Laser hair removal is a cosmetic treatment that uses a concentrated light beam to eliminate unwanted body hair. When directed to the treatment area, this light beam (laser) gets absorbed into the follicles and dark hair pigments. This process increases the temperature at the dermal layer, damaging the follicles and preventing future hair growth.
Aim of the Laser Hair Removal Treatment
The primary aim of this hair removal procedure is to reduce unwanted strands on your body. This treatment helps drive several desirable results, including:
- Hair-free skin with added glow and smoothness
- Future prevention of the growth of thicker hairs in the treated area
Laser Hair Removal Benefits
Laser hair removal treatments offer a myriad of benefits. For this reason, it is rightly known as the best treatment for unwanted hair removal. In general, this treatment delivers the following benefits.
- It eliminates the need to spend money and time on shaving, waxing, and epilators for the long term.
- Laser hair removal is primarily a painless procedure. The only discomfort associated with this procedure is a mild tingling, which generally resembles the snapping of a rubber band.
- Laser hair removal also helps you get a smoother skin surface by targeting ingrown hair.
- This treatment doesn’t usually cause significant side effects except for mild redness, which disappears soon after the procedure.
Who is the ideal candidate?
The laser hair removal treatment at our clinic in Dubai is suitable for just about anyone willing to shed unwanted body hair for the long term. However, a dermatologist will first determine your candidacy for this treatment. Here are some vital points to consider:
- Generally, you are a good candidate for hair removal with lasers if you have dark hair and light skin. On the other hand, people with darker skin may need specific laser settings.
- You have to make sure that your treatment area is free of rashes, open wounds, and infections at the time of laser hair removal treatment.
Areas Treatable with Laser Hair Removal
According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, Laser treatment for hair removal helps eliminate excess hair from several body areas, such as:
- Public area
This treatment also helps men make their beard line more noticeable.
Another quite popular option that many people opt for is full body laser hair removal.
The image below provides a nice overview of the areas that can get laser hair removal treatment.
Machine We Use
At Laser Skin Care Clinic, we use two laser machines for hair removal, namely:
- Candela GentleMax Laser
These machines emit Alexandrite and ND: YAG laser, allowing our laser skincare specialists to target hair strands of varying colors on different skin types.
The laser hair removal procedure we use at our cosmetic center in Dubai abides by all safety standards. Still, you must adhere to pre-treatment instructions provided before the treatment. Here are the steps you should follow before getting this treatment:
- Except for shaving the treatment area, avoid any at-home cosmetic or hair removal treatment before the laser procedure. This may also include avoiding routine skincare products.
- You may need to avoid going out in the sun without need. If you have to go out anyway, wear sunscreen.
Laser Hair Removal Procedure
Laser hair removal is a quick and almost non-invasive procedure. Here is a generalized overview of the steps involved in this treatment:
- Step 1: First off, our laser skincare specialist will cleanse your skin to wipe off any traces of makeup or dust.
- Step 2: Then, they will move a handheld device across the skin to direct a laser beam onto the treatment area. The laser beam gets absorbed into the hair follicles and dark pigments – also known as melanin – and then transforms into heat. This heat destroys follicles and hair shafts, inhibiting future hair growth.
- Step 3: The dermatologist applies a cooling gel to the treated area after using the laser device. This cooling gel minimizes the discomfort caused by the laser beam. The dermatologist may also use an antibiotic solution if your skin is prone to infections.
You can expect a quick and uneventful recovery after receiving laser hair removal therapy at our clinic in Dubai. Even so, you will need to adhere to a post-treatment skincare regimen as advised by the dermatologist. Here is a quick synopsis of guidelines you must follow:
- After the treatment, your skin will be sensitive to harmful ultraviolet rays. So, be sure to avoid going out in the sun during peak hours. If you have to go out, wear a hat to protect your skin from sun rays.
- Wearing a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 50 or above is advisable for a week or so after the treatment.
- Ensure not to undergo any cosmetic treatments between two laser hair removal sessions. Also, do not use any hair removal methods except for shaving during this time.
Results of Laser Treatment for Removing Hair
Laser treatment ensures the removal of a significant number of strands with every session. Hence, you will probably get desirable results after a few treatment sessions.
