Laser hair removal is a cosmetic treatment that uses a concentrated laser beam to eliminate unwanted body hair. This laser beam, when directed to the treatment area, gets absorbed into the hair follicles and dark hair pigments. As a result, the temperature at the dermal layer increases, damaging the follicles and preventing unwanted hair growth in the future.
Table of Contents
Aim of the Laser Hair Removal Treatment
The primary aim of this treatment is to reduce unwanted strands on your body. Laser hair removal helps drive several desirable results, including:
- Hair-free skin with added glow and smoothness
- Future prevention of the growth of thicker hairs in the treated area
What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal treatment is regarded as the best treatment to remove the hair you do not want on your body. This is mainly due to the following benefits:
- After the treatment, you won’t need to spend money and time on shaving, waxing, and epilators for a long time.
- Laser hair removal is primarily a painless procedure. The only discomfort associated with this treatment is a mild tingling, which generally resembles what you feel when a rubber band snaps against your skin.
- Laser hair removal also helps you get a smoother skin surface by targeting ingrown hair.
- This treatment doesn’t usually cause significant side effects except for mild redness, which disappears soon after the procedure.
Who is the ideal candidate?
The laser hair removal treatment at our clinic in Dubai is suitable for just about anyone wanting to keep their body hair-free for a long time. However, a dermatologist will first determine your candidacy for this treatment. Here are some vital points to consider:
- Generally speaking, you are a good candidate for hair removal with lasers if you have dark hair and light skin. On the other hand, people with darker skin may need specific laser settings.
- You have to make sure that your treatment area is free of rashes, open wounds, and infections at the time of laser hair removal treatment.
Areas Treatable with Laser Hair Removal
According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, Laser treatment for hair removal helps eliminate excess hair from several body areas, such as:
- Bikini area
- Public area
Many women opt for full body hair removal to get rid of unwanted hair once and for all. On the other hand, this hair removal treatment is a popular option among men who want to make their beard line more noticeable. In general, this treatment helps reduce hair on all body areas except eyelashes.
The image below provides a detailed overview of the body areas where you can receive laser hair removal treatment.
Laser Machines We Use for Hair Removal
At Laser Skin Care Clinic, we use two laser machines for hair removal, namely:
- Candela GentleMax Laser
These machines emit Alexandrite and ND: YAG lasers to target hair strands of just about any color on any skin type.
Laser Hair Removal Procedure
Laser hair removal is a quick and smooth procedure. Here is a generalized overview of the steps involved in this treatment:
- Step 1: First off, our laser skincare specialist will cleanse your skin to wipe off any traces of makeup or dust.
- Step 2: Then, they will move a handheld device across the skin to direct a laser beam onto the treatment area. The laser beam transforms into heat after getting absorbed into the hair follicles and dark pigments – also known as melanin. This heat destroys unwanted hair strands along with their corresponding follicles, inhibiting future hair growth.
- Step 3: The dermatologist applies a cooling gel to the treated area after using the laser device. This cooling gel minimizes the discomfort caused by the laser beam. The dermatologist may also use an antibiotic solution if your skin is prone to infections.
Not only do pre-treatment instructions help you get fully prepared for the laser hair removal treatment, but these guidelines also help you get the desired results after the procedure. Here are the steps to follow before getting this treatment:
- Avoid any cosmetic or hair removal treatment at home before the laser procedure. This also includes avoiding routine skincare products. You may, however, shave the treatment area.
- You may need to avoid going out in the sun without need. If you have to go out anyway, wear sunscreen.
You can expect a quick and uneventful recovery after receiving laser hair removal therapy at our clinic in Dubai. Still, you will need to adhere to a post-treatment skincare regimen as advised by the dermatologist. Here is a quick synopsis of guidelines you must follow:
- After the treatment, your skin will be sensitive to harmful ultraviolet rays. So, be sure to avoid going out in the sun during peak hours. If you have to go out, wear a hat to protect your skin from sun rays.
