Summers bring days of clear, beautiful skies and the warmth of the sun, all of which are exciting for most of us. But there is a rather unpleasant side of summers: increased acne breakouts on the face and body. Even though acne can catch you up any time all year round, susceptibility to getting pimples increases considerably during summers. Are you also a victim wondering how to get rid of pimples? Stop worrying and continue reading.
There are some preemptive ways to treat summer acne and beat the breakouts. The first part of this article describes tips to deal with summer acne. The latter part explains remedies to get rid of pimples and blemishes. So, let’s get started.
Tips to Beat Summer Acne
Here are a few tips that can help you stop acne before it starts:
- Choose the right sunscreen: Whenever going out, make sure to wear the right sunscreen regardless of the weather. If you have acne-prone skin, use clear face sunscreen lotion labeled non-comedogenic. This sunscreen doesn’t clog your pores.
- Be prepared for the summer grease: Dermatologists recommend keeping blotting papers in the bag to deal with the summer grease. Whenever you are out, sebaceous glands become overactive and produce more oil. Use blotting papers to degrease your skin.
- Don’t use harsh skin care products: Using face washes, soaps, and cleansers stuffed with harsh chemicals can result in skin irritation. Use mild face wash with salicylic acid as an active ingredient. It helps unclog pores without making your skin overly dry or feel itchy and stretched.
- Use Oil-eliminating ingredients: Read the labels when buying your everyday skincare products. Go for the one containing sulfur and salicylic acid. Together, these elements create a moderately drying effect, thereby protecting your skin from excessive sweating.
- Spruce up skincare routine: If you have acne-prone skin, then summer is the high time to spruce up your skincare routine. For this purpose, you may need to add some medicated products such as glycolic acid or salicylic acid pads to your daily skincare regimen. These easy-to-use products help easily remove dead skin cells and trapped bacteria. Also, add an astringent to your morning cleansing routine.
Natural Remedies to Treat Pimples
While drug stores are loaded with creams, lotions, and serums claiming to treat acne in days, they are stuffed with harsh chemicals that further worsen the condition. Fortunately, many home remedies can help treat these pimples for good. We will overview some of those remedies below:
- Apple cider vinegar: Mix one portion of pure, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with three portions of fresh water and apply it directly to the pimples using a cotton ball. Leave this solution on for ten minutes, and then wash the face thoroughly. Repeat this process daily for the best results.
- Cinnamon and honey mask: Thoroughly mix two tablespoons of raw honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon to get a smooth paste. Apply this mask on the entire face, especially pimples, and wait for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off thoroughly. Repeat this process 2-3 times every week.
- Papaya paste: Take one fresh papaya and mash its flesh to obtain a smooth paste. Apply this paste to the entire face, focusing on the acne. Wait for 15-20 minutes, then rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat daily or at least thrice a week.
- Orange peel application: Grind orange peels obtained from two oranges using a blender and add a little fresh water to create a smooth paste. Cover the pimples with this paste. You can also apply it to acne-free areas of the face. Wait for 15-20 minutes, and then wash off thoroughly with tap water.
- Banana peel: Take one banana peel and rub it in a circular motion all over your face, starting from one side to the other. Once you have covered the entire face, let it sit for half an hour and then wash it away.
All these remedies can prevent and reduce the appearance of acne. But remember, the key is to remain consistent with these methods to achieve desirable results.
Home remedies and over-the-counter options make a viable acne prevention regimen and may help treat mild to moderate acne. However, you will need to consider clinical options if the problem is severe. Our acne treatment program at Laser Skin Care Clinic includes several methods to remove acne blemishes on your skin. To discuss this treatment in detail with an expert doctor, fill out the form below.