It is worth mentioning that hair grows in cycles. And, the laser beam used during laser hair removal treatment can target a hair follicle only in its specific growth phase called anagen. Since not all hair follicles in a treatment area are in the anagen phase at any given time, it would be impossible to full results in one go.
Moreover, the number of treatment sessions required for complete hair removal differs from case to case, depending on the following factors:
- Skin and hair color
- Hair location
- Hormonal status
- Type of laser used
However, the good thing is you will not see any hair growing in the treated region once the laser hair removal treatment concludes.
Before and After Results
Laser Hair Removal Myths
Unfortunately, myths and misconceptions tend to portray laser treatment for hair removal as somewhat a controversial procedure. Here is a quick rebuttal to some of the most common myths related to this treatment.
Laser Hair Removal Dubai Price
The laser hair removal price varies widely from person to person depending upon various factors. These include:
- Number of sessions needed
- Size of the area to be treated
- The geographic location of your provider
- Color, texture, and thickness of the hair
- Experience and reputation of your doctor
Generally, the average price of full body laser hair removal in Dubai ranges between AED 2500 and AED 3500.
The cost of a laser hair removal session ranges from:
- 300 AED to 500 AED for a small body area
- 600 AED to 900 AED for a medium body area
- 1000 AED to 1200 AED for a large body area
And last but not least, our dermatologist will have the final say about the cost of the procedure.
Laser Hair Removal FAQs
How bad does laser hair removal hurt?
Not bad at all. In fact, most individuals who underwent this treatment explain the sensation of the laser impact similar to having a mild rubber band snap on the skin surface.
How many laser sessions do I need for hair removal?
It is impossible to destroy or damage all hair follicles in one laser session because not all of those follicles are in their growth phase at any given time. For this reason, patients will need to get treated with a hair removal laser multiple times for desired results. The average number of sessions laser hair removal may require can be between six and eight. Various other factors like skin color, texture, and hair shade also determine the number of these sessions.
Is hair removal with lasers a safe procedure?
One of the best things about laser treatment is that this procedure doesn't come with many ill effects. Laser hair removal doesn't usually cause any significant complications aside from mild pain and redness unless you fail to follow instructions from your laser expert.
What precautions to take between every two treatment sessions?
Ensure to avoid sun exposure and harsh treatments, such as waxing or threading, between every two hair removal sessions. Moreover, keep your skin moisturized during this time. The treatment results tend to be more favorable and persistent with a carefully managed treated area.
Can You shave between laser hair removal sessions?
Yes, you can shave your treated area between two laser sessions. When shaving, you will notice a significantly reduced hair growth on the treated region even after the first treatment session.
Does laser help remove thin hair?
A laser can help remove thin hairs that are dark-colored. On the other hand, light-colored, soft, and downy hairs are most difficult to remove with laser treatments.
Is it Worth Getting Laser treatment for Hair Removal?
Although the upfront price of laser treatment for hair removal is higher than other routine ways to remove unwanted strands, this treatment delivers longer-standing results. After the treatment, you won't have to stick to painful threading and waxing, which are significantly time-consuming. On top of that, you will get smoother and livelier skin for the long term. So, is laser hair removal worth it? Yes, undoubtedly.
What are the Safety Precautions for this Treatment at our Clinic?
Laser hair removal at Laser Skin Care Clinic involves directing a laser beam to the treatment site. We understand the adverse effects of a poorly managed procedure on your skin. For this reason, we use the best laser equipment configured with the safest yet most effective settings.
Additionally, we use topical anesthetic solutions to reduce procedure-related pain. After the procedure, our highly experienced dermatologist provides a complete set of instructions to the patient to avoid any complications and side effects.
How long does it take for hair to fall out after laser treatment?
Don't be disappointed to notice some hair on the treatment area right after a laser session for hair removal. A destroyed hair follicle will still contain a dead strand in its cavity that will fall out eventually after 10-15 days. Finally, you will start noticing treatment results after about two weeks of the procedure.
Schedule an Appointment
Do you want to undergo laser hair removal in Dubai? You can visit Laser Skin Care Clinic, which employs state-of-the-art laser equipment and certified dermatologists with years of experience. You can fill the form below to sign up for the initial consultation.