- Wearing a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 50 or above is advisable for a week or so after the treatment.
- Ensure not to undergo any cosmetic treatments between two laser hair removal sessions. Also, do not use any hair removal methods except for shaving during this time.
Results of Laser Treatment for Removing Hair
Laser treatment removes a significant amount of unwanted hair with every session. So full results are usually attainable after multiple treatment sessions.
Hair grows in cycles, and the laser beam can target a hair follicle in its specific growth phase called anagen. Not all hair follicles in a treatment area are in the anagen phase at any given time. Therefore, more than one laser treatment session is required to achieve the desired results.
The number of treatment sessions required also depends on:
- Skin and hair color
- Hair location
- Hormonal status
- Type of laser used
The good thing is you will not see any unwanted hair growth in the treated region for a long time once you have undergone all laser hair removal sessions.
Before and After Results
Laser Hair Removal Myths
The modern-day laser treatment for hair removal is the safest, fastest, and most comfortable way to get rid of unwanted body hair. Yet, many myths hold hair removal candidates back from getting this treatment. Here are the top myths about this treatment debunked.
Laser Hair Removal Price
The laser hair removal price varies from person to person depending upon various factors, including:
- Number of sessions needed
- Size of the area to be treated
- Color, texture, and thickness of the hair
- Experience and reputation of your doctor
Generally, the average price of full body laser hair removal at our clinic in Dubai ranges between AED 2500 and AED 3500.
The cost of a laser hair removal session ranges from:
- 300 AED to 500 AED for a small body area
- 600 AED to 900 AED for a medium body area
- 1000 AED to 1200 AED for a large body area
And last but not least, our dermatologist will have the final say about the cost of the procedure.
Laser Hair Removal FAQs
How bad does laser hair removal hurt?
Not bad at all. In fact, most individuals who underwent this treatment explain the sensation of the laser impact similar to having a mild rubber band snap on the skin surface.
How many laser sessions do I need for hair removal?
The average number of laser sessions required for intended hair removal ranges between six and eight. The number of required treatment sessions mainly depends on skin color, texture, and hair shade.
Is hair removal with lasers a safe procedure?
Yes, laser hair removal is a safe treatment. It doesn't usually cause any significant complications aside from mild pain and redness. It is necessary to follow instructions from your laser expert.
What precautions to take between every two treatment sessions?
Ensure to avoid sun exposure and refrain from waxing or threading between two hair removal sessions. Moreover, keep your skin moisturized during this time. The treatment results tend to be more favorable and persistent with a carefully managed treated area.
Can You shave between laser hair removal sessions?
Yes, you can shave your treated area between two laser sessions. When shaving, you will notice a significantly reduced hair growth on the treated region even after the first treatment session.
Does laser help remove thin hair?
A laser can help remove thin hairs that are dark-colored. On the other hand, it may be a bit challenging to remove light-colored, soft, and downy hairs with laser treatments.
Is it Worth Getting Laser treatment for Hair Removal?
Yes, because laser treatments can help remove unwanted hair for a longer-term than other home-based methods such as shaving, waxing, or threading.
What are the Safety Precautions for this Treatment at our Clinic?
At Laser Skin Care Clinic, we use the best laser equipment configured with the safest yet most effective settings to ensure the smooth removal of unwanted hair.
Additionally, we use topical anesthetic solutions to reduce procedure-related pain. After the procedure, our highly experienced dermatologists provide complete instructions to help you avoid any complications and side effects.
How long does it take for hair to fall out after laser treatment?
After laser hair removal treatment, it generally takes 10-15 days for treated hairs to start falling out of their follicles after laser hair removal treatment. It generally takes several weeks for all of the treated hairs to fall out.
Schedule an Appointment
Do you want to undergo laser hair removal? You can visit the Laser Skin Care Clinic in Dubai, where our certified practitioners use state-of-the-art laser equipment to help you get rid of unwanted hair.