you an in-depth guide in regards to swimming and laser.
You may wonder why swimming is not allowed after a laser hair removal treatment. The reason can be the corrosive agents included in the water of the swimming pool. These agents can cause irritation to the skin. Also, the skin becomes more sensitive because of the chlorine and sea salt included in the seawater and all public swimming pools. So, you should allow recovery time to your skin so that the natural protective layer of the skin can be recovered. After that, there is no problem in going for swimming.
Further related facts are as follows:
- If you are talking about swimming an hour later after laser hair removal Dubai, the answer is a big No.
- Laser hair removal not merely kills the roots of the follicles but also makes your skin super sensitive. you should refrain from swimming for at least 36 hours to ensure your skin heals itself.
- Pool water contains chlorine which when it comes in contact with your skin, can irritate it, especially when it is highly sensitive from the laser.
- However, you don’t need to worry at all as it does not have any long-term side effects. Just make sure to get it done at least a week before the treatment.
The Reason Behind Avoiding Swimming
- Water in swimming pools contains high levels of chemicals bacteria and algae that can irritate normal skin, let alone skin that has been freshly treated with laser hair removal Dubai.
- Wait for 48 hours and after that, you can return to swimming, but with precautions.
- If swimming in an open-air water body then it is important that you apply waterproof sunscreen to the treated areas and reapply often.
- Use a sunscreen with Sun Protection Factor (SPF) 50 or above to prevent pigmentation problems.
- If you have extremely sensitive skin and it takes longer than normal for the symptoms to subside, wait until your skin has completely recovered before going for a swim.
Other Short-term Side Effects of Laser
Common aftereffects of laser hair removal Dubai treatment include redness, swelling, and mild itching at the treatment site. But these are very common reactions from lasers and you don’t need to be concerned about them. While the skin recovers from these reactions from laser hair removal Dubai, it is important that you protect it from anything that may cause irritation or infection.
Dos and Don’ts of Summer Laser Hair Removal
Some of the key dos and don’ts of summer laser hair removal in Dubai include:
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible
- Apply sunscreen generously to avoid pigmentation problems
- Do not exfoliate treated areas for 5 to 7 days at least
- Do not take a sauna bath or hot showers
- Avoid all types of tanning, sun tanning, tanning beds and use of tanning lotions
How long after the laser session do you have to wait to swim?
According to our experts, you should wait for almost 24 to 48 hours after the procedure for swimming. In the case of having a higher level of sensitivity of the skin, you may notice the temporary side-effects for a long time period. In such a case, our experts recommend you to wait more and swimming for more time. You should wear high-quality sunscreen that should also be waterproof when you are going for swimming. With the use of an SPF50+, you can prevent pigmentation in the area where you have got the treatment session.
For more details about Laser hair Removal Dubai, contact Laser Skin Care and let our experts guide you. You can also book a free online consultation by filling the consultation form.