A Comparison of Laser Hair Removal and Traditional MethodsAugust 3, 2016
6 Skin Whitening Masks for MenAugust 8, 2016
Summer sun excites many: clear, beautiful skies and the warmth of sun against the face. But there is a rather unpleasant side of summers as well: increased acne breakouts on face and body. Even though acne can catch you up any time all year round, susceptibility to get pimples increases considerably during summers. Are you also a victim wondering how to get rid of pimples? Stop worrying and just continue reading.
There are ways not only to treat summer acne but also beat the breakouts with a little vigilant approach. Here we will share with you not only the tips to beat acne but also 5 effective remedies to get rid of acne in summer.
Tips to Beat Summer Acne:
Here are a few tips that can help you stop acne before it starts:
- Choose the right sunscreen: Whenever going out, regardless of which weather it is, sunscreen is a must. If you have acne prone skin, use clear face sunscreen lotion labeled non-commedogenic. This means it won’t clog pores, a most common cause of acne breakouts.
- Be prepared for the summer grease: Dermatologists recommend keeping blotting papers in bags to deal with the summer grease. Whenever you are out, sebaceous glands become overactive, producing more oil. Use blotting papers to degrease your skin.
- Don’t use harsh skincare products: Using face washes, soaps and cleansers stuffed with harsh chemicals can result in skin irritation. Use mild face wash with salicylic acid as an active ingredient. It helps unclog pores but does not make your skin overly dry or feel itchy and stretched.
- Use Oil-eliminating ingredients: Read the labels when buying your everyday skincare products. Go for the one containing sulfur and salicylic acid. Together, these elements create a moderately drying effect, thereby protecting your skin from excessive sweating.
- Switch up skincare routine: If you have acne-prone skin then summers is the high time to witch up your skincare routine and add up some medicated products such as glycolic acid or salicylic acid pads. Also add an astringent to your morning cleansing routine. These easy-to-use products help easily remove dead skin cells and trapped bacteria.
Natural remedies to treat the pimples:
While drug stores are loaded with creams, lotions and serums claiming to treat acne in days, they are stuffed with harsh chemicals that can further worsen the condition. What can be better and safer than time tested natural remedies? Here are 5 home remedies to get rid of acne:
- Apple cider vinegar: Mix one part of pure unfiltered apple cider vinegar with three parts of fresh water and apply it directly to the pimples with the help of a cotton ball. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash face thoroughly. Repeat this daily for best results.
- Cinnamon and honey mask: Thoroughly mix two tablespoons of raw honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon to get a smooth paste. Apply the mask on the entire face, particularly pimples, and wait for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off completely. Repeat 2-3 times every week.
- Papaya paste: Take one fresh papaya and mash up its flesh to obtain a smooth paste that is easy to apply to your skin. Apply onto the entire face, focusing on the acne. Wait for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat daily or at least thrice a week.
- Orange peel application: Grind orange peels obtained from two oranges using a blender and add a little fresh water to create a paste easy to apply. Cover the pimples with this paste. You can also apply to acne free areas of the face. Wait for 15-20 minutes and then wash off completely with normal tap water.
- Banana peel: Take one banana peel and rub it in circular motion all over your face, starting from one side of the face and concluding on the other side. Once you have covered the entire face, let it sit for half an hour and then wash off.
Try these remedies and say goodbye to summer acne. If you are wondering how to get rid of pimples with a professional treatment, oxygen facial may be worth considering. For more details fill the consultation form below.